Sign in to follow this  
s15adamjdm

Spraying s15 console

has anyone sprayed there s15 console before if so ..what paint? code? does it look good or better to buy a new one

I've been thinking about this too since mine is hacked up and shitty looking. I would assume should just be a simple sand and spray with the right paint but haven't had the guts to do it myself yet

if you use rattle can paint, it was peel and flake as it reacts to the heat and your sweat

you need to find a decent paint that will be flexible enough when the car is hot and then becomes cold

and obviously if you lean on it enough, your sweat will eat it away, so you will have to find something suitable

I want to spray mine when I get the time, I was planning on wet sanding with p800, matching up the colour in automotive paint, then using a low gloss clear coat (hopefully so it's durable enough not to scratch up again)

Where people go wrong is they don't apply plastic adhesion promotor, Paint doesn't stick to plastic well at all

raw plastic needs an adhesion promoter/primer, but painted plastic only need sanding.

not sure on weather to go with the original silver or something slightly different??

what have other people done?

if you use rattle can paint, it was peel and flake as it reacts to the heat and your sweat

What the hell you on about? It can be done, and I have done it.

Primer.

was it that hard to understand?

if you use spray can paint straight onto your centre console, after a few weeks of leaning on it every day, it will peel and flake

you have to use plastic primer before painting any plastic,,,READ THE SPRAY CAN