Sign in to follow this  
Deep-Dish

CA18det splutters on boost once warm?

Hello All,

I have tried using the search function on ns and google but still cant find an answer. Very similar symptoms but no answer...

Ive got a ca18det s13 which is having the trouble. The car boosts fine and idles like a dream when cold. As soon as it reaches running temp it idles like an abortion and splutters all the way through boost until it reaches high rpm. There is little to no torque in low range or if you put your foot to the floor. I have checked for vaccum leaks, replaced the coolant temp sensor, configured ignition timing, cleaned afm, ran injector cleaner, adjusted fuel reg, swapped o2 sensor. Im puting it down to farked AFM or CAS??? Any thoughts? Anyone had this problem?

Cheers

is it misfiring at idle?

try unplugging each coil pack one at a time and see if the idle changes.

sound like one of the coils cant handle the heat ounce it warms up.

have you checked your plugs ? could be fouled, aslo check gap, if running more then stock boost they need to be gapped down.

There are no manifold leaks.. intake and or exhaust ? is the boost control lazy when it happens ?

Yep replace plugs & check your injector plugs , just replaced mine as they were proper fkd , fixed a decent miss .

is it misfiring at idle? try unplugging each coil pack one at a time and see if the idle changes. sound like one of the coils cant handle the heat ounce it warms up.
this will work most of the time, but not always. i had the same issue and i tried to unplug one at a time and it would still drop a cylinder, i replaced all 4 of them and it fixed the problem.

I had the same problem a few weeks ago, found a small crack in the porcelain in one of the plugs, replaced plugs, problem solved although it could be many other things.