Sign in to follow this  
blackdragon999

Seatcovers on Recaros

Hey guys,

Got a set of recaro's in my car and my driver's seat is starting to wear on the side bit where I get in and out. (i'm told it's pretty common with these types of seats)

Anyone know what kind of seatcovers would be good to use and if putting seatcovers on will help to stop the wearing on my seat?

Any help or personal experience would be great!

Cheers!

seat cover won't help the wearing, either stick gaffer tape on it or get it retrimmed.

Thanx for the response, any idea of a good place to get it retrimmed that won't rip me off and will do a decent job? in ACT?

Does anyone know if there is a particular fabric that is less prone to wear? (might be a stupid question but i gotta ask just in case)

Another preventative measure you can take against wearing that bolster out again is to simply be careful with how you get in and out of the car, avoid putting any weight on the bolsters when you do this.

I've never had anything retrimmed here so can't recommend a place. As far as material, you could ask whatever place you take it to patch it up and use some harder wearing material on the wear points.

Thanks for the responses!

I will have a look around and get some quotes, if anyone else has any recommendations that would be great!

Ask the trimmer about marine grade fabrics, should be harder wearing and hopefully suitable for you

I had a normal wooly seat cover on my racing seat in my old silvia was stretched at first but over time molded to the seat pretty well. As for wear hard to say as the seat was already rooted :)

Trims by Shaun in Mitchell do some good high quality stuff check them out up near Kennards.