Sign in to follow this  
ALPHAOMEGA

Do you street drive your Silvia regularly? How many KM's in a year?

163 members have voted

1. 1. How many KM's in a year?

• 0 ? 5000km
    • 5000 ? 10,000km
    • 10,000 ? 15,000km
    • 15,000km ? 20,000km
    • 20,000km+

Hey guys we’d like to find out from those that drive their S-chassis cars on the street on a regular basis, say around 3 – 7 days out of a week, approximately how many kilometres would you rack up in a year?

First 180SX I bought, I was doing 1000km a week for 2 months straight, until I simply couldn't afford the fuel. I lived 3km from work at the time. Car was off the road for maybe 3 months with no tyres, cracked inner guards, or couldn't afford to drive it at the time, but in about 6 months I did 25000km.

Current 180 has done about 75km on a trailer, in 15 months.

have done over 120 thou in my 180 since i got it 5 years ago, it was my daily for 3 of those years, it only gets driven maybe once a month now tho

I averaged 500km per week in my old 180. Loved daily driving it to and from work, was a different feeling then being in the commo. The new 180 is yet to drive, but I'll try drive it as much as I legally can.

I drive my 180 everyday and put over 300 klms on it everyweek.

Also do the odd trip ( once or twice a year) to the coast ~1000klms one way

Edited by IHAVEA180

ive had my s15 for about a year, got it at 101K and now im on about 115K - daily drive.

i will do minimum 500km in a week usually around th 650-700 mark though. Only thing i regret is the car becomes less "special" when you have it everyday.

Mine spends most of it's life in the shed, or in a workshop...

i drive my s13 maybe 160k plus a day maybe more depends on work and tafe

Was having a discussion about this lastnight after I got defected;

Since August last year, I've driven just over 3,000km. And for good reason too; Im a cop magnet being low and loud so I only drive it once to twice a week on weekends.

I've used mine as a daily for the last 2 years up until the beginning of this year, covering about 10000ks pa. Loved it.

Mad love and respect to those using a 180sx or S13 as a daily! That is awesome...

Daily drove mine for a few years, averaged about 20000k's a year.

Now I drive it every other day, probably averaged 10000k's last few years.

yeah everyday, to sydney heaps too, i've put 40 000 on it in 3 and a half years, was off the road for 3 months for rust fixing.

Mine only gets 1500kms - 2000kms per year, i try to get it out every weekend but sometimes it only gets out once or twice a month.

was a daily pretty much every day until I moved closer to the city/work, now commute all week and drive on the weekends, but still try to find excuses to hit the road in the arvos , for "milk" or "eggs" :P

I used to drive mine weekends, since being defected and deregistered by the awesome nubs at transport it's only a track car now. Too scared to drive the s14 due to how much bodywork is on it. Makes me bitter every time I have to drive my daily. Over 7 f.cking years I daily drove either an s13, 180 or s14 and now confined to a f.cking xr6.

why was your car deregistered? left the defect on too long?

i daily drove my s14 for about a year, have owned it for three and a half years, been off the road for nearly two ha ha( 12 months currently, plus a few months here and there)

My 180s a daily, I'm a p plater, N/A and I ain't got cream to have 2 cars, but I love driving it as a daily

drove myne daily off an on for about 9 months but after wanting/ needing to mod things just became too hard to do it an still drive to an from work the next day

Edited by bass_rulz

i daily drove my s14 for about a year, have owned it for three and a half years, been off the road for nearly two ha ha( 12 months currently, plus a few months here and there)

Owned car 2 years, no defects, dont cut laps, not a spaz or race any street heroes, only drive car from A to B, only drive it weekends. First work outplacement ever had to take car, before lunch on the first day got a full road worthy defect notice left on car. Went to get it cleared, transport arrived and took it upon their awesome selves to check it and added another 13 defects (one such defect a petty as no rubbers on foot pedals). I rage quit.

That sucks Mandy!! I has similar story....got reamed bad. Got it all cleared and bought a daily for $300.

Now only take the S14 out once a week. I enjoy it so much more now it's not my daily.

I got the S14 with 100k and put 50k on it in 2 years and hated putting so many kms on it.

Drive mine on a daily basis, but Km's put one per year are very low...

Get public transport to uni, so only gets driven to work on a regular basis during weekends which is only about 5km's down the road...

i do 400-500 a weeek in mine. thats cause i live 40 mins from work...

Mines daily driven, rougly 500kms are put on every week cause I live 30 mins away from work.

don't really like putting so many kms on it but don't have any money to run 2 cars plus its much more fun

Owned car 2 years, no defects, dont cut laps, not a spaz or race any street heroes, only drive car from A to B, only drive it weekends. First work outplacement ever had to take car, before lunch on the first day got a full road worthy defect notice left on car. Went to get it cleared, transport arrived and took it upon their awesome selves to check it and added another 13 defects (one such defect a petty as no rubbers on foot pedals). I rage quit.

ah fuuuuu that sucks, really didn't think we had it that bad in Tas, the state of some of my cars at times lol, never even been pulled over

drive to work every day and to the beach in the weekends,has a lot of mods but looks clean thanks to a freash diy white paint job.

so drive it 7 days a week and about 250km a week.havnt been pulled over yet,also dont race on the highway,get about 2 knobs a week wanting to drag

I can't afford to run two cars at the moment, so my S13 is my daily. About 500k's a week on mine, 3/4 - 1 hour drive to work. I've left the exterior standard to help keep attention down.

about 300km/s a week, daily driver. Unless I go to the hills, in which case add another 400km or so. :)