Sign in to follow this  
B'sS13

Help s13 sr20blactop breaking down under full boost.

I'm off it!

Black top sr20det pwr fc avcr t28 71bb injectors cams tune (bigger fuel pump zings like a mo

So the car has been running sweet @ 20psi

2 hours in to a drive after boosting fine it starts to spit and coff at full boost around 5k @7psi @10 psi & worse @20psi

Other than that car runs fine. It's just had a tune up fuel filter plugs bcpr7es.

I've put another set of plugs in ....

I've replaced the coil packs .....

I've checked all the electrical plugs

I've checked all the vacume lines & cooler

Checked afm

WTF no change

So I'm thinking fuel pump but I don't have another to test and after buying coil packs this shit is going to get expensive. Id rather be certain before I throw my $$$ away

I can monitor everything on the pwr fc but I have no idea what it's ment to be at

For instance the injector duity is at 66% when it coffs n splutters under full boost (load) is this right?

What other sensors can I check and what are the specs

Help a battler out I want to spend money on hydraulic handbrakes cages adjustable arms not parts I don't need I've already run out of room in my garage :(

BCPR7ES?

I thought those plugs were for the RB.

I think the sr runs BKR7ES

Dunno if that's the problem,

But I noticed the same problem when I changed to iridiums,

Went back to bkr7es and problem went away :)

Well it was running fine on the bcpr7es after the tune up. And I thort maby I fouled the plugs from granny driving. But I put a brand new set in at it spluttered first hit.!

I'll put the irridums back in. But it won't fix it.

When I say braking down it doesn't sound like limiter and it's not revving past 5k it's poping and bouncing.

It's fine not under load revs right through

:(

hmmm... is it sorta like your clutch is slipping and disengaging feeling?

check for boost leaks, if your running a afm and have a big boost leak that would happen as the 02 sensor tries to compensate

What gap are thr plugs? Get some feeler guages and gap it down to .8 and see if anything improves.

Every one stop worrying.... The retard who owned the car before me sealed the fuel pump with coper max. The problem occurred about 40min after I filled the tank to the brim. Giving time for the copper max to soften up and block the intank fuel filter.

So the previous owner was a battler who couldn't afford a full tank of fuel among other things we won't get into...