Sign in to follow this  
RAD100

tip tig

hey all,

making my first item on a tig out of alloy.

done abit of tig at trade school now so this is my first project.

anyways, searching for tips and tricks i came across this....

http://www.tiptigusa.com/

its a automated wire feed for tig welder. just like the mig.

theres a few movies on there have a watch.

this seems to be awsome. wonder the $$$$$ but the welds come out perfect.

what do you guys think?

why do you need that? im sure you can just get by dipping the rod by hand lol..

its almost like cheating lol. thats why you admire good welds because you know how hard it is to get it so consistent etc.

its almost like cheating lol. thats why you admire good welds because you know how hard it is to get it so consistent etc.

I worked with this one Korean bloke his welds were mechanie like and he was just as quick as the robot as well

I worked with this one Korean bloke his welds were mechanie like and he was just as quick as the robot as well

I swear all the best welders are asian guys! We get heaps of them coming through our mine when we have shut downs and thier work is unbelievable! They all seem to be kinda strange though... wandering around with thier welding hoods on when they're having lunch O.o

I swear all the best welders are asian guys! We get heaps of them coming through our mine when we have shut downs and thier work is unbelievable! They all seem to be kinda strange though... wandering around with thier welding hoods on when they're having lunch O.o

bahahahhahahaha trust me i know exactly what your talking about

ive worked in the mining industrie for roughly 6 years and some of the best welders ive seen are Korean and i know what your talking about with the welding hoods in the crib huts

im soo keen to be as good as everyone here..

gotta get my welder once i start working after this course.

some of the philipinos i have seen are AMAZING. so much speed and control.