Sign in to follow this  
resistance

show us your tattoos!

Been through the toughest times of my life this year, and I'm out of most of it now.

I got some tattoos to represent what I've been through, and things I believe.

There are multiple meanings for each, but I'd be here a while if I explained them.

These pictures are from the day after I got them done.

For you illiterate *milkshakes*.. it says BALANCED

IMG_20120901_170637.jpg

IMG_20120901_170821.jpg

IMG_20120901_171335.jpg

why the 1's or 11? i saw another tat on another page with diamonds in the same spot and don't quite understand the appear of that particular spot?

why the 1's or 11? i saw another tat on another page with diamonds in the same spot and don't quite understand the appear of that particular spot?

the diamonds are mine.. i got em coz i wanted em haha, and my sleeve is going onto the top of my hand so yeah. really no point in the spot, just coz i wanted em

The significance of 11 is absolutely huge in my life. I would be here for quite a while explaining it. Everything from day to day events, to very significant times in my life (deaths of family members, for one example). But it never ends for me.

Halfway through my tatts, I also found out that this is my tattooists 11th year tattooing :P

not to mention Jimmy by Tool is an exact mirror of certain aspects of my life right now

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/jimmy-lyrics-Tool/3FF099D2ED3F4C6948256A57002C64B5

Edited by Shark

Hate when people ask "what does your tattoo mean" none of mine mean anything, I got them coz that's what I wanted

f**king hate people with tattoos that have to show them in EVERY SINGLE photo.

the sooner people realize that no one cares about their dumb tattoos the better.

have tattoos, don't have tattoos, either way i don't give a f**k.

Wondering what everyone's thoughts are on Japanese styled tattoo's. Things like Koi Fish, dragons, cherry blossom's, that sort of stuff.

Is the koi fish idea a bit overdone these days? They do seem like a popular option.

In the end a tattoo matters to the person who's body its going on, Tattoo's seem to have there stages as much as people think its still a 'personal' thing.. The popularity of the Dragon back pieces of the 90's are not so popular, Tribal pieces had there large boom, now a days you have the Koi Fish sleeve design.

If i had to get a tattoo the last thing i would want is 'popular' based on what everybody else thinks/does, and as kriss said he got what he wanted.

Ive seen a tattoo of a Koi fish being stangled by a Dragons tail, A Koi fish is sybolic in Japan a Dragon sybolic in China.. Guess the person took away the whole symbolic idea of a tatoo and for his own preference chose something he liked.

Which i thinks pretty damn awesome, even though im sure it offends people of Japan and gets people in China happy lol.

Edited by antonioシ

Hate when people ask "what does your tattoo mean" none of mine mean anything, I got them coz that's what I wanted

same kriss. i often get asked what they mean, i just reply.. i like em, so i got em..

i also get abused, being young and having them

I honestly couldn't care less for what reason people have tattoos. but i usually do ask whether they mean something to someone, as I am genuinely intrigued by these sorts of things.. as I'm sure many others are too. dont take it as a stab.

I can understand how it may get annoying for you guys after a while though if every person you came across asked you what they meant.

Edited by Shark

Me too

I go into a tattoo studio with money I look at a book of flash, I pick something a few hours later I walk out with a tattoo

That's about how much though I put into it

I have 2 that I walked in with a idea of what I wanted the rest had less than half an hours though put into them

I'm the opposite, apart from the fill on my right arm all of my tattoos mean something.

I cancelled a 7 hour session i had booked for next week for my left arm as i wasn't 100% sure on what i wanted (well, more how i wanted it). Not going to make the mistake of getting random tattoos on my arm and trying to fill them together haha

i put thought into mine, but they dont have any meanings.. well 2 do, one is my mates nickname on my lip, the other is my favourite bands album cover. thats it. my sleeve doesnt mean shit hahaha

That's kinda the probem I have

I like all my tattoos but they are all over my arms so I have to pick random shit to fill in the spaces

I'm the opposite, apart from the fill on my right arm all of my tattoos mean something.

I cancelled a 7 hour session i had booked for next week for my left arm as i wasn't 100% sure on what i wanted (well, more how i wanted it). Not going to make the mistake of getting random tattoos on my arm and trying to fill them together haha

That's kinda the probem I have

I like all my tattoos but they are all over my arms so I have to pick random shit to fill in the spaces

hahahaha!!

the diamonds are mine.. i got em coz i wanted em haha, and my sleeve is going onto the top of my hand so yeah. really no point in the spot, just coz i wanted em

The significance of 11 is absolutely huge in my life. I would be here for quite a while explaining it. Everything from day to day events, to very significant times in my life (deaths of family members, for one example). But it never ends for me.

Halfway through my tatts, I also found out that this is my tattooists 11th year tattooing tongue.png

not to mention Jimmy by Tool is an exact mirror of certain aspects of my life right now

http://www.sing365.c...8256A57002C64B5

Haha, my curiosity was more about placement than anything else. People with tattoos in serious places (like their face) have something to say. Some spots are private that they don't show anyone, so they normally that spot done just for themselves. Some people want to be showy etc. That's where my interest in the thumbs came from. I don't think I've ever seen thumbs done on their own (as in, not part of something bigger like a sleeve), so was just curious :)

Halfway through my tatts, I also found out that this is my tattooists 11th year tattooing tongue.png

Haha, my curiosity was more about placement than anything else. People with tattoos in serious places (like their face) have something to say. Some spots are private that they don't show anyone, so they normally that spot done just for themselves. Some people want to be showy etc. That's where my interest in the thumbs came from. I don't think I've ever seen thumbs done on their own (as in, not part of something bigger like a sleeve), so was just curious :)

yeah no offence to shark, hes a good mate of mine, but knuckles tatts without sleeves look silly. i know some people say they are getting one done etc, but when they just get their knuckles done with no intention of sleeves doesnt look right. sorry shark, love ya and all no hateing on you, just my opinion.

i hate face tattooes, i think they look shit, and i saw a kid, arounf my age (22) with his face donw, i was like WTF!? thats messed up

I'd love to extend sleeves into my hands/knuckles but for future career prospects it's just not an option :(.

Same with the sides of my neck.

I'd love to extend sleeves into my hands/knuckles but for future career prospects it's just not an option :(.

I could do it in the job I'm in ATM

But I couldn't commit to it, I don't know where I'll be in 5-10 years

I laugh when people ask the meaning behind my tats.

For me its not the meaning. but the story behind it... like my cloud tattoo on my calf. ill chuck a pic up and explain later.

my next sitting on my sleeve is my hand.. after that is my neck and chest... im a chef, doesnt matter what i look like since no one sees me hahaha

my next sitting on my sleeve is my hand.. after that is my neck and chest... im a chef, doesnt matter what i look like since no one sees me hahaha

I'm a chef (paid my way through uni), yes qualified and cannot wait to get out of it when i finish honors at the end of the year. Every 30+ chef i know hates it and cannot wait to get out of it (if they don't get stuck in it for life). The grass is greener on the other side!

Halfway through my tatts, I also found out that this is my tattooists 11th year tattooing :P

Haha, my curiosity was more about placement than anything else. People with tattoos in serious places (like their face) have something to say. Some spots are private that they don't show anyone, so they normally that spot done just for themselves. Some people want to be showy etc. That's where my interest in the thumbs came from. I don't think I've ever seen thumbs done on their own (as in, not part of something bigger like a sleeve), so was just curious smile.png

yeah no offence to shark, hes a good mate of mine, but knuckles tatts without sleeves look silly. i know some people say they are getting one done etc, but when they just get their knuckles done with no intention of sleeves doesnt look right. sorry shark, love ya and all no hateing on you, just my opinion.

i hate face tattooes, i think they look shit, and i saw a kid, arounf my age (22) with his face donw, i was like WTF!? thats messed up

To Pyro: I've wanted my hands done, as I think it looks good. And with what I was going through in my life, everything seemed to fit nicely when I came up with what I wanted on my hands.

I should probably take up smoking now so I can show them off more.. right? :P

Justin: I have my left inner arm done, and will get sleeves when I have the money. But I'm not gonna pick a random design. Every single one of my tattoos mean something.

For me, if a tattoo has meaning, at least later down the track it will still represent a certain point in my life. If it's just a random picture, I feel there is more chance I may change my mind about how it looks, and may regret it. I wouldn't know though, as I've never gotten something just for the 'look.' Every tattoo I have, I love more and more every day, and am thankful that I got them when I did.

I'm in the process of also designing my back piece. There's no point me waiting around just so I can get sleeves before my knuckles purely because it may look better with sleeves.

I knew what I wanted right there and then, so I wasn't gonna wait around for another few years till I have the money for sleeves aswell.

Everyone obviously has a different opinion on tattoos aswell. So I honestly couldnt give a shit what anyone thinks in terms of "having this area done looks shit if you dont have THAT area done."

Some people travel the world trying to get world famous tattooists to put random tattoos on their body JUST so they can say "this is done by 'x'."

imo, random crap tattooed everywhere like stamps look shit. To them, they may be the happiest person in the world. Good for them, it doesn't phase me.

Edited by Shark

To Pyro: I've wanted my hands done, as I think it looks good. And with what I was going through in my life, everything seemed to fit nicely when I came up with what I wanted on my hands.

I should probably take up smoking now so I can show them off more.. right? tongue.png

either that or beating people :lol:

I should probably take up smoking now so I can show them off more.. right? tongue.png

Justin: I have my left inner arm done, and will get sleeves when I have the money. But I'm not gonna pick a random design. Every single one of my tattoos mean something.

For me, if a tattoo has meaning, at least later down the track it will still represent a certain point in my life. If it's just a random picture, I feel there is more chance I may change my mind about how it looks, and may regret it. I wouldn't know though, as I've never gotten something just for the 'look.' Every tattoo I have, I love more and more every day, and am thankful that I got them when I did.

I'm in the process of also designing my back piece. There's no point me waiting around just so I can get sleeves before my knuckles purely because it may look better with sleeves.

I knew what I wanted right there and then, so I wasn't gonna wait around for another few years till I have the money for sleeves aswell.

Everyone obviously has a different opinion on tattoos aswell. So I honestly couldnt give a shit what anyone thinks in terms of "having this area done looks shit if you dont have THAT area done."

Some people travel the world trying to get world famous tattooists to put random tattoos on their body JUST so they can say "this is done by 'x'."

imo, random crap tattooed everywhere like stamps look shit. To them, they may be the happiest person in the world. Good for them, it doesn't phase me.

yeah dude, i know what you mean, like i said, i wasn't ripping shit on you, it was just my opinion, i knew you were going to get a sleeve hahaha

Chest is coloured, I also got started on the new 1/2 sleeve today. Pics coming in later;

WP_000096.jpg?t=1345305050

Still have ALOT of shading to do on that one!

Final result;

WP_000183.jpg?t=1347794783

And a painful session was worth it.

Post a pic once it's healed, looks mental.

Have to rebook my new session.

Jew4lyfe, don't want to spend money but want tattoos.

Jew4lyfe, don't want to spend money but want tattoos.

this sums me up.

im spending too much on tatts and not enough on building my car

I have around 100 hours of tattoos conjured up with various artists, could blow aaaaaaalllllooooooootttttt of coin, but i feel dirty each time i touch my savings.

Will keep putting money away each week lol.