Sign in to follow this  
Damit

Dayz - Zombie Wasteland Survival - Arma 2 Mod

Standalone, y u no out yet? stopped playing the mod due to hacks n shite...

some decent pics released for the standalone - http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/

Edited by koguchi

Been playing again....in process of getting "whitelisted" on balotabuddies.net servers... should make it better. Still hackers in the general pop though but not sure if its any worse... just consistant.

I'm tempted to get WarZ but all I see are bad reviews and people going ape about how bad it has ripped off DayZ, however the youtube vids don't look *that* bad...

I'm tempted to get WarZ but all I see are bad reviews and people going ape about how bad it has ripped off DayZ, however the youtube vids don't look *that* bad...

it is bad and all the shit the devs were pulling steam even pulled the game and offered refunds

Iv been reading through forums, checking out their changelogs and trying to get as much info as possible to see where the game currently sits.

It seems like they are trying to fix a lot of things people were pissed with, eg the 100 player servers are now up, they fixed the weapon spawns and what not...the changelog suggests graphical changes to make it better...going through youtube vids uploaded today now for my final suss to see if i will get it.

Have you played it?

meh i bought it...$15 wont kill me, then i can give a mini review in comparrison to dayz..

at the very least it should tide me over untill dayz standalone is released.

Edited by koguchi

played for about 3 hours so far..

first impressions, seems to be a bit better than DayZ Mod, bit more polished, is an actual game so it should be.

Overall, for $15 I didnt expect much, its nothing like the big name games, far cheaper in construction all round..from what I can see, if DayZ standalone is meant to be way better than this, then I am super excited for it.

so i found arma 2 CO for sale at eb today and i bought it, installed it.

Problems so far, steam does not recognise the game, when i go to register the cd key on steam it says wrong type.

I downloaded the 700mb v1.60 patch for arma 2 arrowhead..... and it was a corrupt and bad file.... shit took 3 hours to d/l too.

Now trying to download through the arma 2 website, found a random working link to arma 2, all other links were broken.

bah this is going to be a long ass night to try and get this game working....

And i bet no one on here plays anymore either......

no god dam it im committing! i already bought it! im gonna get it to work!

got working patch for 1.60.

everyone running 1.62 but i heard its bugged? or was that fixed? should i D/L 1.62 for arma?

no stick with combined ops not just for dayz but wasteland and just arma as a game - it is one of the best games available and has the largest modding community

also the non steam version of the game isn't designed to be linked to steam thats why it didn't work

with patches etc get from arma2.com or armaholic.com

1.62 will be required for almost every server - it would be vary rare to find an older version running - and there are beta patches available will need for dayz and are backwards compatible with older versions so always run the latest - http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Edited by Damit

all good man i think i got it working, i got in a new zealand server, had no idea what controls were, and it was pitch black, so ill give it ago tomorrow after work. what server do you guys play? and are you all through steam? how do you all find what servers to connect to?

I still use sixlauncher but apparently playwithsix and dayz commander are good. Balota buddies weapons+ server is decent, start with a pistol and heaps of guns around....means its a bit more pvp but gives you a good taste for how to stay alive

Honestly guys wait for DayZ stand alone. I still play WarZ but basically the game is broken and it is just 100% PVP.

There are more weapons now but the zombies can still hit you from 6 feet away, there is no VOIP still; so it is next to impossible to have any kind of interaction with another player that doesn't end in bloodshed. Which IMO makes the game much less enjoyable as half the fun is getting into groups and go looting, but everyone just wants to kill you and take your shit.

They have released a new weight system so essentially now you can't carry sweet f**k all. Basically one primary, one secondary and a melee with a few meds and cosmetic shit. With a larger backpack you might be able to carry one extra Primary OR Secondary. But basically getting much loot now is next to impossible.

And all the loot seems to be the same, there is basically only 4 or 5 decent places to go to get decent rifles and ammo and armour is almost impossible to find now. The loot also seems to be the same, it is always the same hats, always the same weapons really there isn't much to actually find I guess that is why people love PVP so much.

They have also slowed the melee speed down a little which makes it difficult to kill Zd's.

But by far the worst part is the amount of hacks that have now arrived. It seems like 1 in 5 or 6 are hacking which is ruining the game and the devs don't seem to give a shit.

I'd say if you don't already have DayZ although it is an EPIC game I wouldn't shell out the $30 or so for Arma 2 just wait for stand alone which looks like it will be pretty outstanding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7Q8c8jnL3s

http://youtu.be/W8xcv51C2ug

Edited by Shakey Bones

Well the standalone is out! Still pretty buggy but heaps better than the mod. Having heaps of fun playing with a few mates... managed to handcuff someone, have them remove all thier clothes and force feed them disinfectant the other day :P

wow! where can i buy it? i played the mod for awhile, then got over it, and since formatted my computer. Maybe its time to buy a new game.

What is the differences compared to the mod? Whats still buggy about it? perhaps i should wait awhile till it all gets smoothed out.

Rudolf.

search steam for dayz alpha...

...check some youtube vids first...theres only a m4, mosin nagent rifle, pistol and a half dozen melee weapons as yet...

search steam for dayz alpha...

...check some youtube vids first...theres only a m4, mosin nagent rifle, pistol and a half dozen melee weapons as yet...

It's in steam main page, has been since the sales have ended.

yeah just watched 3 hours of video's, ill need to re install steam, formatted computer and haven't re installed yet.

looks ok, seems to be just as much of a pain to use items in backpack, just like the mod.

Watched a video of a guy trying to figure out blood transfusion with someone, honestly about 9-10 minutes of them trying to work it out, then wrong blood type guy got killed... :hammer:

Yeah its still alpha so if youre easily frustrated give it a miss.... im still having heaps of fun with it tho

Yeah its still alpha so if youre easily frustrated give it a miss.... im still having heaps of fun with it tho

Yeah the mod is still where its at for now until they release more updates, although I have been finding it good to run around at the moment in the low pop servers just checking out the new map layout and buildings etc...