Sign in to follow this  
RyanNK

Camera + Tripod + Moon

http://www.news.com....c-1226344558966

Ive seen some good photos of the moon posted on these forums. Never actually tried to photograph it personally but apparently if it is a nice afternoon this Sunday its going to be the best day for it so get your tripods and cameras ready! If you have any hints or tips for photographing the moon maybe you could share the details in this thread!

Edited by RyanNK

Remember the moon is the brightest object in the sky. You don't need long shutter speeds. Up to 200mm focal length you should be able to hand held the shot.

Dont be afraid to do 100% crops of the images. Unless you have like a 600mm-1200mm focal lenght where you can fill up the whole image.

Some of my moon shots done few years ago:

IMG_3374_resize.jpg

IMG_9036_sig.jpg

damn man awsome pics, did you get any of the supermoon last staurday??

Nah I was working all weekend. Plus these days my longest focal length is only 135L on full frame. I think the above shots were taken with 70-200 on crop sensor.

Did you get any?

NOPE i missed it as well as i had a birthday function i had to cover. totall forgot about it. someone here must have got it for sure...

cheers

there amazing......what sort of aperture and shutter speed, ISO combos are people running for these shots??

This was taken with my Canon PowerShot SX40 HS, had to downgrade the quality of the picture in order to upload. <_>

IMG_0394.JPG

This was taken with my Canon PowerShot SX40 HS, had to downgrade the quality of the picture in order to upload. <_>

IMG_0394.JPG

How can I upload pictures of more than 2MB??

upload them somewhere else like flickr, photobucket or imageshack etc then link them in your post

Edited by bike19

Sign in to follow this