Sign in to follow this  
KENut

Jun 17 IDA day Wakey

Yup yup, so this is coming up shortly, who's planning on being there?

Plan to be there, have registered & paid for extra incentive to get the car sorted.

Yep,

Down like a clown.

Should have my steering sorted out by then and some new subframe spacers for the rear aswell as some other new goodies.

I'll be there if im not in the USA for work. I'm not sure what the dates are for that yet or if its going ahead.

Awesometown. What spacers are you getting Moose? I was thinking of getting risers for mine cos the alignment is poo... but not 100% sure yet.

Awesometown. What spacers are you getting Moose? I was thinking of getting risers for mine cos the alignment is poo... but not 100% sure yet.

I found subframe has been flopping all over the place like a fat woman on her back. Subframe has also been hitting the chassis.

I looked at pineapples, solid c collars and solid brass replacement inserts. Noting the car is also my daily I though solid c collars or solid mounts would be too harsh. Ended up going with a set of superpro subframe collars. They are nolathane and some where inbetween pineapples and c collars. Only down side is you need to drop the subframe to install. Pretty sure hipcrostino runs them aswell.

Confirmed I'll be in the US of A that weekend for work. I'd rather drift at wakefield.......

I will pay next week.. Any idea of how many places left?

I will pay next week.. Any idea of how many places left?

No idea, however I saw a post saying that they would advise if it was full. So I assume there are still places left.

nice, should be a few us out there.

Steering rack has been sent to sydney to get rebuilt so car should be runnign better this time. Fingers crossed my clutch lasts the day out.

Hopefully my new rack will be nice smooth, firm and precise and not so floppy.....

No money to drive so I'll just come out and watch this time :(

Might be putting the onevia in. Not sure yet

Do it,

IDA day is a great way to just get out there try a few things and learn

Yeah do it Bren. Best not to think about it too much, just pay for it and then you're committed.

Brennan comes from a Rally background, I think??? Was doing alright when he was out there at Wakefield last time. Just chuck a R31 or R32 box in and run it dead.

Hopefully my new rack will be nice smooth, firm and precise and not so floppy.....

So it turns out, steering rack was bent, teeth worn out and has heavy pitting on the shaft. Beyond repair, plan b, reco rack.

Are there reco racks readily available? Top effort too, drift hard.

Are there reco racks readily available? Top effort too, drift hard.

I am getting it done through Active power steering and suspension a mob in Sydney, they have a small distribution hub in queanbeyan. I was lucky they were able to source another rack in better condition so they are overhaulling it for me. Should be here next week.

Should be here before the 15th of June but am not holding my breath. If they get here in time and I can get a proper alignment, I'll chuck them in too.