Sign in to follow this  
KENut

Jun 17 IDA day Wakey

wow about that rack. Should be a different car when you get the new one in.

Brennan comes from a Rally background, I think??? Was doing alright when he was out there at Wakefield last time. Just chuck a R31 or R32 box in and run it dead.

Yeah we had a suposed "built" rb20 box and it lasted 12 laps if that... We will see how we go. But i come from a circuit backround not drift ir rally its mainly paul who is the driver but i do try to get out there when i can

looks like steve is out for the IDA day. I need a new inlet cam and I go OS next weekend for 2 weeks. I won't have time to change it before IDA.

mx5 + bum drives or something :)

No stockies for the mx5. :( plus it would probably explode, its pretty clapped out.

Steering rack is in and a million times better, Castor arms should be here monday/tuesday so will be going in with the rear subframe bushes sometime this week, all she needs is a wheel alignment and I will be good to go. Who is still going (driving wise) ?

Yeah I'm still driving. My list of stuff to do is as follows

lower front end

wheel alignment

fit fire extinguisher

fit harness

put in a few nuts & bolts on certain things

tow stickers & battery sticker

remove grime from inside windows, apply rain-X

I'm driving. First time at wakefield :/

Yeah I'm still driving. My list of stuff to do is as follows

lower front end

wheel alignment

fit fire extinguisher

fit harness

put in a few nuts & bolts on certain things

tow stickers & battery sticker

remove grime from inside windows, apply rain-X

My list is pretty similar;

Lower

Wheel align

Fit fire extinguisher

battery sticker

castor rods (also waiting on these)

S15 diff install

Install braces

Buy an intial D soundtrack CD or similar

"Buy an intial D soundtrack CD or similar "

Love it. Better work on that clutch kicking action as well! DE powera!

"Buy an intial D soundtrack CD or similar "

Love it. Better work on that clutch kicking action as well! DE powera!

How about "drift Bible" on audio book, playing through a set of headphones....

Maybe I'll dress like keiichi tsuchiya and be done with it. Should be able to imitate his style easy enough :P

So bummed I'm going to miss that thing on the track Bart. :(

My diff might arrive this week though.

So bummed I'm going to miss that thing on the track Bart. :(

I got a set of stock cams you could use, but then you would need a tune. Let me know if you are interested.

Eh, it'll be failtasitic anyway, both beause of the car and my driving :P. Sucks bad that your car is shagged Paul, after doing everything properly lol.

Was going to do the diff conversion today but can't get the tailshaft bolts undone (bent one of my good tools getting the s15 one off the new diff too :( )

So looks like I'll try to do skids with the current ghey diff.

Other than that I'm basically ready to rock woo!

So bummed I'm going to miss that thing on the track Bart. sad.png

I got a set of stock cams you could use, but then you would need a tune. Let me know if you are interested.

I still have my stock cams too. Replacement cam is ordered but as always its a waiting game. even if i wanted to, i won't have time to do the cam change before I go OS. The car still drives at the moment, i'd just rather not until its fixed.

Castor arms are in, sub frame pineapple bushes in. Car feels really different. A lot stiffer in the back more accurate in the front. Booked in for a wheel alignment tomorrow then she'll he ready to go next weekend. Can't wait to take her out for a slide next weekend. Also installed some of the gktech hand brake helpers. Locks up with so little effort now.

Sounds very good mate. Where are you getting the alignment done? How much camber/castor?

I am pulling my gearbox out again tomorrow, then have to fix it / have it fixed during the week :/ if not, I'll probably put it in anyway and give it a decent go.

I run 2.5 degrees camber in the front which is pretty much max on the camber tops. I have no idea about castor. I have set it up for max castor and will probably just get them to adjust it even.

I assume we both got gktech castor arms Seb? They had dick all adjustment over the standard ones (~2mm difference), dissappoint. Offset insert helped though.

When I can be bothered taking out the tub liners and doing the wire tuck Ima modify mine for more adjustment.

I assume we both got gktech castor arms Seb? They had dick all adjustment over the standard ones (~2mm difference), dissappoint. Offset insert helped though.

When I can be bothered taking out the tub liners and doing the wire tuck Ima modify mine for more adjustment.

Yep found the same thing. I got a bit more than 2mm more like 5mm. I found i had to screw the nut on the bush end and compress the rubber cover to get max adjustment. Still that made a huge difference in wheel position, moved if forward by like 3-5 cm, wheel sits completly different in the wheel arch and now rubs in different points on the tub liners but now doesn't rub on the chassis rail. From memory stock castor in my car about 5.5 degrees so will be intersting to see what it ends up with at max castor. I'll let you know.

I must admit I was very impressed with the quality of the arms.

What "the_moose" said, there's about 5mm's of adjustment which will get you absolutely as far forward as you'll ever want to go.

The dust cover is a little deceiving as it covers about 5mm's of thread.

Greg

Yeah quality is good, I like that they have dust covers.

Mine are maxed out completely, and only just touch the liner in 1 spot. My alignment is currently unmeasured, but still feels quite tame (personal preference to some degree)

Mine are maxed out completely, and only just touch the liner in 1 spot. My alignment is currently unmeasured, but still feels quite tame (personal preference to some degree)

Are you running them in conjunction with the offset inserts?

Yeah he said earlier he was.

Yeah he said earlier he was.

Let me know how you go getting the wheel alignment (ie. how much castor you're running).

Forecast for Sunday, a top of 9 degrees and early rain.... Sounds great.....

If it's wet maybe my gearbox will be happier.

Good point, I am hoping my clutch lasts. Only downside is that wakefield is like ice when it is really wet.

Crap! that means they'll probably run the short track more, i really wanted too have a go at that :(