Sign in to follow this  
hipcrostino

Where do people get their tyres?

Hi all,

I'm just looking around for new tyres at the moment and thought it would be good for people to list where they get their tyres.

I was thinking if people could provide the name, phone number and brand of tyres they sell if known(no need for price or sizes). Brands can help if your looking for a particular tyre.

ACT / Queanbeyan specific of course.

Normally I get mine from:

Place: Tyres and More in Fyshwick,

Phone: 6280 5906

Brand: Yokohamas (they sell others, don't know what though)

As I said, normally I get them there, but I'm thinking of shopping around this time.

Pfft... I hardly see how that is relevant considering tirerack delivers anywhere and shits all over local prices.

I did write a long post in response to your comment but it's probably better if I respond with fewer words.

He asked for local prices and tirerack is not always cheaper.

I got 8 Achilles ATR 235/45/17 for $90 per tyre delivered from the wheel deal in Melb. Better than anything local.

I get achillies atm from jacks in belco around 110 a tyre isnt to bad thats for 215 to 245 /40r18's.

easy for me as i work down the road and can pick them up saves me hassles ect..

Also apparently they changed the sports tire tread/sidewall anyone purchased any in the last fortnight with the new patern?

Edited by NickStoyaa

Tirerack is cheap, but after postage they tend to turn out the same or more for the tires I would order. Usually >$1k in tires alone.

I get Federals at wholesale price and in my opinion there better than Achillies.

If anyone is interested in prices PM me.

I get Federals at wholesale price and in my opinion there better than Achillies.

I tried Federals for a while they do perform slighly better but wear out a hell of a lot quicker i only bought 1 pair tho. I was paying 165 each for 225/40r18

I tried Federals for a while they do perform slighly better but wear out a hell of a lot quicker i only bought 1 pair tho. I was paying 165 each for 225/40r18

Fair enough, $165 is real cheap for 595 in that size where did you get them from?

Fair enough, $165 is real cheap for 595 in that size where did you get them from?

I got mine for about that much after postage from Option 1 Garage in Brisbane, but in 17's. I can't find the email with the pricing before postage they sent me, but they apparently have more tyres than they list on their site, you just gotta ask.

Does anybody have a good place to get your own tyres fitted and balanced (i.e. BYO tyres), a place that particularly won't complain about stretch?

Edited by _R_J_K_

Depends how much stretch? Little stretch most places will do, but it gets to a stage where you need a bead blaster, that's when people get crabby as not many 'regular' workshops have them.

I take mine to vince at injektd.... yes i know its injektd but im good friends with vince and he charges me $5 a fitting and will try fit any tire on for you he has the big elephant trunk thing and all the slimey stuff to fit them on. not sure how much he would do other peoples tires for tho.

Depends how much stretch? Little stretch most places will do, but it gets to a stage where you need a bead blaster, that's when people get crabby as not many 'regular' workshops have them.

Tyre Power in Tuggers had bit of a whinge when I asked them to put 225/45/17's on a 9.5 rim. Also had a whinge when I bought my own Federals. The owner usally is a bad mood, but some of the other fitters are okay, I told the young one who owns the R32 to come out to a Friday meet last time I was there.

I get mine from work, since I work for a tyre wholesaler, at cost ftw

Doesn't help the rest of us though does it...... or does it???

Unless he can hook us up with a group buy?

Unfortunately I can't, but your best bet in the ACT will be either Jax Belconnen or Tyres & More Fyshwick.

Jut a heads up guys we are opening a workshop for those who arent already up to date, we will be stocking tyres and fitting them as well as other car work. Pm for details