Sign in to follow this  
ChiefStudly

Supplement Reviews

I can do a write up on what through essential vitamins/phytonutrients/metals actually Do in the body and what not if people want?

If you are going to do it i would certainly read it.

I've also started taking eaa's, bcaa's and l-glutamine, still not sure if it's actually having an effect or juat me thinking it is, but i seem to notice a difference.

Also looking at trying the carb backloading diet, curoous if it will work for me, otherwise I'll just go a more traditional style

I never used to taken any supplements until about 18 months ago when I decided to take things more seriously to see how my body would react. Honstly I don't feel any different, but I don't think their purpose is to make you feel different or alert like caffeine.

It's more to make sure your body is getting everything it needs. So to feel in the gaps where your diet may be lacking. Things like fish oil and magnesium are more for blood pressure and to help you long term.

I can do a write up on what through essential vitamins/phytonutrients/metals actually Do in the body and what not if people want?

That'd be good as , on another note , got my first lot of orange triad today , whats with the "this product contains chemicals known to cause cancer" ? blurb ..

^^^^^^^

This was my email to them;

Hi,

I have been using Orange Triad for a little while. The results have been encouraging.

However when I was recommending the product to a friend, he brought my attention to the 'warning' on the back of the bottle. It said 'This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer'.....!!!!!

To say I was alarmed was a massive understatement.

Can you explain this statement and specifically advise which chemicals are known to cause cancer?

If they are known to cause cancer, why include them in your product?

Why should I continue to use this product?

Regards,

John

This was their response

HI,

Thanks for the email. this is a general proposition 65 warning (it is found on all of our products and many other supplements and consumer products that are sold in California) that is there for California. California has a law on their books that is much more strict than the federal laws. Proposition 65 governs 800 different chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer or reproductive harm. Many of these chemicals don’t have testing standards, so any company who wants to avoid potential future litigation in the state of California is forced to put this warning on their product. The law is very strict and even an organic peach would have greater than the allowable amount of lead, therefore places like fresh food markets, coffee shops, etc all have this warning posted in the state of California.

Thanks,

Controlled Labs

^Interesting. Never noticed that before.

^^^^^^^

This was my email to them;

Hi,

I have been using Orange Triad for a little while. The results have been encouraging.

However when I was recommending the product to a friend, he brought my attention to the 'warning' on the back of the bottle. It said 'This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer'.....!!!!!

To say I was alarmed was a massive understatement.

Can you explain this statement and specifically advise which chemicals are known to cause cancer?

If they are known to cause cancer, why include them in your product?

Why should I continue to use this product?

Regards,

John

This was their response

HI,

Thanks for the email. this is a general proposition 65 warning (it is found on all of our products and many other supplements and consumer products that are sold in California) that is there for California. California has a law on their books that is much more strict than the federal laws. Proposition 65 governs 800 different chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer or reproductive harm. Many of these chemicals don’t have testing standards, so any company who wants to avoid potential future litigation in the state of California is forced to put this warning on their product. The law is very strict and even an organic peach would have greater than the allowable amount of lead, therefore places like fresh food markets, coffee shops, etc all have this warning posted in the state of California.

Thanks,

Controlled Labs

what chemicals are in it?

They didn't say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't replied to them.

I understand their response to mean that the laws in California are so strict that 800 different chemicals are listed to cause cancer (ie too many to list) and as such they only put this warning on the label to avoid any possible litigation.

I must admit I have not taken the full dosage since and I'm not sure if I will reorder.

I think it refers to stuff like chromium , molybdenum , magnesium etc , which at high doses I would assume wouldn't be to good for your health .

I'm guessing it's fine to take, otherwise it wouldn't of been allowed through into Australia

Still pretty scary lol

Edited by Wrexy

I just looked at my orange triad tub and I don't have that warning label anywhere.

Just mentions about containing shellfish and beef derived ingredients so you have to consult a doctor if you have prior high blood pressure conditions.

ordered some more protein from Bulk N.

only going to take protein and pre workout from now on... other shits too costly and i see no difference

I'm guessing it's fine to take, otherwise it wouldn't of been allowed through into Australia

Still pretty scary lol

Like cigarettes?

Once again, thanks for the bulk nutrients suggestion guys.

The banana flavour tastes like Big M! yummmm

And at 26.9g protein I think of 30g it's great!

Best flavour

I just bought the Bulk Nutrients WPC chocolate for the first time. Previously was using their WPI chocolate.

The WPC has less protein per 30g, 23.x versus 26.x for WPI and it also has more fat and carbs although its still very low compared to alot of others out there. However it is $50 cheaper when purchasing 5kg compared to WPI.

It definitely is a lot thicker when mixed and you need to shake it a lot to make sure there's no clumps which there still is sometimes which sucks, I hate that so much! So definitely does not mix aswell as the WPI.

Taste is OK. I dont find either taste of the chocoloate BN proteins to be anything great. They are drinkable and dont taste bad but its not something you actually enjoy.

Next time I will get the WPI as despite the extra cost, it mixes so much easier with no clumps, is easier to drink (not as thick) and has more protetin and less carb and fats. However if you can put up with those small things, you can save yourself $50!!!!

Next I'm going to find a fruit flavor protein shake. If I have to drink one more vanilla or chocolate shake I might throw it up

Just tried JACK3D.

Never used a pre-workout before, but I do alot of physical work with my job (lifting large amounts of heavy steel etc), so I thought it'd be good on the day's I'm feeling a little flat and worn out before I hit the gym.

1scoop. Once I got into it, it let me dig that little bit deeper for a few more reps, or lift more weight without getting as worn out. Made me feel abit 'pumped' and 'energised' like I was ready to smash some weights.

I think this could be useful. I can see how people enjoy their workouts more using it.. just gives you that boost right when you need one.

Definitely not a 'placebo.'

Also just bought ON - Serious Mass (chocolate). 2scoop serve. 50g protein, 250g carbs. Just what I need.

Tastes pretty crappy compared to any other ON protein product. Mixes well. Lets see how it goes.

Edited by Shark

Just tried JACK3D.

Are you 'sure' it wasn't a placebo? :P

Glad to hear it worked. Not just wait till you get used to it and start taking 2 to 3 scoops. Then you'll become addicted to the shit!!!!

Next I'm going to find a fruit flavor protein shake. If I have to drink one more vanilla or chocolate shake I might throw it up

We sell mango and choc-coconut at Ptc, farkin tasty!

I just bought the Bulk Nutrients WPC chocolate for the first time. Previously was using their WPI chocolate.

The WPC has less protein per 30g, 23.x versus 26.x for WPI and it also has more fat and carbs although its still very low compared to alot of others out there. However it is $50 cheaper when purchasing 5kg compared to WPI.

It definitely is a lot thicker when mixed and you need to shake it a lot to make sure there's no clumps which there still is sometimes which sucks, I hate that so much! So definitely does not mix aswell as the WPI.

Taste is OK. I dont find either taste of the chocoloate BN proteins to be anything great. They are drinkable and dont taste bad but its not something you actually enjoy.

Next time I will get the WPI as despite the extra cost, it mixes so much easier with no clumps, is easier to drink (not as thick) and has more protetin and less carb and fats. However if you can put up with those small things, you can save yourself $50!!!!

do you use the spring in your shaker ?

Just tried JACK3D.

Are you 'sure' it wasn't a placebo? tongue.png

Glad to hear it worked. Not just wait till you get used to it and start taking 2 to 3 scoops. Then you'll become addicted to the shit!!!!

Did that :(

Up to 2 full scoops in 2 weeks.

Finished one tub and opened another flavour and seems to have worked better.

Seen a few people say that alternating flavours helps it kick if used to it but not sure how that'd work.

Yes, alternating flavours does work.

Spring water? No, why? I just use refrigerated tap water or filtered water from a dispenser.

LOL :lol:

Damn for some reason I thought he wrote spring water!!!!!!!!

Yes I do!!!! You have to shake the damn thing for ever and then its not too bad!

Wouldn't mind trying that!!

Is there a online store?

Wouldn't mind trying that!!

Is there a online store?

http://ptcbrisbane.com

far left "ptc shop"

It has whats in stock..... Mango is in WPI and WPC

$10 express postage :)

To all of those who are lactose intolerant or want to cut out shitty dairy offcuts :P i have the thing for you.

It's a pea protein isolate, 24g of protein per serve, 0 carbs and is absorbed and digested much easier than WPI.

Let me know if you want a try some, will find out exact prices and what not when i get the chance.