Sign in to follow this  
The New Guy

Red goes faster 180SX UPDATE - 250kw, E85, Poncams

I'm running an internal gated 3071R and for better boost control I ported the hole behind the wastegate flap and the path leading to it. It worked quite well.

I won't be going external gate unless I go a bigger turbo now.

By any chance do you have a diagram?

Very nice results bro.

Interested to see how close those injectors were to maxing??

Nah I didn't use the 740. I got ID1000 instead.

Do you mind If I ask you about cost inclusing install? I think I'm going to do the same. Do you have any photos of how the top feed looks? I want it to look stealth so it will still pass RWC if you ever want to sell etc.

Btw what fuel pump have you got?

Thanks mate. :)

Pump is a Walbro 416LPH e85 pump.

Below is a picture of the fuel rail. It's not quite stealthy but at least it's not bright purple or bright blue. This one is more of a dark blue and yeah they foul my strut brace hehe.

241383_10151215220570152_1840596862_o.jpg

Hmm I think black would be MORE ideal. Doesn't look too bad though. Anyone sell these rails in black? I'm one of those "black engine bay master" obsessed people.

post-8969-0-91424300-1346889934_thumb.jpg

Edited by s15rocket

I don't have a diagram but I had a couple of photos of what I did. Basically I ported the hole behind the wastegate flap. You have to be careful not to go too far though. I also ported out the housing to allow better flow to the wastegate hole.

P1000916.JPG

P1000917.JPG

I was led to believe the fix for the Garrett 2871 was a HKS Actuator found in the GTRS, they can be had fit under $150.

If its loosing boost pressure I doubt you will need to port as that's a fix for when your boost is spiking and it can't bleed enough exhaust gasses out the hole to control.

I was led to believe the fix for the Garrett 2871 was a HKS Actuator found in the GTRS, they can be had fit under $150.

If its loosing boost pressure I doubt you will need to port as that's a fix for when your boost is spiking and it can't bleed enough exhaust gasses out the hole to control.

2871R actuator works fine on my 3071R with 23 psi.

Sorry I didn't clarify, I did that modification for better boost control as it was spiking up to 26psi when I wanted only 23psi.

Sorry I didn't clarify, I did that modification for better boost control as it was spiking up to 26psi when I wanted only 23psi.

Now that your going e85 i hope you up the boost

I don't have a diagram but I had a couple of photos of what I did. Basically I ported the hole behind the wastegate flap. You have to be careful not to go too far though. I also ported out the housing to allow better flow to the wastegate hole.

Ah yeah. I see what you're doing there. Very nice.

Thanks. I will change to this actuator soon.

Now that your going e85 i hope you up the boost

I learn something new today about how to fix boost spike. Thanks fellas.

Edited by The New Guy

I just noticed something about your top feed rail kit. I noticed its too high to now fit your strut brace?? Is this case with all top feed set ups?? Man that sucks.....Is there any way around this??

I just noticed something about your top feed rail kit. I noticed its too high to now fit your strut brace?? Is this case with all top feed set ups?? Man that sucks.....Is there any way around this??

Strut brace clears the fuel Rail

IMG_05771.jpg

Yeah my strut do clear the rail but only just by s few mm. The one stre180 shows clears a bit better than mine so it might come down the the design of the strut brace.

But strut braces are so cheap now a days that it shouldn't be an issue. I'm thinking of welding an extension to lift my original strut brace up a few cm. it's a cheap alternative man.

Thanks for the reply Stre180. Been busy at work today so just saw this just now.

Had some time this today to do some work on the car, and it was getting a bit dark so I thought I'd took a picture on my iphone with a work light pointed at the engine to give some focal point and some illumination.

Canon Pictures 656.jpg

As for the strut brace issue, I went to bunnings and got some springloaded washers to go on the camber tops. This lifts the strut bar up about 2-3mm. Problem solve. :thumb:

If u are still after an actuato, Stao at Hypergear sells them for a great price, and he can pretty much do whatever psi rating you want.

I got mine off him at the start of the year. From memory he stocks 14psi, 18psi, 22psi etc.

If u are still after an actuato, Stao at Hypergear sells them for a great price, and he can pretty much do whatever psi rating you want.

I got mine off him at the start of the year. From memory he stocks 14psi, 18psi, 22psi etc.

oh man 18psi sounds goood.

How do I get in touch with him?

something arrived at my door today. I think it's love mate hahahahaha.

Canon Pictures 698.jpg

Meister 18x10 + 18 :bringiton: :bringiton: :bringiton: :bringiton: :bringiton: :bringiton: :bringiton:

Also I thought I chuck a little celebration in it while I'm uploading the pic :lol:

Canon Pictures 699.jpg

Good stuff. When are they going on the car?

Hopefully in a couple of weeks. Rim sticks out quite a bit so it would need to have a lot of negative camber and maybe a bit of a pull of the rear guard.

How did you managed to fit yours? If I remember you have some pretty big rims on the rear also right.

9.5" +38, I just rolled the rears, you've got a bit more work to do than me though. I can fit the 10" + 38 without a problem though. I think I rolled them 30-40mm

Running massive camber to fit wheels gets old real quick. Mine is for circuit so alignment is priority.

I'm the sort of person that once something is in my procession I just have to get it done asap, which is a bad or good thing which ever way you want to look at it. So the rims arrived yesterday and all night shit was going through my head what to to about it and today I couldn't resist but book in with OTR motorworks to get the tyres on the old rims to the Meisters. It turned out really well thanks OTR.

So got the tyres abd rims home and did some initial camber adjustments at this stage to make it fit. Atm it's not perfect so might need some guard pulling but all in all it's fits ok and don't rub that much.

I just love polished dish on red. It had been one of my fav look ever since I saw a old 1968 Camaro SS with red paint and polished rims I knew that's what I want my car to look like.

Here are some pics.

Canon Pictures 738.jpg

Canon Pictures 737.jpg

Canon Pictures 733.jpg

Canon Pictures 726.jpg

Canon Pictures 719.jpg

Canon Pictures 727.jpg

These aren't very good pics of it since I just wanted some light and drove to the car wash to get a better view of it.

Now I need to wash it and give the car some detailing hehe.

Put the Meister next to my Volvo and I had a moment there when I wanted to see what it would look like on a SUV ^_^

meister.jpg

My 3 yr old loves the new rims :lol:

Canon Pictures 759 copy.jpg

new rims look sweet, car would look tops with skirts and rear pods

Looks like they stick out a little bit. Any legality issues there?

I'd love fatter tires but I don't want to go the whole flared guard route to keep it legal coz that looks ugly.

new rims look sweet, car would look tops with skirts and rear pods

That's the plan but can't seems to fins the parts for decent price. People and wreckers are asking for ridiculous amount of money for type x skirts and pods.

Looks like they stick out a little bit. Any legality issues there?

I'd love fatter tires but I don't want to go the whole flared guard route to keep it legal coz that looks ugly.

Lol. Well lets hope the officer had a good day before he sees the rims hahaha.

Flared guards are pretty cool IMO if it's not too wildly flared. If you worry about the rims popping out maybe a slightly less aggressive offset with suits your application ie + 30 or + 22 depending on the width of the rim.

Just testing some instagram images.

30B12F59-4546-45D1-97D4-9A1393997B31-4896-000005131586E285.jpg?t=1349770403

F72D14DF-DBB2-43E0-B88A-4A1C96149325-4896-000005132993A0DF.jpg?t=1349770416

Took some quick shots since it's sunny today.

CanonIxus332.jpg?t=1350288157

CanonIxus330.jpg

Took out the aftermarket shift knob I had and replaced it with this rather nice looking stock item. I have to say it feels a lot better stock.

CanonIxus334.jpg

Car is lookin sweet :)

How is it running now?

Btw did you get a pump 98 tune as well as e85? I was thinking of getting a dual tune and just putting the pump 98 tune on USB stick and using PFC datalogit to upload that map when I need it. Not entirely sure if its that easy :S but sounds plausible and I can't see why it cant be done.

Oh and something else why didn't the guys at chequered tuning up the boost since ur running e85? 19psi seems low. A 2871r is efficient right up to about 27psi isn't it? And since ur running e85 and not pump fuel you should be able to up the boost safely If I'm not mistaken?? A little more boost and you should be into 260rwkw easily!

Edited by s15rocket

Car is lookin sweet :)

How is it running now?

Btw did you get a pump 98 tune as well as e85? I was thinking of getting a dual tune and just putting the pump 98 tune on USB stick and using PFC datalogit to upload that map when I need it. Not entirely sure if its that easy :S but sounds plausible and I can't see why it cant be done.

Oh and something else why didn't the guys at chequered tuning up the boost since ur running e85? 19psi seems low. A 2871r is efficient right up to about 27psi isn't it? And since ur running e85 and not pump fuel you should be able to up the boost safely If I'm not mistaken?? A little more boost and you should be into 260rwkw easily!

Car is sweet. Runs smooth. I just tuned it on e85 only as I don't drive it much these days so getting e85 is no problems as there are 3 places that I can get them from (Blackburn on Middlebourough rd. Balwyn on Balwyn rd I think and on on Nicholson st in the city when ever I head up that way. I'm pretty happy with the power it's putting out at the moment, I just have to have a bit more experience with it before I need more powoahhh lol.

Added some R33 GTR seat the other day. I got lucky and score these with red stitching as it matches the colour of my car perfectly.

CanonEOS40D514_zpsf4185b83.jpg

CanonEOS40D515_zpsfba4cc15.jpg