Sign in to follow this  
BOZZY

bozzys 4 door R32

the short story of how i came to own the 32

bought a white ca auto sil, did sr/5 speed conversion etc. dailied it, drifted it, had fun, got over the sr, bought a rb, a while later after it ran out of rego i sold the shell. bought black sil with intention of putting the rb in it after regoing it, spent way to much money getting the ca going, had many issues with black sil, picked up r32 4 door with a friend last week. he bought it to pinch parts off for his, decided it was to tidy to part out so offered him cash for it before we got it back to his.

it has nismo lca's, caster arms and camber arms. has quite a clen interrior for its age and a set of greddy coilovers with in cab controller.

bad bits were some rear end pannel damage and the lack of engine and gearbox

plan is to fit the rb setup i had here for the s13 (rb20 with 25 turbo box), fix up the damage and rego it, then it will get lowered on some good wheels dailied and drifted.

2012-06-09124711.jpg

2012-06-09122731.jpg

started fixing up the rear end already and have bolted in the engine and gearbox

2012-06-11151640.jpg

080620121243.jpg

Edited by BOZZY

lol. nope. all going well it will be regod in around 2-3 months

in amongst fitting the motor in pretty damp conditions (thanks tony for the help) and fixing up the rear end ive been playing with wheel fitment as all i really know is s13's its been a bit of an eye opener.

chasing some new outer lips for my work meshies to widen them an inch. (currently 17x8 +30) then ill run them on the front. will chase up another pair for the rear as well.

2012-06-09164410.jpg

test fit of 18x9 +15's

2012-06-10130957.jpg

2012-06-10131016.jpg

2012-06-10131022.jpg

and a really fuzzy pic of the new boot. i also ordered a replacement taillight

2012-06-11165436.jpg

Good stuff Matt, you know 4 doors are the way to go! 4 door hills run once you get it goin?

32 sedan rear gaurds are tiny man, 16x8 +0 with 195/55 and 4 degrees of natural camber still scrubs brand new tyres on mine haha.

Did you buy this off a guy named Michael? Looks like the one that had 'mblak' plates?

Good stuff Matt, you know 4 doors are the way to go! 4 door hills run once you get it goin?

deffinately sounds like a plan. will be pretty much the same setup as your ceffy too. lol

32 sedan rear gaurds are tiny man, 16x8 +0 with 195/55 and 4 degrees of natural camber still scrubs brand new tyres on mine haha.

Did you buy this off a guy named Michael? Looks like the one that had 'mblak' plates?

for the rear ill try and get some 17x9 +15/20 or 9.5 + 25/30

it came from around orange. had plain yellow plates on it (but was more than 3 months out :sick: )

haha nevermind, completely diff colour and state now that i am reading this on a computer instead of my phone :lol:

look forward to seeing what you do with it anyway man!

nice pick up man keen to se some more pics

will get more pics on the weekend if the weather plays nice. all the pics are camera phone ones so far. need to get the boot plastics out of the back seat, clean out the inside of it, sort out a few other bits n pieces and get properley stuck in. need to sus out how im going to go about the front mount setup (remove/relocate AC or remove foggies and go down through the batt tray.

also need to find a suitable gearbox x member (r33 possibly) and either send away the tailshaft i got made for the s13 and get it lengthened or sell it and have another new one made up.

then i need to figure out where im going to fit my 4 gagues (oil pressure, boost, oil temp and water temp) thinking oil pressure on the steering colum surround (left side) boost in that odd little round vent near the key and a douple pillar mount for the temp gagues.

I've got a couple of gbox x members laying around, one the same as I used to put the 25 box in the cef. Should work.

the mount i made for the s13 fits so id assume the r32/ceffy underside should be pretty similar id hope.

not much progress has happened due to work and weather but have been test fitting various wheels i have here to see what style ill run daily and what offsets will work

decided to try and get another pair of meshies for the rear same width/offset as the dna's on the back now

2012-06-17102820.jpg

2012-06-17104823.jpg

will camber in plenty when lowered abit too don't forget, rear on mine cambered in to abit more than -4deg naturally at this height which isn't even that low:

infinitefocus-4472.jpg

Edited by .Ryan.

i think the rears will be around about right for what im aiming for. will be lowering it about an inch (or 2) after rego then ill change some of the rear arms, align it to around -.5- -1 deg camber and then get wheels/ roll/pump guards.

also need to get some outer lips for the front wheels as there a little narrow/undished but havent quite figured out exactly what width i need yet.

Almost the exact process I've been doing with my 32 4 door. Looks like yours is coming up good!

progress has been slow due to work/weather but getting closer.

got a stock exh mani for it as the highmount setup i had wouldnt fit in the 32. also went to an r34 op6 turbo. have the mani and turbo test fitted along with a TOG dump/front pipe and a mild steel r32 2 door catback that a mate had spare.

chasing up a replacement engine loom and body loom - engine loom plug as mine was removed previously

picked up and test fitted the tailshaft today too. had it remade using the ends from the one i had made up for the s13. its a 1 piece 3 1/4 inch dia shaft with new ends

2012-07-07133508.jpg

bit more progress today.

sorted out what im doing with the exhaust

plumbed up the power steering in a temporary manner as all the hicas stuff will be getting removed very shortley. will pull the engine out, remove all the hicas stuff. tidy up a few little bits n peaces like heater hoses etc, give the engine a good coat of paint etc while its all back out.

clutch master got fitted. got one off a mate that had a broken bleed nipple (was broken closed luckily) it also had a cracked fluid resi but a willwood one was a perfect replacement (fits nicley around the firewall). im running a braided line that came off a vl so the clutch master had to be modified to suit a washer/banjo arrangement. fitted everything up and bled the clutch unassisted so the lack of the upper bleed nipple wasnt an issue.

also figured out my cooler piping. will be running a 2 1/2 inch hot side pipe. the cooler will be getting a 90 degree bend fitted in place of the 3 inch straight opening that it currently has.

2 thermos will be getting fitted to the front of the intercooler that will push air through the cooler and the radiator.

a power steering cooler will be getting fitted on the passengers side around the area the stock intercooler was (will be behind the air intake though so wont cause and excess heat into the intake)

the engine oil cooler will be going under the battery tray area with cooling holes being made in the inner guard lining (same as the factory lhs) this has to wait till i remove the hicas stuff though as the solenoid is right where i want to place my lines. I still have to figure out exactly where im putting my oil filter too.

2012-07-08162516.jpg

2012-07-08165812.jpg

then i need to figure out where im going to fit my 4 gagues (oil pressure, boost, oil temp and water temp) thinking oil pressure on the steering colum surround (left side) boost in that odd little round vent near the key and a douple pillar mount for the temp gagues.

When I bought my 32, the boost gauge was in the air vent to the right by the key but its hard to see when driving, for me the wheel blocks my view of it. My centre vents were cracked so i blocked the vent off and have three gauges in there and one on the column. Makes for far easier viewing of the gauges.