Sign in to follow this  
GKTECH

RB25 to SR20 billet gearbox conversion bell housings (yep complete billet bell housing) confirmed for production for late 2012 - Expected cost of $999 (TBC)

RB25 to SR20 billet gearbox conversion bell housings (yep complete billet bell housing) confirmed for production for late 2012 - Expected cost of $999 (TBC)

If you're not familiar with all of the other awesome work that we've been doing lately, check out most of it on our Facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/gktech

Greg

Call me a noob but what's the difference between this and an adapter plate. I understand it's the complete bell housing but why not just get an adapter..?

an adaptor usually requires more modifications to work, machining of the bellhousing etc.

when you do a 25 box swap, normally you can use your sr clutch

Hey Greg I called a few weeks ago regarding this bellhousing when you weren’t sure or not if you were going to produce it. Have you looked into it further to see if this would work with a z32 gearbox? I can imagine it would as there practically the same gearbox with a different bellhousing and the z32 has a remote shifter. The two bellhousings are interchangeable between both z32 and rb25 gearboxes, then all that would be needed is an aftermarket remote shifter assembly (nigel, mazworkx, ect) gearbox mount and tailshaft. I only ask as I have two z32 gearboxes and am looking to do the conversion sometime this year.

Edited by Kruges

Hey Greg I called a few weeks ago regarding this bellhousing when you weren’t sure or not if you were going to produce it. Have you looked into it further to see if this would work with a z32 gearbox? I can imagine it would as there practically the same gearbox with a different bellhousing and the z32 has a remote shifter. The two bellhousings are interchangeable between both z32 and rb25 gearboxes, then all that would be needed is an aftermarket remote shifter assembly (nigel, mazworkx, ect) gearbox mount and tailshaft. I only ask as I have two z32 gearboxes and am looking to do the conversion sometime this year.

Hi mate,

We haven't looked at the Z32 box (our concentration was on the RB25) however if the bell housings between them are interchangeable then I'd say that they could fit. I don't see why not?

Being a complete bell housing this should bolt straight on to a Z32 gearbox also. You can swap bell housings between z32 and RB25 with no issues.

This would be a great product also,and would be much better than adapter plate and easier than doing a cut and shut.

I know what that is like having done a cut and shut on a CA to VG gearbox. My CA is running a VG30 z32 gearbox with a cut and shut bell housing.

This is the best news I've heard all month Greg! Looks like I'll be spending a fair bit of coin with gktech over the next 6 months :)

looking good !!

I've been wondering what i'll do at the end of the year with my extra cash... ;)

Being a complete bell housing this should bolt straight on to a Z32 gearbox also. You can swap bell housings between z32 and RB25 with no issues. This would be a great product also,and would be much better than adapter plate and easier than doing a cut and shut. I know what that is like having done a cut and shut on a CA to VG gearbox. My CA is running a VG30 z32 gearbox with a cut and shut bell housing.

Although this wasn't our intention, this was brought to our attention.

This is the best news I've heard all month Greg! Looks like I'll be spending a fair bit of coin with gktech over the next 6 months :)

Even more cool stuff coming soon :)

looking good !! I've been wondering what i'll do at the end of the year with my extra cash... ;)

Us too! These things are going to cost a bomb to make! haha

Call me a noob but what's the difference between this and an adapter plate. I understand it's the complete bell housing but why not just get an adapter..?

It will be more like a cut and shut but just with out any welds and machined out of a big block of billet

will you make modified shifters also?

Greg already stated it will be a dog leg shifter

Any chance of making one to suit the CA18?

Any chance of making one to suit the CA18?

One would cost too much to make + no real market for the CA's. Stick with adaptor plates/cut and shuts for the CA18.

So KEEN for this Greg..

Just bought a cut n shut for my Z32 conversion but will gladly sell it off, and buy yours when they become available..

Might sound like a stupid question. But does the standard s13-s-14 tailshaft bolt straight on since its not an adapter plate that extends the box.

Sorry in advance if this had been ask before.

Might sound like a stupid question. But does the standard s13-s-14 tailshaft bolt straight on since its not an adapter plate that extends the box.

Sorry in advance if this had been ask before.

No u will still need to get a tail shaft made to suit

this great news, always suprising us with great products, regarding the interchange between 25 box and z32, isn't the input shaft longer on a 25 box? so this bellhousing may not suit the z32

happy to be corrected on this

any plans for z33 gearbox to sr20 ?

Not at this stage. The Z33 boxes aren't really common enough in Australia (unfortunately)

Not at this stage. The Z33 boxes aren't really common enough in Australia (unfortunately)

Super keen for this!!! Especially when the are only 2k (brand new) delivered from the states...

TransComparison.jpg

Edited by Stilvia

Super keen for this!!! Especially when the are only 2k (brand new) delivered from the states...

TransComparison.jpg

Really? Where?

I was looking for one for my car a few weeks back and the best I could find was near 2k second hand.

Shiiit... The Z33 box makes the SR box look like it's got wrist watch internals.

Good news on the bellhousing and diff cover.

Really? Where?

I was looking for one for my car a few weeks back and the best I could find was near 2k second hand.

FB PM sent with details Greg..

this great news, always suprising us with great products, regarding the interchange between 25 box and z32, isn't the input shaft longer on a 25 box? so this bellhousing may not suit the z32

happy to be corrected on this

Any further information on this and if it will work or not would be awesome. I'll 100% buy one if it bolts a Z32 box straight up.

this great news, always suprising us with great products, regarding the interchange between 25 box and z32, isn't the input shaft longer on a 25 box? so this bellhousing may not suit the z32 happy to be corrected on this
Any further information on this and if it will work or not would be awesome. I'll 100% buy one if it bolts a Z32 box straight up.

We're not 100% sure as it's not something that we know/knew about prior to starting this project and as such we haven't planned on it working however some people have told us that it will work. We won't know until we try it out or go by others information.

At this stage we should have some drawings back from the engineer in around 1-2 weeks (the bellhousings are with the 3D scanners now)

Greg

Sign in to follow this