Sign in to follow this  
e30_Project

Free Penrite Brake Fluid!

got mine about a week after i signed up

x1 300ml penrite dot 4 brake fluid

x2 brakes direct stickers

x2 brakes direct lanyards

suprised it wasnt posted earlier it was on the vic drift facebook page a few weeks ago

got an e-mail regarding this today, i thought it was never going to come.. :( lucky though i actually need more brake fluid

Firstly, thanks again for registering for our Free Penrite Brake Fluid offer! To say the response has been overwheelming is an understatement! As I write this email we've got just over 8000 bottles to send out, and counting!

Which leads me to the problem we're currently having: We sent out just over 1100 bottles (in first in first out order), but Penrite has no more bottles of the Super Dot 4 left! We have literally bought Penrite Australia out of all their Super Dot 4 Brake Fluid! (A pretty cool effort with think!)

BE PATIENT! We promise everyone will get their bottle! We're currently waiting to hear back from Penrite with expected time frames on further deliveries, and once we do we'll updated everyone on where we're at with getting the bottles out!

We do have about 100ish bottles left in the Brisbane warehouse, but we're saving these for people who are ordering other parts, and need the fluid at the same time to do the complete service in one hit. If this is you, please let us know when ordering!

Also, if you used any sort of fake details (the number of 'Mr Fluid' with the contact number '0400 000 000' that regsitered for the offer was somewhat dissapointing...) then I wouldn't hold your breath! This was a genuine offer that's costing us a an enourmous amount of time and effort (and money!), so if this was you and you'd like to be a part of it, please reply to this email with your correct details! Appreciate your understanding on this matter!

Again, thanks for your patience, and apologies for any inconvience caused. As always, any questions just let us know!

Warm regards,

Greg, Matt, Nathan and the rest of the Brakes Direct Sales Team!

That is a clever marketing ploy. I do wonder how they are finding it.

But just by this one event, they have created (if ap's email is accurate) a database of 8000+ people. That's more then some online magazine subscribers.

They then would use that in leverage to attract other supplies ect...

Quite clever

I just copied and pasted the email I received, omitting my name.

How much would they be buying a bottle for though? $5 or less? That's still a big chunk of money, not including postage on top of that.

But yeah you're right in terms of a big customer base. They'd be hoping more people buy things than not for this to all work in their favour though.

Edited by TheApothecary

The cost would be big, but they would also use this to get cheaper fright costs as well. I don't know how long this promotion has been going for, but that many packages a week would get them some special pricing and service.

I personally don't think they care much if the people who sign up use their service immediately. Their site is being boosted by 'free advertising' like this thread even before their site is officially launched. That's worth quite a bit of money SEO wise.

They would also attract investors quite easily as well. Particularly with these results prior to launching.

I don't know if they have had an existing shop prior to the website, but they would be slowing a few online companies up.

I tried searching for this topic to update it but couldn't, NS search f**king sucks. So, FURTHER UPDATE.

Hi ____,

Firstly, apologies for the delay in getting your free Penrite Brake Fluid sample out to you! We appreciate the frustration with this (and certainly isn't representative of our regular service levels!), but we never expected this offer to go viral! As I type this we're nearly up to 15,000 samples to send, and this has put massive pressure on not only ourselves, but also on Penrite to actually supply the product!

As we've said in every email, if you need a bottle urgently, please let us know and we'll send it out straight away separate to the bulk freight!!!

1344904355.jpeg

At this stage the expected time frames for delivery for people that registered on or before the 6th July is as follows:

• Adelaide Metro: Today/Tomorrow (That's your pallet of fluid pictured above!)
  • Perth Metro: Mid to late next week
  • Brisbane Metro: By the end of August
  • Sydney/Melbourne Metro: By middle of September
  • Rest of Australia (and PO Boxes): By the end of September

For those that registered from the 7th July onwards, because of delays in sourcing the product, delivery will be by the end of October. Our sincerest apologies for this, and as we've said, if you need it urgently (ie. you've got a vehicle service coming up etc.) then please let us know and we'll send you out a bottle straight away!

TO APOLOGIES FOR THIS, WE'RE OFFERING EVERYONE CURRENTLY WAITING FOR A BOTTLE 20% OFF AT BOTH BRAKES DIRECT, AND GSL RALLYSPORT THIS WEEK ONLY! That's worth ALOT more than a $10 bottle of brake fluid!

That not only gives you access to Australia's largest range of automotive braking components from Brakes Direct, but also 20% off things like suspension, lubricants, bearings, race gear and apparel, sports cameras and lots more through GSL RallySport! Simply mention that you're currently waiting for your free bottle of Penrite Brake Fluid from Brakes Direct, and either store will take 20% off your order total! If you're ordering a full set of brakes or suspension that's a significant saving!

As a bonus, take advantage of this offer, and we'll double the free Penrite Brake Fluid offer, and send out TWO FREE bottles with your order!

Again, our apologies for the delay, we hope everyone appreciates this was always a genuine offer, and we will stay committed to getting each and every bottle out!

As always, any questions or inquiries just let us know!

Warm regards,

Greg Latham

Brakes Direct Brisbane (Head Office)

Just registered about a hour ago for the hell of it.

man, 20% of storewide at the gsl rallysport place is awesome.. they stock HEAPS of shit..

Also found mine sitting on the table when I got home, got the 2 lanyards as well! thanks Brakesdirect!!

I also got mine today with the 2 lanyards. I'll definitely buy from them in the future.

I got mine this morning! Poor courier spent ages trying to find my place up in the hills in the fog lol. Got a couple of phone calls from him. This promo must have cost brakes direct a shit load.

Not sure what I'll do with the lanyards.

Probably give them to people like I do with every other lanyard I've had.

Ended up spending $1200 on brake parts thanks to this promo and the 20% discount :|

That's $240 off, good bargain to you, kudos. You probably also paid the courier's fee to Enflamed's house.