neil_se

Hardtuned Norwell Track Day #2 QLD - ONLY 9 SPOTS LEFT

11 members have voted

1. 1. Are you coming or what?

• Yes, I'm the man of the house
    • No, Mummy said I can't come and play

I think the real concern is

WHERE ARE THE TIMES?!

Braking later and harder than everybody else is a big statement.

I was standing next to Callum's car when he just got off the track and parked up. Instantly his front brakes began to smoke so he jumped back in the car and drove up the street to help cool them down. He also happens to haveve the fastest lap times.

not to mention that the mx5 would have been one of the lightest cars out there.. so saying that you were braking harder then anyone else is rubbish unless your mx5 is a lot heavier then a s chassis

not to mention that the mx5 would have been one of the lightest cars out there.. so saying that you were braking harder then anyone else is rubbish unless your mx5 is a lot heavier then a s chassis

and that I was going 180+ through the straits I know I was breaking alot harder

lol ^ had your speedo checked lately damit? 180+ @ norwell = fence

the e-penis grew large in here

lol ^ had your speedo checked lately damit? 180+ @ norwell = fence

well speedo dont work but for me limiter in 4th is 190 as per trap speeds while dragging and I was getting to limiter in 4th as I was breaking and unless my diff changed its self since I last dragged I would of been at 180 at top of 4th

But maby I will get a speed sender for the next day and see

180 down the back straight. You a funny man Damo.

another fun day fellas :] bummer that the gymkhana was so short? i lined up and the cones got taken away :

heres my onboard

Just to requote this as I saw a speed of 168kmh which is only 12 kmh of 180kmh but as I said I don't have a speedo and I'm going off gears and Previous experience with gears and speeds and top of 4th for me is 180kmh

If i could do 180 before braking there i'd be about 2 or 3 secs quicker over the lap. did you have a go at the sprints or just cruise sessions?

If i could do 180 before braking there i'd be about 2 or 3 secs quicker over the lap. did you have a go at the sprints or just cruise sessions?

sprints well the 1 or 2 laps in a few sessions before being waved in due to fuel issue

An extra lap is possible, I found my standard brakes were still holding up well but getting a bit spongey on the last lap.

I did'nt have any problems with brakes (dot 4 fluid project mu club racer pads and slotted front discs) I did a long stint at the end of the first day when it was opened up for everyone, did somthing like 15 laps (could be more could be less) the only problem i had there was my bendix ultimate pads started de laminating but still no fade as your off your brakes for most of the lap they have plenty of time to cool. so an extra lap or two in the sprint sessions would be awesome.

lol

I couldn't help myself

Hopefully events like this and the popularity of WTAC will get more people out to the regular track days and get some more use out of these cars we spend so much money on. When is the next one :D

Edited by JarredSX

2 weeeeks still no results

from FB:

"sprint times will be up on hardtuned shortly

31 July at 21:00 "

..... pathetic

Edited by scooby36

2 weeeeks still no results

from FB:

"sprint times will be up on hardtuned shortly

31 July at 21:00 "

..... pathetic

Maybe ask them?

Alex Phillips - Any ideas/links on who was taking photo's? Any chance of posting the sprint times up?

30 July at 16:43 via Mobile

Hardtuned.net - sprint times will be up on hardtuned shortly

31 July at 21:00

+ all the people asking in this thread. cheers for bumping anyway :D

Norwell, Is not a high braking circuit, even looking at Callums on board he was maxing at 150 - 160 on the main straight, the curves after that are small dabs to settle car more than to really slow the car down, and the next big brake is into the hairpin going back ontot the main straight... i run red stuff and green stuff and they would have been untaxed over the day

simple solution to brake fade is to use the brakes less... :D

M

you've got an mx5 with 80kw. try being in a faster car with better tyres, I know how hard those other guys jump on the anchors to get the low minute times.

yep... i was doing 1.12's in a car with 80rwkw... that means i was braking later and harder than every body else who could go faster in the straights.. fast isnt just in a straight line...

M

is there a polite way to say "pull your head out of your ass?"

Yawn...