Sign in to follow this  
Chappy

Need advice on good shooting ranges in LA or Honolulu

I'm going on a holiday to the USA in January where i will be spending a few days in Los Angeles and a few in Honolulu.

I want to take advantage of their looser gun laws to allow me to fire some guns i could never get my hands on here.

This place is the top contender so far:

http://www.hawaiigunclub.com/en/rates.html

The super VIP course looks expensive but has the most interesting guns. It is the only one i have found so far with a tommy gun, but i cant help but feel like i am paying the 'tourist tax'.

My main priority is to fire as many different SMG's, Assault rifles and other AU-illegal guns as i can.

I was hoping for a full sized machine gun, but that doesn't look possible in my chosen cities.

So does anybody know of some good ranges with a good selection and better prices?

Yes but the national passtime of popping a cap in 'yo' az comes with some inconvenient consequences if you wish to return home after participating.

Edited by Chappy

Price looks alright for the variety of guns, but 100 shots? Would be half an hour tops. Assuming they'll rape your butt for extra ammunition aswell.

Ask at the hotel your staying

You are 100% paying tourist tax if you are paying to shoot guns in America.

Just like when people come to Australia and they go to the Zoo to look at Kangaroo's/Koalas when an Aussie would know a 1hr drive out of the city would get you finding them animals.

But since your unlicened and not even an American citizen it gets a bit hard to find randoms who will let you use there guns unless you join some groups like the Crips and Bloods.

Do you know anybody in the USA? Possibly they'd know somebody who would have a stock pile of weaponry and could let you use it at an open range for alot less.

You are 100% paying tourist tax if you are paying to shoot guns in America.

Just like when people come to Australia and they go to the Zoo to look at Kangaroo's/Koalas when an Aussie would know a 1hr drive out of the city would get you finding them animals.

But since your unlicened and not even an American citizen it gets a bit hard to find randoms who will let you use there guns unless you join some groups like the Crips and Bloods.

Do you know anybody in the USA? Possibly they'd know somebody who would have a stock pile of weaponry and could let you use it at an open range for alot less.

Yeah i don't know anybody so it will have to be a rental.

I don't mind renting so long as i am not paying an inflated price by comparison to the rest of the country. I get the feeling that the places in Hawaii mainly service tourists.

Edited by Chappy

Is it blood lust?

I'd be heading to Colorado, and shoot the wildlife.

No shit, take down a bear or something ya pussy.

If my desire was focused on what I shot at rather than what I was shooting with, I would not need to go to the USA to fulfil that desire, there are plenty of helpless animals for me to shoot here.

The difference is, I see people shooting harmless wildlife as the "pussies" you so describe. When I get the urge to shoot a moving or living target I go play paintball because I can actually handle engaging targets who shoot back.

This venture is purely aimed at taking advantage of the differing laws in these two places while I am there. I am not going here with the primary aim of shooting guns, I am taking the opportunity to gain access to said guns while I am in a country that allows it.

Going to a different place is not an option.

Furthermore, any more attempts to divert the topic away from the subject at hand will be reported to the mods .

Edited by Chappy

Cranky Pants..

As suggested, wait till you get to the hotel, and ask the concierge.. they'll know the best places to go. Otherwise you have the fallback of the place you listed.

Just stirring you up Chap, the fact is your looking at places that do cater for tourists because your going over there with no firearm experience/ability AS FAR AS THERE CONCERNED and this ofcourse means they will charge accordingly.

It's like wanting to race a car around a track and paying for one of those stupid V8 driving experience packages where your pay handsomely and still won't ever get the full experience because your a novice.

SO

The only other thing i can recommend is plugging around on some shooting enthusiasts forums or social sites and making friends with someone who can take you out for a day.

See if you can tag along with mr "Have nice day" Russian even.

Sorry for going off half cocked. Occasionally interacting with people in the firearms community often results in me taking flak for having no desire to go hunting.

It seems to have made me a little over sensitive to the subject :)

The place in Hawaii looks ok enough, i might just go with them.

Edited by Chappy

I went to this awesome one in Virginia....no f**king around choose what guns I want...they showed me how to load them and that was it....no one standing there watching me had it all to myself just unloading clips....last one I went to was that Las Vegas shitty tourist one...they have some dude stand next to you the whole time loading the gun for you and it was expensive as f**k!....if you can find a local one there pretty good