Sign in to follow this  
NickStoyaa

NSW Cop rage

Yeah RTA is dirt they got me too at work 1 hour to tow away or no rego at 10:50 in the morning so of course I didn't even see it till lunchtime. Cracked lights is a legit defect though, as is foggy or dirty lights.

Whoever did that is pretty low, did they report you while you were at home? You might have been able to complain that your car is garaged so how can someone report it.

It definitely is annoying when you get someone who doesn't know what they are looking at (sometimes entertaining though. I had a guy once look directly at my screamer pipe and scratched his head, I almost burst out laughing. :P). I think to be able to defect they should have to pass some kind of knowledge test, and I'm not sure if they already do, or keep a book of ADRs in the cars so they can show you proof of where you are wrong or you can show where they are wrong. Especially at RBTs or defect stations.

Yes a pink slip is a roadworthy test. Sounds like your particular officer didn't want a bar of anything you had to say on that day. Guess he thought you were a smart arse or something.

His words exactly. Go get this cleared by a mechanic in sydney and receive a pink slip. (cause u know i can get stock wheels bodykit and air box while im on holiday)

Me not knowing what that is i asked what is a pink slip. He mumbled something and said get this cleared before you drive home on sunday.

I assume a pink slip is a road worthy?

Dude, just call the Ombudsman about the cops behaviour, and then the RTA about the defect.

http://www.ombo.nsw.gov.au/

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/contactus/phonecontacts/index.html

His words exactly. Go get this cleared by a mechanic in sydney and receive a pink slip. (cause u know i can get stock wheels bodykit and air box while im on holiday)

Me not knowing what that is i asked what is a pink slip. He mumbled something and said get this cleared before you drive home on sunday.

I assume a pink slip is a road worthy?

Dude, just call the Ombudsman about the cops behaviour, and then the RTA about the defect.

http://www.ombo.nsw.gov.au/

http://www.rta.nsw.g...acts/index.html

I would if it wasnt already defected, id rather stay under the radar as iv already cancelled my rego and ill re register it when i can be bothered ATM i dont need a care so its not an issue.

I still dont get how he can defect me for NSW defects when i clearly have ACT registration. Iv been pulled over plenty of times into rbt's ect not one word said even in NSW.

Its more the lack of knowledge that frustrates me, I know i was in the wrong for part of it but i was fined for the wrong things in part is what i find so rediculous about the whole cop integrity thing.

Its the Highway Patrol that love to rape you in Vic.

I was picking my duaghter up from school yesterday. I hardly ever drive my S14 during the week anymore, but she wanted me to pick her up in the Silvia. As soon as i pulled out of the school there was a marked cop car behind me. I did the usual crapping in my pants thing and just pulled over, and they just drove straight past me. Stoked!!!

42.12.1.2.1.3. the contour and location of the wheel guards must be such that they are as close to the tyre as possible; and in particular within the part formed by the radial planes referred to in clause 42.12.1.2.1, they must satisfy the following requirements:

Having your car "flush" is not illigal is my interpretation of that?

In the ADR it proves his logic completely wrong. i may follow this up with the ombudsman.

I have his badge number ect

or keep a book of ADRs in the cars so they can show you proof of where you are wrong or you can show where they are wrong. Especially at RBTs or defect stations.

They'll get you for obstructing the law or wasting police time.

42.12.1.2.1.3. the contour and location of the wheel guards must be such that they are as close to the tyre as possible; and in particular within the part formed by the radial planes referred to in clause 42.12.1.2.1, they must satisfy the following requirements: Having your car "flush" is not illigal is my interpretation of that? In the ADR it proves his logic completely wrong. i may follow this up with the ombudsman. I have his badge number ect

The ADR you are referring to is in regards to the design and construction of cars, not the modification. The point in the ADR you are referring to is to protect other road users, not to make sure that through the modification of your car you have "flush wheels".

http://www.comlaw.go...ils/F2006L03253

A. Function and SCOPE

75]The function of this vehicle standard is to specify design and construction requirements to ensure safe operation of vehicles.

B. APPLICABILITY

B.1. Applicability Summary

B.1.1. This national standard applies to the design and construction of vehicles as set out in the table below.

42.12. WHEEL GUARDS (MUDGUARDS)

42.12.1.1. General Requirements

75]The vehicle must be provided with wheel guards (parts of the bodywork, mudguards, etc.) which must be so designed as to protect other road users, as far as practicable, against thrown-up stones, mud, ice, snow and water and to reduce for those users the dangers due to contact with the moving wheels.

Edited by K.O.S!

The thing that all of you don't understand is that it doesnt matter if the officer is right or wrong. They can still defect you.

The defect basically refers the issue it to the RTA/Dickson/Whoever to confirm its legality and conformity.

Those of you who know me know I'm always up for an argument, and I've tried the whole copy of the ADR's in the car, arguing the point with the officer, and 99% of the time you'll still get the defect for the above reason.

It actually seems to me that you've failed the personality test. I've been pulled over a fair few times in my cars, and if you're nice, polite and courteous, you'll get away with a lot more. Having said that if I get caught speeding, on the phone, whatever, sure I'm pissed about it, but more at myself for getting caught. I'll take the fine and demerits.

I've been a dick to cops, and it only helps you dig yourself in deeper and walk away feeling more hard done by.

In regards to the NSW defect, call the RTA, and also speak to Dickson to get clarification on what you need to do, don't rely on what people on here have to say.

And finally, if you feel hard done by, or feel that the officer was unjustly harsh, lodge a complaint about his conduct. It is your legal right to do so. Go talk to the senior station officer in Queanbeyan who will advise you of the next steps. But know that a complaint won't reverse the defect or whatever fines you got. The ombudsman will only deal with your case if this process fails.

well said that man.

if u drive a modified car, you have to accept that when (not "if") u get pulled over, u can be defected for anything - even factory things. do yourselves a favour, accept this and get on with your life. Use the net to promote the modified car scene, not whinge and sook about being defected for your legal/illegal mods.

I'm also interested to know how this NSW defect /ACT rego works, makes no sense

I dont know about you guys but by law you are not allowed to step out of your vehicle untill the officer directs you too.

I am not saying that it is a good idea to jump straight out of the car, but there is no law that says if you get pulled over you must remain in the vehicle...

If you fail to comply with the directives of an officer it can be another story... but that'd only apply if they told you to stay in, or get back in, the car....