Sign in to follow this  
Buschy

Need Help Car Photography Settings Canon DSLR - Want some tips :)

Hey Guys,

Looking at doing some car shots something similar to this:

get-at26.jpg

i usually shoot on manual and was just wondering what sort of shutter speeds and aperture you guys use?

So i recently had a Canon 1100d with a standard 18-55mm lens.

Now I've upgraded to the canon 60D still with the standard 18-55mm lens. Hopefully getting a wide angle soon!

If someone could explain how to go about this it would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Aaron

Unfortuatly, there really isn't a good recipie for this sort of thing. Normally I would suggest between 1/60 - 1/120 shutter speed depending on how fast the two cars are traveling, and how smooth the road is. Try and keep the aperature a stop or two above wide-open (around 4-6 should be fine), and then lower the ISO until you reach your desired exposure.

If it is a very bright day, and ISO 100 still provides a very bright image, try closing the aperature slightly, or look into a density filter.

Unfortuatly, there really isn't a good recipie for this sort of thing. Normally I would suggest between 1/60 - 1/120 shutter speed depending on how fast the two cars are traveling, and how smooth the road is. Try and keep the aperature a stop or two above wide-open (around 4-6 should be fine), and then lower the ISO until you reach your desired exposure.

If it is a very bright day, and ISO 100 still provides a very bright image, try closing the aperature slightly, or look into a density filter.

Great thanks a lot.

Sign in to follow this