Sign in to follow this  
HI2U

Workshop Reccomendation

gday guys

sold my skyline and now playing around with K11 Micras (LOL yes but saving for house/wedding/eurotrip etc).

Ive sourced an HKS turbo kit for it and want to get it fitted.

Can anyone recommend the best place to take it? its only 1.3L so i want to go somewhere where the guys have experience playing with small motors and what not and arent going to blow the thing up.

Any help/stories/recommendations appreciated,

Cheers

Kyle

why would it matter that it is a 1.3?

i guess im sort of looking for someone who has already done one of these conversions or specializes in smallER motors if anyone knows.

ive spoken to chasers (cant remember which ones maybe eastside) and they didnt seem to confident and i dont want to spends hundreds of dollars in labour on a place to umm and aah about things.

Well you really need the kind of workshop who may have done non-turbo to turbo kind of deals, most places aint to confident cause in the end its not just an install and go like they usally do, Lines need to be made up.. Its HKS kit so its Garret turbo which could be Water and Oil Cooled so lines/fittings all done up maybe a tap into the block for the oil aswell.

Speak to Donny at Forced Motorworks, i know he's done a ton of non turbo to turbo's so he would already have the mind set of whats going to be required before he even starts :)

Wallah bring it in I have a look we go from there.