Sign in to follow this  
Ballinismyhobby

Channel 9's Olympic coverage is terrible.

pmod

did you watch hamish and andy's final episode.

one of the equestrian horses sold for 10million euros...

and considering they all ride carbon fibre bikes, row boats, bows etc etc i dont see the difference

they have bmx now ffs lol

Nope.

High-end gear is only needed when people reach worlds-best level, as everyone is using it. I'm talking about the ability to train and hone skills to become competitive enough to warrant the gear. In the case of horses, there are millions of horses across the globe, and the next champion could be anywhere. As many champions have come from farmer brown's paddock as they have from a millionaire's chequebook. You don't need a great horse to train a great jockey either.

People world-wide have ridden, trained and raced horses for thousands of years. Per capita, motorsport doesn't get even close to comparing. Hell, in many countries the average person can barely even afford a 50cc bike, yet they've ridden a horse or donkey.

its the olympics it is the worlds best

archery is an olympic sport that would have less followers than motorsport

just because 3rd world countries have access to horses doesnt mean they can compete in the olympics

every country in the world you can go for a swim somewhere but australia, usa, china, france dominate the sport because they spend millions on trainers and fancy cameras, nutritionists etc etc to get the best out of them

look at equatorial Guinea. The swimmer had never been in a real pool and he still won. Im sick of the news coverage about how the swimmers arent all winning gold. If they had won gold it would be all about them winning gold.Feel like the IOC make sure every media outlet is talking about the olympics one way or another.

I wanna watch the bloody unique different sports that we rarely see like judo, fencing, handball and heaps of other stuff and teams that we don't see like the dream team and the hockey.

Not god damn stuff we see all the time anyway such as swimming, bike races and tennis >.

I'd like to see like 1v1 basketball in the Olympics, or at least some sort of world comp, It would be epic to watch

agreed

f**k watching free to air broadcast. Download it as a torrent if you don't have foxtel.

f**k torrents, stream live instead: http://www.vipbox.tv/olympics.html

I've been using this site too. Free-to-air do a shit job every olympics.

Can't justify paying for fox as I barely watch tv.

The weightlifting is something I used to love watching when Darrel Eastlake used to commentate for it. He used to go off his chops.

6 Foxtel channels + 14 NBC dedicated channels = I'm sick of it already.