Sign in to follow this  
brent47

The Nostalgia Thread.

theres this one game that i loved playing when i was a kid not sure if its was super nintendo or on playstation 1 but it was a game where you walked around shooting/fighting people pretty sure it was 3d ish. at first i thought it was captain commando but its not the same one as i was thinking about. anyone have any idea what game it could possibly be? i know im not giving much info but its driving me insane trying to looking for it.

so it's a game on a console where you walked around shooting and fighting people?

well that narrows it down.

Well it's definately not that one where you sit down punching people

Edited by Stig Mick

theres this one game that i loved playing when i was a kid not sure if its was super nintendo or on playstation 1 but it was a game where you walked around shooting/fighting people pretty sure it was 3d ish. at first i thought it was captain commando but its not the same one as i was thinking about. anyone have any idea what game it could possibly be? i know im not giving much info but its driving me insane trying to looking for it.

so it's a game on a console where you walked around shooting and fighting people?

well that narrows it down.

yea it does, how can you not know it what game it is ? :hypo:

i remember one stage where you're on a street or air base kinda thing. half way through the level you would walk through some gates or fence, i remember a chick character and guy with muscles cars and shit and a boss....very similar to captain commando....it might be this game but im playing it now and its not triggering the same memory

this still doesnt narrow it down basically all games are like this kranze you genius but it was a pretty sick game. not sure if it was popular but someone might be able to throw a random game name out there and it might be it, instead of being a dick about it.

250px-Captain_Commando.png

90s-toys-from-the-1990s-toys-from-the-90s-90-s-fictional-characters-photo-u2.jpg

bubble-jug.jpg

Edited by .ady

James bond! Loved it but I could never finish the Mission with the big ass satellite.

Oh man, best game ever!

Goldeneye was the first game that we got with our 64. This game is what made me a massive Bond fan.

Plus these ones:

bk3-500x375.jpg

tiptup.jpg

tumblr_l4rjirRldu1qc93dlo1_5001.jpg

And my favourite computer games:

92026-Wolfenstein_3D_(World)-6.png

jazz1.gif

hocuspocus2.gif

Best N64 game hands down

I just used to run around pimp slapping everyone.

There's an un-official Street Rod 3 that's been in development since like 2006. Typical Aussies, slack as shit.

No one has mentioned Jazz jackrabbit. I used to love that game.

Best N64 game hands down

I just used to run around pimp slapping everyone.

4 person Multi player was awesome unless your tv was small then it sucked ass

Edited by Stig Mick

omg, every few months i think of this game but could never remember it, trolling the papers looking for cars etc etc.

wonder if i can get it to play

So many hours, I remember undoing 4 bolts to swap between inlet mani's/superchargers.

If only :lol:

The aqueduct run for pinks was fair challenging, lost many a car in there

Golden gun was absolute beast. Nothing better than pissing your buddy off like an instakill weapon.

Golden gun was absolute beast. Nothing better than pissing your buddy off like an instakill weapon.

Proximity mines on the doors in the facility level reaped a similar response haha

Proximity mines on the doors in the facility level reaped a similar response haha

This

Anyone remember decent?

streets of rage? double dragon? fighting force? final fight? a sequel to one of the aforementioned?

There's an un-official Street Rod 3 that's been in development since like 2006. Typical Aussies, slack as shit.

No one has mentioned Jazz jackrabbit. I used to love that game.

I posted a screenshot above... awesome game!

Parents bought me a super Nintendo to Xmas and got me this game with it. Was hooked! Then when I upgraded to a n64 I got starfox64 and couldn't believe that they talked on screen and I no longer had to try and read what they where saying.

74e2a7b1e1fd721b9282a839f3a7b5f4.jpg

Then, along with golden eye, this game was a life changer,

4ce6c3c8d0a07c742bf7ac375c04050c.jpg

4b1ac0a0295c6fce02369b91133c6246.jpg

It's funny to look back and think how big Ocarina of Time and Goldeneye were.

I can't even figure out why they were so special, they just were.

Goldeneye in particular was just one of those all night with mates games.

It would hardly be a sleepover because you'd all ride round with the 64/controllers/games/soft drinks and junk food split up between back packs and not sleep over at all

It was always a fight to who would get to use Odjob. Was the gangster multiplayer of its time!

Zelda was just bad ass free roam with swords! Could ride a house, go fishing or just kill shit.

And when I moved back to Australia, everyone had a PS1 and I discovered was burnt games where and Tony Hawk and Twisted Metal where it for me.

Perfect Dark was a pretty awesome multiplayer game too. It had bots!

Did anybody else ever try playing against the bots in Duke Nukem 64 on the hardest setting?

Those things were rigged hard.

My best friend and i used to play against 1 or 2 ultra hard bots in the 1st level (cinema) and would barricade ourselves in the projector room then used the air vents, secret corridors and security cameras to get around and snipe the bots.

Even then they would usually manage to kill us a good few times :lol:

Goldeneye in particular was just one of those all night with mates games.

It would hardly be a sleepover because you'd all ride round with the 64/controllers/games/soft drinks and junk food split up between back packs and not sleep over at all

temple. proximity mines and ak47s.

pretty much used to make a run for proxys. lace all the spawn points and sit back and laugh at my mates haha

Awww man, I wanna crank out my 64 again! Our copy of Goldeneye was so thrashed that i had to buy one from Gametraders haha. Our copy of Banjo Kazooie is really tempremental too :(

These games need to be released on 3DS.

http://www.dosgamesarchive.com/games/1/ this website is awesome, so many games!

Nope, stickin with the educational games/toys I had one of these bad boys

speak_and_spell_11.jpeg

Haha I had the maths version of that

And I suck at English but I'm great at maths so obviously in a small way it worked

Edited by Stig Mick