Got a little question.

Whenever i turn on my headlights (they have a kaixen HID kit), it starts off on like green, then it goes to blue, then purple then it eventually goes to white, these changing colours last about 10 seconds before it goes back to white/yellow.

First off, what is the reason for this?

Second, is there any way to make them stay one of those colours?

Cheers guys

not to sure but i would guess its the bulb heating up changing colours. pick the colour and find the matching kelvin rating globe

Hi,

As Number 1 said, its the warming up sequence, it changes colour dueto the temprature changes of the gas (usually Xenon).

Unfortuate for you, the final colour of the light is unable to be changed.

You can buy specific bulbs.

I think 6000k is white

4000k is blue and 7000k is purple

If you want look up a light spectrum chart and find the color you want

cheers guys, think i might get myself a 7000k bulb

is it illegal to have coloured headlights?

Yea the higher you go the more purple the Colour becomes. I have 6000k and they are a good clean white. I wouldn't go any higher as cops will pull you over if they see you with those.

Ahhh dam, guess that'd be the reason why you don't see coloured headlights around.

They do look awesome tho.

Cheers again for supplying a noobie with some info

Yeah there's a s14a in Adelaide with them too haha

Hids are legal but only when they are on high beam. Low beam they can only be legal i you have a self balancing headlight with a washer squirting on it otherwise your meant to use normal globes but when hids look as good as they do it's hard to not do it haha

They are becoming more popular now says so maybe the cops are more lenient ?

Yeah they look great, not willing to risk it though.

Got this one copper near where i live, the blokes a notorious power tripper.

I live in the hills area of Sydney, people might know him, he's a bald headed 30ish douche who drives a bright green patrol car.

I personally haven't been pulled over by him yet, but its just a matter of time, so when i do get pulled over i want to be sure everything is 100% legal.

If you have projector lens then you should be ok with running HIDs, although in a colour close to white.

If you have projector lens then you should be ok with running HIDs, although in a colour close to white.

No.

Youre one of those annoying people who puts HID's in cars they arent designed for, and annoy the fuck out of every other road user.

Illegal hid installations are a pain in the arse and dangerous to other motorists. Try safely changing lanes at night when someone with an illegal HID setup is up your arse. Can't see shit in the mirrors

^f**k I hate that.

This morning at 5am, dark as f**k and this stupid P plater in a raised 4B with the lot gets behind me on the freeway, couldn't fkn change lanes cause I couldn't see anything!!!!!!!!!!