Sign in to follow this  
sc s15

S13 Silvia Race Car. 2015 season finished.

I thought it was about time I started a build/progress thread for my S13.

After playing around with my S15 (which is now nfi's, SX developments S15) doing sprints for a couple of years I decided to sell and buy something that I didn't mind too much if it got bent/damaged. I ended up buying "NS.com Thug"'s old s13 that already had most of the work done to it.

Current major mods:

Built SR20DET

Tomei Poncams Procam 260 12mm lift

Caltex Eflex e85/e72 fuel United E85

Trust T518z Kinugawa TD06sl2-20g

6Boost T3 manifold

Bond's bolt in 6 point cage Self made weld in cage.

Undercar surge tank + Bosch 040 57L fuel cell, Carter lift pump, 2L surge tank and 040.

Power FC Haltech S15 Platinium pro plugin

Blitz SBC ID-III

740cc injectors FiveOmotorsport 1200cc top feed injectors

Enkei RPF1 17x9 +22 wheels or 17x9.5 +18

Federal Fz-201 255/40/r17 tyres or Hankook Z214 275/40/r17

Sparco bucket seats OMP HTE XL seat

Silkroad RMA08 coilovers 8/6kg Koni 8611/8610 shocks with 550lb/in F 400lb/in R springs

z32 gearbox conversion Z33 350z 6 speed

Garrett 600hp intercooler

R33 GTST brakes with adapter for 324mm front rotors

Obviously there are heaps of other mods, but not much else worth listing

Day I picked it up in July '08

DSC01195s.jpg

Went drifting for a while

drift10.jpg

Entered a few comps, did ok, a few top 4 results

drift35.jpg

drift43.jpg

Got bored with drifting, went and did some sprints as well.

lakeside1.jpg

Posted some pretty good times and had plenty of fun, decided towards the end of '11 that I wanted to do some actual racing instead. This year I've been doing Queensland Raceways Topgear series, as well as I did "2 Days of Thunder" racing against proper sports sedans and a few v8 supercars

Qualified 2nd for my first race at Lakeside behind Callum in the Sil80. Almost claimed my first win in the second race until I was black flagged for leaving my window down.

lakeside20.jpg

[media]

]

QR Top gear round

qr12.jpg

[media]

]

2 Days of Thunder at QR

thunder2.jpg

[media]

] Edited by sc s15

Looks good mate have you got yourself a window net now? I noticed they have been making us put windows up at Lakeside in sprints. On a warm day it can really throw you off your driving sweating under the helmet.

How much power is it making?

I loved watching your vids, great driving. Those sports sedans sure do pack a punch down the straights!

S13 Race/Drift car, 216 rwkw 12.6@114mph, Lakeside 57.8, Queensland Raceway Sprint 56.69, QR National 1:20.71

As Neil said, about 215rwkw.

Just a few more random picks of stuff

IMG_1375.JPGIMG_1377.JPGIMG_1386.JPGIMG_1391.JPGIMG_1393.JPG

I've just bought a Garrett 600hp intercooler to replace my cheap chinese one. Hopefully once that's in I'll be able to retune and turn the boost up a bit more.

Chinese cooler

IMG_1370.JPG

Garrett cooler

IMG_1381.JPGIMG_1385.JPG

A while ago I broke one of the adjusters on my front coilovers and I have no idea where it's set. I've been looking around for a while trying to sus out something quality to replace the Silkroads with. After seeing some American road racing sites, mostly nissanroadracing.com, I've decided to gut my coilovers and put Koni 8611 and 8610 inserts into them.

The 8611's are adjustable for bump and rebound and the 8610's are just rebound adjustable. Using the 8610's in the rear because there is no easy way to get to the bump adjusters in the rear.

The setup is nearly finished, the sleeves have been machined to the right size, I just need to weld end caps back on and they should be good to go.

IMG_1379.JPGIMG_1380.JPG

Did u buy that surge tank from some one on here ? Think I remember seeing it for sale in the sales section

No, got it from Ebay. It fits perfectly between the fuel tank and subframe, it's a bit small, but stops fuel smell from getting into the car.

really like what u have done looks like a fun little car

are there any restrictions in the class u race in ?

do u plan on doing any more work to the car? what plans have u got for her ?

powertune make an under car surge tank but only for GTR's nothing for S chassis yet :(

2010-09-27-gtr-surge-tank.jpg

i got my surge tank in the boot and just fabricated a aluminum box for it

would much rather have an under car surge tank tho but its to late now

IMG_2087.JPG 525954_10150886222025520_528875519_11969559_771838305_n.jpg

There's not much room anywhere under a silvia for a decent surge tank. If you guys are going to make one it might be easier to to an xr6t style one that fits up the front in the engine bay. Similar to the ones Process west make.

The class we race in is pretty much run whatever you want, no restrictions at all. Sometimes we race against sports sedans, transams, commodore cup cars, v8 supercars, etc.

I don't really plan on doing much else, just need to finish sorting the suspension and hopefully with the new intercooler and some more boost I should be able to make 240-250 rwkw, which should be enough to be a bit more competitive with the faster cars.

Woops forgot to add that. Just running r33 gtst brakes all round, with Ferodo DS2500 pads.

i really like what u have done and what your doing with the car looks like awesome fun

just watched all the videos it looks like if your a bit under powered compared to the other cars

with 250kw the car should be more competitive against the other cars

will be keeping an eye out on this thread for updates

Are you using the carcass off the silkroads and putting the koni's inside them?

Yeah definately needs more power, especially for Queensland Raceway, a lot of the v8 guys have 500hp+ so it's a bit hard to keep up.

Mase, I've basically pulled the silkroad dampers out of the threaded body and will be putting the koni dampers in there instead. I should be done in the next couple of days, I'll put up some more pics and detail then.

nice i was wondering what happened to thugs old car.

Yeah I notice the other cars pull away from u in the videos

Do u know what's limiting the power I would of thought with the setup it has now it would be making 240 - 250kw

I made 293rwkw's with one of the generic intercoolers with a Garret 3071R.

I'm definitely keen to see the pics of the koni install.

It was tuned fairly conservatively, but there was definately something restricting it in the top end. I've changed the exhaust since it was last tuned as well, which I'm hoping was the problem. I'll find out in a couple of weeks when it gets tuned again.

The main reason for going for the Garrett cooler was heat soak, the generic ones seem to be ok for a couple of full throttle runs, but after that the intake temps go way up.

DSC015332.jpg

I've made over 600kw with a generic intercooler as well

What exhaust is fitted to the car at the moment ?

When it was tuned it had a dodge twin dump and 3 inch cat back with a cat. now it has a 3 inch turbo back, no cat, a hotdog and a muffler. it has to stay under 95db for lakeside. if it still dies like that in the top end when i get it tuned again I'll look into it more

When it was tuned it had a dodge twin dump and 3 inch cat back with a cat. now it has a 3 inch turbo back, no cat, a hotdog and a muffler. it has to stay under 95db for lakeside. if it still dies like that in the top end when i get it tuned again I'll look into it more

Those split dump pipes suck aye invest in a bell mouth style dump pipe

hell yea sam good onya for making a thread :]

that surge tank is awesome, how close the lines/pump get to the hot diff? neat fit under there, love it.

that bonds cage looks alright for clearance.. youre a tall fella... dont bump helmet on the side bar?

Vid from back in Feb. of Sam running away from me in the lead at lakeside before getting flagged :

Yeah, i thought it was about time. my head is hard up against the cage padding. it is a bit annoying but not much i can do about it. did you decide what you're doing with your cage yet?

Yeah, i thought it was about time. my head is hard up against the cage padding. it is a bit annoying but not much i can do about it. did you decide what you're doing with your cage yet?

Can u lower your seat any more ?

Nah, seat is on superlow rails already, I don't think there's room to lower more without losing the sliders. I am 6'5 though...

Almost finished the shocks today at work, I remember why I got out of boilermaking now, welding and grinding sux. All the welding is done and they are half assembled, should be completely finished tomorrow.

Cal, the surge tank has a fair bit of clearance from the diff, the photo makes it look closer than it is. Undercar is definately a better solution if you can make it fit.

Edited by sc s15

I remember why I got out of boilermaking now, welding and grinding sux.

i completely understand where your coming from

Sign in to follow this