Sign in to follow this  
earlyreflections

Counter-Strike Global Offensive

Hey guys,

Any here going to be pre-ordering CS:GO? Out August 22nd - if you pre-order now you save 10%.

I was a big fan of CS 1.3-1.6 and played it for years but have lost interest since source came out, what are your thoughts?

Probably going to pre-order it tonight. It's looking good.

You get access to the beta on Aug 14th when you pre-order as well.

i only got into it when a friend showed me source, and i loved that shit.. i don't have a pc now that would be capable of playing a new CS, only shitty laptops, so depending on the reception it gets it might be an expensive game for me to buy..

I def's will though.. many nights have been lost playing Dust 2 ;)

Currently downloading... will play tomorrow after uni. Never got into CS cos i lived in the sticks with a pox internet connection but when i played i liked it. Have a feeling ill get pwned hard though.

Skill ceiling seems to be on the floor compared to source, once people migrate though I'm sure it'll be fine. Game itself is fine, it's funny seeing people who haven't played a CS game before trying to get used to no iron sights and knives not being instakill :P

can you instakill people with the knife one shot in the back still?? one round i killed 5 people by charging up through a and getting around to the back of the Terrorists... it was AWESOME!!!

btw CT's ftw.. ;)

Played it... fairly noob as expected but still having heaps of fun with it. Once you start learning the maps a little it becomes a LOT easier. Kinda remember a few from the little CS id played before.

Ive had beta since December last year but barely touched it until now, there are a few things they need to bring back (silencers) but other than that its pretty fun although i wish the maps were CS:S rather than 1.6

can you instakill people with the knife one shot in the back still?? one round i killed 5 people by charging up through a and getting around to the back of the Terrorists... it was AWESOME!!!

btw CT's ftw.. wink.png

Yeah you can, it feels easier for some reason haha.

Don't really enjoy CS GO still similar to Source, very random gameplay, hitboxes are rubbish and recoil is terrible as well. Map designs need to be revamped imo the way the game is currently, it will never be a serious competitive shooter it will end up the same as Source did.

This doesn't come anywhere near what CS 1.6 is I hope CS Pro mod comes through with the goods soon and we can all switch to that.

^ Seconded. AWP is op as f**k and the headshots feel random as hell. Definitely too spray friendly to be taken seriously.

Started playing, mixed thoughts...

I like it because it's classic gameplay that isn't overloaded with crap like levelling up for a better weapon and calling in choppers

Although at the same time I feel FPS games where you level up etc have set the bar too high and can make CS seem boring

alright computer peeps.. how good are the graphics and gameplay and whatnot??

like, i currently do not have a pc since my last desktop shit itself and i can essentially get laptops from work for free, and since i had stopped playing CS i just stuck to the laptops.. im now pretty keen to go out and buy CS GO, how good of a computer do i need to play it??

also, dont tell me i need forfty gigahertz with 10 terrabyters and whatever...

just say,

real good pc

good pc

normal

shit

That is all.. :)

It looks like shit on Xbox lol. I thought it was a new cs not a source port to Xbox. I am disappoint!

It's Source so you should be fine on a 'normal' PC. (of course, assuming that your standards are close to mine)

Mixed opinions from me. Good as it keeps cs going, shit because it is essentially nothing like the original through to 1.6/CZ.

Too complicated, random 'spray' shooting rather than user skill that you had/needed in pre Source versions.

Its too much like COD for my liking.

It's Source so you should be fine on a 'normal' PC. (of course, assuming that your standards are close to mine)

wait, are you talking about source, or GO? or are they essentially the same thing??

Everyone is whining about spraying, but that's bs. If you use your skill you'll beat someone spraying 80% of the time close/mid range.

Everyone is whining about spraying, but that's bs. If you use your skill you'll beat someone spraying 80% of the time close/mid range.

You learnt that pretty quick back in the day, just 1 good placed shot from an AK will guarantee the kill vs hitting the sky about 29 times and shooting them in the foot.

The main problem I had with Source was you could hit them 5 times for 99 damage with your mp5/ump and they'd shoot you once in the foot with say a desert eagle and you'd die. That made me mad.

Is there any way to change up the Offline, or custom matches to allow more round or team players? 6 rounds and 6 each team seems like fuxk all, i remember the games that went all night back at the good old internet cafes,5 hours of good old aztec, when i was 12 lol

You learnt that pretty quick back in the day, just 1 good placed shot from an AK will guarantee the kill vs hitting the sky about 29 times and shooting them in the foot.

The main problem I had with Source was you could hit them 5 times for 99 damage with your mp5/ump and they'd shoot you once in the foot with say a desert eagle and you'd die. That made me mad.

i used to love flashing short a when the other team where in there, then charging in with a p90 and spraying at like head height and getting like 3/4 headshots.. people used to rage hard hahahahaha

but best combo by far is desert eagle and scout.. man i love my scout :D

It's doesn't come close to 1.6 but it is a lot better than source.

I find the hitboxes to be spot on, rego is the best I've seen in years too.

Pissed off they've tried to make it more cod/noob friendly though,

way too many similarities to cod for it to be coincidence and every two

fukn minutes a noob chucks up a vote for one reason or another -

if it wasn't in the menu and they had stuck with the old commands this

would not happen.

That been said they'll be fixing a lot of stuff over the next few months too even

though the game is officially released.

wait, are you talking about source, or GO? or are they essentially the same thing??

GO uses the source engine, so it's not a significant step up.

sick as.. i'll just get a normalish one then..

does everyone still just play Dust 2?? ahahahha, that and random gungames on random maps, but dust 2 is the shiznit in my eyes.. ;)

completely forgot about this. Worth getting?

Played from 1.5 to CS:S. I'm probably one of the very few that say this but CZ is still my favourite version of the game.