Sign in to follow this  
SL33PR

Street/daily tyre reviews

KU31s are cheap and stick well. or get whatever those federals are that people bang on about, I think they are cheaper.

Yeah I've had the federals on the front as steerers and was disappointed big time mostly in the wet if your trying to slide a bit lol...

Broke another lap record on bald rsrs (front only) they seem to offer great grip from new to the very end :)

I USE 595 RSR all round for the street - weekend car mainly. so can afford the softer tire..

they are not too bad in the wet, and hook up well in the dry.

i want to give the re11 a go next,

i used to have re001 and compared the the cheaper softer compund of hte 595RSR - i would have to say i would never go back to a "high peformance summer" tire.

anything under 200 UTG (what ever the softness rating is) should peform prety awesome for street applications, - just expect the tires to wear quickly and cost a bit more ;).

my cousins 300+awkw evo9 has advan ad08's on it.

the thing is f**k scary quick, with no chance of any tire spin in the dry - not really a fair comparison,,, but he rates the tires lol

just got myself nexen n6000 $145 fitted and balance for the front and rotalla at $99 fitted and balanced tyres for the rear will write as to how they go when i get a bit more use on them

I see a few comments about Re002's from 2012, are they still considered good? They are the only non china brand tyre ive driven on.

235/40/18 for $215 from the dealer which seems like good value.

Edited by Junny

MAYBE THE smaller sidewalls would offer a better tire,

however,

on stock rims i found those adrenalin / re001/re002 tires rubish over the years...

205/55/16

they weared well,

they took the wet and dry ok for a relativley stock car.

but the sidewall flex was the killer, it was scary overtakign at 100, f**king car felt like it was floating and swaying all over the road - for that mear reason alone, i will never buy re001 again.

but i like the direct feel, stiff sidewall for my weekend driven car :)

RE002 has been pretty good. Bought in the first place of a 4 for the price of 3 deal, pretty fking cheap so figured I couldn't really go wrong considering they're regarded quite well and my fronts were f**king dead so shit was dangerous. In terms of daily duties, seem to last a while, wet performance is excellent - I've run thru the hills when it was bucketing down and felt very controlled at the limit. They're also predictable in dry conditions but a *little* floppy, probably a forgiving sidewall or something. But I'm running 16s so could be that!

Edited by Skepticism

just got myself nexen n6000 $145 fitted and balance for the front and rotalla at $99 fitted and balanced tyres for the rear will write as to how they go when i get a bit more use on them

I suggest after you finish the set, get some real tyres.. those tyres are horrid.. especially those dim ones at the rear.