Sign in to follow this  
SRS13

WTAC 2012 - Live Timing & Chat

Yesterday was even quieter when you can only watch the live timing. They really should add a timestamp to the fastest lap as minimum.

The Nemo car is crazy. Soon WTAC is going to look like Pike's Peak. I wish they had rules stating that the central monocoque must be maintained and rules limiting the number and position of wings. The MCA car is as about as wild as I'd like the aero to get except for the front wing. It's too wide. Despite that the MCA car is my favourite followed by Scorch.

The MCA car also switched to double A-arms this year which is very cool. (or at least A-arm uppers).

IMG_2547.jpg

Edited by K-Style

So what happened with cyber? The engine catched on fire after powertune did an all nighter, not enought details f**king shits me.

Yesterday was even quieter when you can only watch the live timing. They really should add a timestamp to the fastest lap as minimum.

The Nemo car is crazy. Soon WTAC is going to look like Pike's Peak. I wish they had rules stating that the central monocoque must be maintained and rules limiting the number and position of wings. The MCA car is as about as wild as I'd like the aero to get except for the front wing. It's too wide. Despite that the MCA car is my favourite followed by Scorch.

The MCA car also switched to double A-arms this year which is very cool. (or at least A-arm uppers).

IMG_2547.jpg

this is why roll center plays an important role, mca and scorcher owners understand that lowering the vehicle will stuff up handling, even not knowing what mca had I new they could not go this fast without modified pivoting.

cyber evo has no chance this year, I think the even has already been won.

What do I tells ya f**king Nostradamus lol

Well proven formula they have got there. :thumb:

Better luck next year. :naughty:

Really, could Tilton have gone that quick?? Would have been great to see.

well when you consider their top speed was almost 50kph fast than nemo's and then think about how much of a bitch it would have been to pedal a ~900hp FWD around the corners, I reckon they had a good chance if it were running properly. Nemo was the best car on the day though, can't argue with that.

Although nemo was fast, if u saw tilton hit the straight, there car accelrated so quick my mind was blown.

There car looked so fast down the straight I could not believe it. Surprised they didn't win really. Nemo looked quite slow but rather elegant thru the corners.

The best place to be is on top of the pits at the braking section so you can hear all the carbon get munched by Tarmac lol.

Ps dissapointed the people A. Were dropping shit into pitlane and B. That people are so f'n lazy to walk to a bin.

Oh and C. To the fact that I constantly saw people butting out smokes around the grounds.

Seriously some people are pathetic.

Ps go chasers evo, 21yr old driver, his own car + lots of money + chasers help = 2nd in open class. He didn't need a pro driver and did faster times than pro class cars.

If anybody has any pics of the top cars please post them up.

MCA S13, Scorch and Suttons S15 pics would be great!

Here are some of mine from the event.

Yep, that last one now appears to be the official team photo :)

sCIMG9274.jpg

sCIMG9263.jpg

sCIMG8974.jpg

sCIMG8968.jpg

sCIMG9124.jpg

sCIMG8952.jpg

IMG_2547.jpg

I would love more pictures of this modification. Very interesting to see how much it improves lap times and the overall feel of the vehicle.

Would love to be able to have less aggressive camber on the front and still manage huge front tyres.

At the moment to get good turn in, running -3.5 camber which feels good however in addition to 9 degrees caster and -2 toe, tyres just don't last.

Edited by Peter89

Thanks Dumhed - wow I didn't see the Sutton's S15 at all. It looks very impressive, but would'nt expect anything less. Any detail on the driveline set-up, power etc - heard it has some crazy super rare Nismo head!!!

What about JET200 Andrew H - no update from you on how the event went?

Sorry guys. Quiet from me ( weird right? ) as my wife gave birth on Thursday after 60 hours of labour and I spent more time at the hospital than the event over the weekend. Brought our daughter home on Sunday.

I'll have an article on our website later this week and we'll be making a video promo this week too as well as making pre orders of our WTAC DVD available from our online store.

We have so much footage! And its awesome. over 200 on-board laps too!

The car ran pretty good, but a drama on Saturday was going to be too hard with me not there, a trade stand to run and a film crew to run! Made for an interesting story. We're doing docco on the car in the DVD too.

I would love more pictures of this modification. Very interesting to see how much it improves lap times and the overall feel of the vehicle.

Would love to be able to have less aggressive camber on the front and still manage huge front tyres.

At the moment to get good turn in, running -3.5 camber which feels good however in addition to 9 degrees caster and -2 toe, tyres just don't last.

I just noticed the Ikeya Formula lower arm in the photo I put up before. Here's some more photos:

IMG_2281.jpg

IMG_2542.jpg

http://mcablog.com/?p=204

Sorry guys. Quiet from me ( weird right? ) as my wife gave birth on Thursday after 60 hours of labour and I spent more time at the hospital than the event over the weekend. Brought our daughter home on Sunday.

I'll have an article on our website later this week and we'll be making a video promo this week too as well as making pre orders of our WTAC DVD available from our online store.

We have so much footage! And its awesome. over 200 on-board laps too!

The car ran pretty good, but a drama on Saturday was going to be too hard with me not there, a trade stand to run and a film crew to run! Made for an interesting story. We're doing docco on the car in the DVD too.

Massive congrats on the baby - hope you are all doing well!

Congratulations on your baby girl and welcome to parenthood! Priorities will change, but it's pretty cool being a Dad.

Well done for WTAC as well. Car looked good and set some quick times.

Thanks dude. Its been great since we got her home.

We didn't get to do as many laps as we would have hope. Oil down meant Boz got one real lap on Saturday with a 37.8. We changed the entire front brakes on Sat morning and the first lap was the 37.1 but next lap, something in the rear end let go. Either diff bearing, or shaft. Not major but the vibration it caused in 5th and 6th would have done more damage. With everything going on ( trade stand, film crew for DVD and wife at the hospital ) I decided to pull the pin and save it for later as I was happy with the times, especailly considering Boz did 4 laps all weekend in it!

Is there more in it? Of course there is. How much? Not sure but 35s is the goal.

More important things to worry about for now.

Will do full review on our website soon

Congrats on the baby Andrew and well done on the times the car has done.

Would really like to see you taking over the driving though and having a good crack yourself rather then chucking the keys to Bozman. Be good to see your name at the top of the times with you driving it and i am sure more personally satisfying.

Without having run on the new track but seeing some recent footage, I would think that it is faster than 0.3 seconds.

The changes appear to be;

• looks to be an increased exit on turn 3 (might be wrong here)
  • definite increased exit on turn 5
  • removal of turn 7, making a quicker turn 6
  • increased exit on the old turn 9

I dont know how much quicker but I would say at least 0.5 second quicker and more!?

Having just watched a few video's of the old track I must correct myself;

• looks to be an increased exit on turn 3 (might be wrong here) - no extra track but seems to be resurfaced
  • definite increased exit on turn 5 - no extra track but once again seems to be resurfaced
  • removal of turn 7, making a quicker turn 6 - yes, we all know the change
  • increased exit on the old turn 9 - slightly extra track and definitely resurfaced

The main differences really seem to be only removal of turn 7 and expansion of exit on turn 9. As has been stated this probably has quickened the track by 0.3 - 0.5 of a second but not much more.

Really makes the times run at WTAC very very impressive!

Congrats on the baby Andrew and well done on the times the car has done.

Would really like to see you taking over the driving though and having a good crack yourself rather then chucking the keys to Bozman. Be good to see your name at the top of the times with you driving it and i am sure more personally satisfying.

The whole idea is Boz gets the time and gives feedback and i drive it for fun while Im still learning to get 100% out of it

I wasn't at the event after lunch both days and after 7 hours sleep in 4 days ( was a long labour ) and a baby arriving the day before, I wasn't in the right place to drive properly, so I just took it out to test everything worked.

Once we fix the rear end, I'll be driving it for the rest of the year

Kemp. what happened with the catch can thing you were saying was the cause with the cyber car? saying rear main seal on the wta site now. was it a combination of both.and more?

blocked catch can will cause the crankcase pressure to increase and blow the rear main seal.

There are an interesting amount of standard, or close to standard, parts on the Scorch S15.

Under's philosophy is to only change things if it makes the car faster.

The rear end has standard suspension arms apart from the toe rods.

Drive shafts are standard

diff cover is standard

swaybar is standard or at least factory design, non adjustable

swaybar links and bushes appear to be standard

Front lower control arms are modified standard ones (with rose joint inner)

steering arms appear to be standard

front swaybar looks standard, or close to, and is non adjustable

brake booster setup is standard, using a BM50 master cylinder

ignition coils are standard S15 items

rear bumper is standard, but hacked up :P

gearbox breather catch can is a juice bottle

Here are some snaps I got at the event.

IMG_9558-1.jpg

IMG_9560.jpg

IMG_9561.jpg

IMG_9563.jpg

IMG_9565.jpg

IMG_9567.jpg

IMG_9569.jpg

IMG_9572.jpg

IMG_9573.jpg

IMG_9576.jpg

IMG_9579.jpg

IMG_9582.jpg

IMG_9583.jpg

IMG_9584.jpg

IMG_9585.jpg

IMG_9589.jpg

IMG_9590.jpg

IMG_9592.jpg

IMG_9593.jpg

IMG_9594.jpg

IMG_9596.jpg

IMG_9597.jpg

IMG_9599.jpg

IMG_9602.jpg

IMG_9603.jpg

IMG_9604.jpg

IMG_9606.jpg

IMG_9607.jpg

IMG_9608.jpg

IMG_9609.jpg

IMG_9610.jpg

IMG_9612.jpg

IMG_9613.jpg

IMG_9614.jpg

IMG_9615.jpg

IMG_9617.jpg

IMG_9621.jpg

IMG_9622.jpg

IMG_9623.jpg

IMG_9624.jpg

IMG_9625.jpg

IMG_9632-1.jpg

IMG_9633-1.jpg

IMG_9638-1.jpg

IMG_9639-1.jpg

IMG_9645.jpg

IMG_9646.jpg

IMG_9647.jpg

IMG_9648.jpg

IMG_9649.jpg

IMG_9652-1.jpg

IMG_9656.jpg

IMG_9661.jpg

IMG_9664.jpg

IMG_9667.jpg

IMG_9671.jpg

IMG_9678.jpg

IMG_9679.jpg

IMG_9680-1.jpg

IMG_9684-1.jpg

IMG_9685-1.jpg

IMG_9686-1.jpg

IMG_9687-1.jpg

IMG_9688-1.jpg

IMG_9692.jpg

IMG_9696.jpg

IMG_9698.jpg

IMG_9702.jpg

IMG_9705.jpg

IMG_9707.jpg

IMG_9708.jpg

You completely agree with what you are saying here. I think this is going to be a challenge for the WTAC organiser to find that balance. I am not taking credits away from the creator of some of these cars however they are looking more like a sports sedan than the EVO, WRX, S-Series that we are driving. As more of these cars are going that way, more of us are going loss the feeling of relevancy and eventually lose interest all together.

Worse still all it takes is for someone who is smart and exploit the rule by doing something like using a sport sedan chassis and putting an engine that is eligible or how about a Radical with more power?

Soon WTAC is going to lose that "grass root" feel to it and since the track action is not the most exciting either the whole concept going to be in an interesting space. Now I have not even mention safety.....

This is just my 2 cents, I could be completely wrong and find WTAC continues to be successful just like Pikes Peak.

Edited by WOY

Grass roots feel? For me, the attraction is the fastest, craziest cars pushing the fastest times. If I wanted a grass roots feel I would just go to a club day at a local track. Which I wouldn't really go to, hence my point.

WTAC needs crazy and different and individual as long as it is safe. This is inherently what it has to be or it will die. It doesn't have a lot else going for it if the crazy fast cars and track records being smashed isn't there.

Otherwise it becomes another racing series in controls, but without the racing.

^^ Excellent photo's Cabs!!! Top job mate, they would be the sort of photo's I'd take also!!!

I love the Pro Class cars - they blow my mind! But the Clubsprint cars and rules are a joke.

How can street registered cars run diffuser's, canards, front splitters etc. To the average spectator, it's hard to work out which are the club cars, open or pro cars lol!!!

Grass roots feel? For me, the attraction is the fastest, craziest cars pushing the fastest times. If I wanted a grass roots feel I would just go to a club day at a local track. Which I wouldn't really go to, hence my point. WTAC needs crazy and different and individual as long as it is safe. This is inherently what it has to be or it will die. It doesn't have a lot else going for it if the crazy fast cars and track records being smashed isn't there. Otherwise it becomes another racing series in controls, but without the racing.

Quoted for truth.

Agreed

I think Pro Class is freakin awesome and if dudes want to spend huge cash, great! I'll film it and enjoy it.

But Open and Clubsprint need further regulating to keep it attractive to the average time attack racer. I've heard that the rules are being overhauled for next year.

Open needs aero regulations added and Clubsprint just needs to be stricter

Hopefully they're released in the very near future cause people need plenty of time to comply with them. Thanks Nismoman they were more for reference than arty ones :P