Sign in to follow this  
matt_s15NVS86

please help... S15 wont start... it turns but wont fire...

hey guys wad driving the car today.. and it surged twice like just had no power... now it wont start it turns over but wont fire..

can i get some opinons of what it could be please cheers

I know it's an obvious one but did it run out of petrol?

Edited by liberate

lol nah i never let it go below a quarter of a tsnk so it doesnt pick up ne crud and its got half a tank in it now??? what a pain on a friday arvo...

Obvious things - add 5L fuel, make sure immobiliser is 100% disabled, check battery terminals are clean, try starting car with jumper leads connected to the battery from another car.

Disconnect fuel line at the FPR, place in glass/ceramic container, turn on car, check fuel is pouring into container, turn off, reconnect line, make molatov.

No fuel in container means a bad pump, empty tank, blocked fuel filter, fried relay.

Disconnect fuel pump relay, remove spark plugs, insert into coil packs, connect a jumber lead to the thread and the other end to the negative battery terminal, position the tip of the plug away from the chassis, crank car and check for a spark, repeat for all plugs.

well the basics is is it getting fuel and spark?

see if you hear the pump priming and/or dissconect the line to see if petrol is getting pumoped

take plugs out and see if there sparking

youve then got all teh other stuff like CAS and AFM ect

all good with car it started my mate saif its probably the cam crank sensor...where can i get a good tune in mackay or townsville...