Sign in to follow this  
Downsie

r32 Daily Driver

Got my new daily r32 skyline, standard Rb20det. on my P's, going to get an exemption. keen to start doing a few things to it

bcbcf4f6.jpg

MOD LIST

3'' turbo back exhaust

Front mount intercooler

Upgrade radiator

Body kit

Coil overs

Deatchwerks pump + injectors

Commordore MSD coil pack setup (done by my brother)

Kinugawa bolt on turbo (running 21.75 psi)

Front facing plenum

Gktech hydro handbrake kit

Clear indicators

Big stainless gear knob (made it myself)

Greddy E-manage ultimate ecu

Innovate air/fuel gauge

Battery in boot

advice and opinions are wanted! :thumbsup:

Edited by Downsie

why forward facing intake manifold?

And this is why you don't let other people drive your cars! :hammer:

60276265.jpg

Other than that, cars going well! thing loves the cool weather, thinking of taking it to the drags on Saturday to see what time it'll run

Edited by Downsie

cams are also a waste of money on an rb20 lol will make it even more of a slug to drive

Edited by R32GTRS

And this is why you don't let other people drive your cars! hammer.gif

60276265.jpg

Other than that, cars going well! thing loves the cool weather, thinking of taking it to the drags on Saturday to see what time it'll run

LOL how did that happen?

And this is why you don't let other people drive your cars! :hammer:60276265.jpg Other than that, cars going well! thing loves the cool weather, thinking of taking it to the drags on Saturday to see what time it'll run
LOL how did that happen?
let dad have a drive, thinking he was Paul Walker, upped it in first round a corner snapped second sliding and lost it straight off the road into a small ditch, ripped the front straight apart :( lucky it came with a spare standard bumper for it hahaha

cams are also a waste of money on an rb20 lol will make it even more of a slug to drive
would it really? i just wanna get cheap power out of it

why forward facing intake manifold?

Just want less pipes going everywhere, look a bit tidier

And this is why you don't let other people drive your cars! hammer.gif60276265.jpg Other than that, cars going well! thing loves the cool weather, thinking of taking it to the drags on Saturday to see what time it'll run
LOL how did that happen?
let dad have a drive, thinking he was Paul Walker, upped it in first round a corner snapped second sliding and lost it straight off the road into a small ditch, ripped the front straight apart sad.png lucky it came with a spare standard bumper for it hahaha

HAHAHA what was his response after he did all that?

And this is why you don't let other people drive your cars! :hammer:60276265.jpg Other than that, cars going well! thing loves the cool weather, thinking of taking it to the drags on Saturday to see what time it'll run
LOL how did that happen?
let dad have a drive, thinking he was Paul Walker, upped it in first round a corner snapped second sliding and lost it straight off the road into a small ditch, ripped the front straight apart :( lucky it came with a spare standard bumper for it hahaha

HAHAHA what was his response after he did all that?

Just kept Saying sorry when i was going off haha recons he'll pay for it lol not a nice feeling being in the passenger seat of your own car when its sliding off the road :/ hahahaha

cams arnt the way to go about it. 20's are pigs as it is. just aim for a reliable 200 - 250kw and call it a day. cheap power would be slapping on something like a ebay special kinugawa turbo or even rb25 turbo, gtr injectors +resistor pack, boost t or something along those lines.

I had hks 25/30 turbo, greddy profec EBC front mount and exhaust made 205rwkw. More then enough to skid around on

cams arnt the way to go about it. 20's are pigs as it is. just aim for a reliable 200 - 250kw and call it a day. cheap power would be slapping on something like a ebay special kinugawa turbo or even rb25 turbo, gtr injectors +resistor pack, boost t or something along those lines.

slide industries offer a top mount manifold, 38mm waste gate and their GT35r turbo for 1200 delivered, ill post a photo up, think thats reasonable?

go kinugawa td06-20g 8cm

so good on rb20 for like 240+kw and only like 700 new

Edited by astorey

go kinugawa td06-20g 8cm

so good on rb20 for like 240+kw and only like 700 new

is it pretty safe to buy it from over seas?

never heard of slide industries. chances are the manifold and gate are china made crap for that price though.dont go too big turbo wise on the 20, you should be aiming for response imo

read the kinugawa thread, seem to be a good cheap turbo for people on a budget after cheap power.

Edited by R32GTRS

never heard of slide industries. chances are the manifold and gate are china made crap for that price though.dont go too big turbo wise on the 20, you should be aiming for response imo

read the kinugawa thread, seem to be a good cheap turbo for people on a budget after cheap power.

not really on a budget, just don't have a good performance shop where i live, so i was just going to go with ebay gear, would rather have a good set up just dont know where to go for it

if you can do the work yourself you can get anything your heart desires online. stay clear of the cheap shit then if you can help it. but saying that theres only so much people generally spend on rb20's.. they are just good thrashers. if you want usable power probably best to upgrade but youll need to do your research. theyre a good engine but serve a purpose.

Edited by R32GTRS

if you can do the work yourself you can get anything your heart desires online. stay clear of the cheap shit then if you can help it. but saying that theres only so much people generally spend on rb20's.. they are just good thrashers. if you want usable power probably best to upgrade but youll need to do your research. theyre a good engine but serve a purpose.

yeah i know what you mean, id rather have a 25 in it, but i have to put up with the 20 while I'm on my P plates :/ just have to do what i can with it for another two years, i got a lot to learn though

Got a GReddy E manage ultimate for the 32

8aa82af3.jpg

decided it try find a good place to hide it.. turned into quite a bit of a mess! :thumb:

2ce2d3f2.jpg

managed to get it in the back there some how, hope theyll never find it hahaha

35180626.jpg

dash back on, took hours and hours to get it bolted in and back together half neat

8849ea64.jpg

Everything back in, turbo timer wont work now, and it just doesnt seem to running real well when i get up it. need proper tune up!

Got my exemption yesterday aswell, mad fun being the quickest P plater in my town :thumbsup:

e2bf1c0d.jpg

Edited by Downsie

just a question, has anyone raced an rb20 32 against a ba xr6 turbo or smiliar xr6 turbo?? i raced one last night and it couldn't even beat me. we were pretty much the same! was shocked, if mine had of been runing proper i would have beat it by far easy

work exemption or?

nah, power to weight ratio exemption, its deadly, just have to drive round with the piece of paper

standard xr6 would lose because it weighs like 14 tonnes. But simple flash tune/FMIC/injectors they run like 400kw, so silly.

And yeah, it is kinda funny being able to drive r32 on p's, i still feel like it's wrong.

Edited by astorey

work exemption or?

nah, power to weight ratio exemption, its deadly, just have to drive round with the piece of paper

aus wide?

Nah QLD has 125kw/tonne, think Vic is 115kw/tonne or something (r32's are banned you can check on DOT website in vic i was having a look), nsw'ers get boned SA can do whatever da f**k dey wantttt same with WA i think.

Nah QLD has 125kw/tonne, think Vic is 115kw/tonne or something (r32's are banned you can check on DOT website in vic i was having a look), nsw'ers get boned SA can do whatever da f**k dey wantttt same with WA i think.

Na SA guys cant drive turbos unless their on an exemption list which no nissan is. i get hasseld in a NA s13 with an exhaust.

funny bout ya dad though, same thing happened to my dad in my bros 32 except there was no damage.

Na SA guys cant drive turbos unless their on an exemption list which no nissan is. i get hasseld in a NA s13 with an exhaust.

funny bout ya dad though, same thing happened to my dad in my bros 32 except there was no damage.

yeah wish SA had a power to weight ratio exemption.. cant drive shit here on your P's

Edited by SpotMan