Sign in to follow this  
the_moose

Blast pipes

Looking at getting a set of blast pipes as I need a new exhaust made up.

So who has them and where did you get them and how much for?

I would be interested in a set also :)

Trent got a rough quote off powertone for some custom made ones, around $380 from memory.

Since I'm bored, I might look for some see what I can find.

moss,

Just got a quote back from east cost customs and they can do them for $220 in mild steel or $330 for stainless, 3 inch straight through pipes with either straight or offset exits. Also messaged a guy here on ns that did some custom ones last year, I'll see what he says.

If there are more people interested we might be able to do a group buy and get a discount cheap postage or something.

ISIS off the shelf catback system. $250. Problem is there American so freight could kill it, and they dont ship outside the states normally. Theres a 4" system on there too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/89-94-Nissan-240SX-S13-ISIS-Performance-EP-Straight-Pipes-Dual-Tips-3-Exhaust-/251074393959?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a75333767&vxp=mtr

In aus nothing much, few systems on eBay for cheap but all with canons.

Is that full catback or just the rear section? Might be hard to get a group buy of a rear section if we all have different exhausts and flanges.I was thinking of getting this for mine and then hacking the canon off and and getting blast pipes put on. I know a guy who works there, perhaps I could ask if they'll make them straight up with blast pipes instead of the canon tip?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NISSAN-S13-180sx-CA18-SR20-STAINLESS-STEEL-CATBACK-CAT-BACK-TURBO-EXHAUST-SYSTEM-/251012468178?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a71824dd2

This guy seems to have some good looking pipes at a really good price. He says he can do a set to custom specs if needed.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TWIN-DRIFT-EXHAUST-TAIL-PIPES-BLAST-PIPES-POLISHED-HIGH-GRADE-STAINLESS-STEEL-3-/300762465500?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4606d704dc

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TWIN-DRIFT-EXHAUST-TAIL-PIPES-BLAST-PIPES-HIGH-GRADE-STAINLESS-STEEL-3-/300765562827?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item46070647cb

3 inch to twin 2.5 inch looks the best I think. If you're interested in test fitting a pair, I've got a pair of 3 inch dinged up ones you can dummy fit, they just don't have a flange.

Edited by _R_J_K_

If Nick texts me the pic I'll post it up regardless. Thats for the S14 hey Nick? I can barely remember them they looked pretty cool.

All these ebay stores seem to be very pricey for a flange welded to some straight pipes in my opinion, I mean its not exactly a .

I'm talking to my mate about the KLS system, see how we go on that. Cos I'm thinking this would be in the 400 dollar range for a full cat back exhaust system we can all put on our S13s.

A test fit would be great, just to see whether we like the size of the tips :)

BTW Im thinking something like this:

n5rcba.jpg

2ljmkjk.jpg

This is another style (Dart Izumi style I've been told)

Send nathan89 a PM. He has some that are only few months old he may be selling.

I have a full 3inch catback custom made with blast pipes. Full stainless steel with a 3inch resinator. Up for sale if your interested. I am in Melbourne but happy to organise poatage.

fit on my s15 perfect and is very loud but sounds awesome. they are also angled to the left but can be changed to whatever you like. pm or sms me 0430557703

Edited by Nathan89

moss,

Just got a quote back from east cost customs and they can do them for $220 in mild steel or $330 for stainless, 3 inch straight through pipes with either straight or offset exits. Also messaged a guy here on ns that did some custom ones last year, I'll see what he says.

If there are more people interested we might be able to do a group buy and get a discount cheap postage or something.

I can match that price.

E-mail me if anyone is interested:

roy@powatone.com.au

Edited by Powatone

Never understood the obsession people have with blast pipes. No extra benefit and a bad price-point (not having a shot at sellers).

Even with the occasional mandrel bend welded in, a continuous straight pipe is far cheaper, flows better, tucks better and sounds just as loud.

If I were going down the muffler-free path, I'd just go plain mild steel straight pipe, add some mandrel bends to raise the tip up, then fab an enclosed trim piece for the rear bar that would integrate the pipe, kinda like the new Type-R Civic or R35. Weld mounts and reposition the tow hook to somewhere more easily accessed.

Edited by pmod

If Nick texts me the pic I'll post it up regardless. Thats for the S14 hey Nick? I can barely remember them they looked pretty cool. All these ebay stores seem to be very pricey for a flange welded to some straight pipes in my opinion, I mean its not exactly a . I'm talking to my mate about the KLS system, see how we go on that. Cos I'm thinking this would be in the 400 dollar range for a full cat back exhaust system we can all put on our S13s. A test fit would be great, just to see whether we like the size of the tips :) BTW Im thinking something like this: n5rcba.jpg

havent fitted them yet! will try get a picture tonight. you can test fit them if you want before i get a flange made for it james?

Looking at getting a set of blast pipes as I need a new exhaust made up.

So who has them and where did you get them and how much for?

PowerTune are doing custom made exhaust systems now. The quality of their work is second to none. Kemp will be able to make up the blast pipes for you. See this thread guys:

http://nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=522255

yep, i like... wont attract any cop attention at all tongue.png

... when you're parked.

Never understood the obsession people have with blast pipes.

I thought it was obvious....

worth at least 50rwkw and gives you hectic street cred

Never understood the obsession people have with blast pipes.

gives you hectic street cred

For being loud lol hahaha DO IT!!!!!