Sign in to follow this  
slidwaz

Turbo tune or Boost works for nistune remap?

Mate wants his Ca18det comp remapped and to get a turbo tech boost tee installed.. Who to contact.. Used to see Jeff at the speed lab.. Don't know if he ever went back to work though. How much would or should he expect to pay? Cheers guys

What the car has: s13 Silvia : ca18det, full zorst turbo back, T28(bushy), small fmic and pod

Stock fuel pump and injectors. Question he asked me was with those mods plus boost tee to 12psi and remapp of comp to get most out of it... Would he get close to 150rwkw wih stock pump and injectors? He has spend all his coin on sus mods brakes steering etc just wanted a little extra poke.. Car is going to be used for daily and occasional track days... What you guys think.. I advised him to at least upgrade the fuel pump but yeah what do you guys think?

Edited by slidwaz

Who would you use ? Both are roughly the same price.. Any info on results or experiences... Even other tuners that you would recommend in sa..

cheers peeps

Edited by slidwaz

every one that mentions anyone on here will have good/bad stories and such.

personally. cant go past decs/garage 7. never had an issue with them!

every one that mentions anyone on here will have good/bad stories and such.

personally. cant go past decs/garage 7. never had an issue with them!

+1

Michael did the Nisstune for my car. I was aiming for 180rwkw. He netted me 242.3rwkw on a safe tune. Rough costs were $600 to set up nisstune, and that again for tuning/dyno time from memory, I did have some other things done whilst it was there like setting up my boost controller. so maybe even less

Michael has worked on a few of my cars. Very upfront about everything that he does/is going to do, Top bloke. Id recommend his services at Turbo Tune.

decs at garage 7 for sure... i wouldnt let anyone else near my cars!

boost worx

Sean tunes my track car as well as most of my mates with good results.

Nisstune + tune + sorting a few other issues out was 750 last time i went there

Michael did the Nisstune for my car. I was aiming for 180rwkw. He netted me 242.3rwkw on a safe tune. Rough costs were $600 to set up nisstune, and that again for tuning/dyno time from memory, I did have some other things done whilst it was there like setting up my boost controller. so maybe even less

Michael has worked on a few of my cars. Very upfront about everything that he does/is going to do, Top bloke. Id recommend his services at Turbo Tune.

You still got the S12 Will.??

Another +1 for Decs but most people will be able to look after you, I feel a few problems many tuners have is the cars brought to them.

Ive been using turbo tune for years. Michael knows his stuff great service and honest!!! Think its around the 900 mark these days correct me if im wrong... Give him a call and he will answer all ur questions...

+1!! How is Ur tuff s12 going ???

Another +1 for Decs but most people will be able to look after you, I feel a few problems many tuners have is the cars brought to them.

Hey Brent, I do buddy. I drove it to the Old skool new age show in May. t'was a good day out for me and the car.

Hey Christiannn. its still the same but more dusty. Looking at registering it for 3 months and see if I cant get it defected during the warmer months. Dont think I should have too much trouble :P

turbo tune has just about the worst reputation for a automotive workshop in SA. shaun at boostworx's knows his shit, definitely recommend his work, also recommend decs at garage7, the cece at jaustech, there's also a few other great shops around SA, turbo tune isn't one of them.

Edited by nisskid

Jaustech +1.

Tuned my S14a.

Couldnt say anything bad about them.

Good price, very quick and the guys know their SR's

Hey Brent, I do buddy. I drove it to the Old skool new age show in May. t'was a good day out for me and the car.

Hey Christiannn. its still the same but more dusty. Looking at registering it for 3 months and see if I cant get it defected during the warmer months. Dont think I should have too much trouble :P

Nice . Keen as to see it crusing the streets. If u get rego let me know keen as to meet up and go for a cruise!!!!

turbo tune has just about the worst reputation for a automotive workshop in SA. shaun at boostworx's knows his shit, definitely recommend his work, also recommend decs at garage7, the cece at jaustech, there's also a few other great shops around SA, turbo tune isn't one of them.

This man speaks the truth. Turbo tune are rubbish.

Just had my 32 4 door tuned at jaustech and am very happy with the end result. As said, very quick and decently priced.

Even try ashley at Classic Performance and Dyno down south or morpowa up north.

If you are desperate... Catch a bus before letting turbo tune make a hack of your nistune.

Yeah I was trumpeting Turbo Tune for ages when I was getting my CA tuned by Jeff (The Speed Lab - and the work was top notch)... but I was burned hard when I went back for services provided by people other than Jeff...

I think workshops tend to be great when the staff are passionate and really put the effort in to making things work well. I'd go where the passion is... sounds like a few places are getting a really good shoutout so i'd go with them.

Highly recommend Morrie at horsepower in a box down at Lonsdale, I had him chip & tune my R34 with a Nistune board and i haven't had a single issue i paid about $800 for mine.

very happy customer :thumb: { www.horsepowerinabox.com }

+1 for boostworx

Shaun has looked after all my cars and I have never had a problem with his work at all, and he is always honest and up front.

Yeah I was trumpeting Turbo Tune for ages when I was getting my CA tuned by Jeff (The Speed Lab - and the work was top notch)... but I was burned hard when I went back for services provided by people other than Jeff...

I think workshops tend to be great when the staff are passionate and really put the effort in to making things work well. I'd go where the passion is... sounds like a few places are getting a really good shoutout so i'd go with them.

nothing wrong with jeff, he just used their dyno's for tuning, my car was originally remapped by jeff, at turbo tune, however i would never get work done by turbo tune's staff.

garage 7 for sure . but failing that ive never heard a bad thing about jaustech

no no to turbo boom

While Garage 7 are located in Mt Barker, Dec's does his dyno tuning in Para Hills which is pretty convenient!

Just got my ceffy tuned by Cece @ jaustech. Cannot recommend them enough. Fantastic job, kept me in the loop every step and knew exactly what I wanted out of the car.

While Garage 7 are located in Mt Barker, Dec's does his dyno tuning in Para Hills which is pretty convenient!

who jas a dyno in para hills, the closest I know is morpowa at modbury

Forgot the actual name of the place but it's a decent sized shed off of Main North Road. The shop isn't focused on imports though, they do everything but seem more muscle oriented. They were chucking a turbo on a Stato when I was there last for my tune.

Just on topic, Decs is fantastic. He's upfront and honest with you and despite me having some stupid little issues on the day of the tune he pushed through them with no complaints despite his hate for SRs. The tune itself is awesome and he got fantastic results whilst keeping it safe. Happy to recommend him to anyone

+1 for decs at garage 7 great tune, excellent tune and great service

As the guys said below, Dec's tunes out of a business called All Make Motors on the service road between Kesters and McIntyre road.