Sign in to follow this  
MeZ

This is the drift scene

Lol I don't think anyone here has god like status to make people stop and make them change their ways.

But I just see these threads as memoirs of where peoples heads are at. Not a bad thing at all.

not sure where this whole new jew thing came from but it reflects poorly on those using it imo

:lol:

new jew? as opposed to the old jew?

From what ive seen the guys doing Morning shesh & practice days (lets call them grass roots drifters) have an issue with the guys doing comp's (let's call them pro's). I dont know for the life of me why they have that feeeling but it does exist. At short track we could feel the daggers from the Grass roots guys, some talked to us through out the series & that was cool, I hope we changed the minds of some guys that we are not people to be hated & can talk drift shit just like them,but on the podium for the winner of the series we had some of the guys heckle & boo because we won the series & not a grass roots guy & it was said that way as well.

I can only talk from personal experience, but i have personally been talked down to from friends of nicks because i didn't compete as much as him, so it does happen. I can laugh about it, but i can understand how it would leave a pretty bitter taste in other's mouths receiving similar treatment. A lot of it is tall poppy syndrome, seeing people that they think aren't great drivers receiving all the attention and the compliments, it's petty, but it's human nature. As the "grass roots" guys they need to step back and focus on their own shit, as the "pro" guys, they need to realise that their shit may in fact stink.

it seems jew is the new thing to say on ns seen it any many post latley

not sure millions of people getting killed is funny whatever you think about drift

time to move on to something else new to say I think

Edited by 1400R

some may see the australian drift scene on this forum.....

i saw it at wakefield park yesterday with HnR. group of mates/randoms/new people, hanging out shredding tyres, pushing the boundaries, having fun.

there is a place for competition, there is a place for grass roots and there is a place for hills. i think respect from all 3 scene's is needed and respect for our roots.

not sure millions of people getting killed is funny whatever you think about drift

personally i haven't noticed the trending jew jokes, but i'm pretty sure jew jokes have been around a little longer than ns. however i think ns is just about the only place that can take a thread about drift, and change the topic to killing jews

Edited by nisskid

One of the reasons we kept the LS in the body it came from is because we saw a potential market in a Holden Commodre. We bought it as a doner car & were going to transplant the motor & box into the 32, but saw a marketing tool in the VE. I mean not too many True to heart Drifter's like it but as i said we had to broaden our target market & if we upset the die hard drifter....sorry, but money doesnt grow on the fan boy club tree sad.png

you are in the wrong business if you are in drift for the $$ :lol:

however i think ns is just about the only place that can take a thread about drift, and change the topic to killing jews

24917718.jpg

One of the reasons we kept the LS in the body it came from is because we saw a potential market in a Holden Commodre. We bought it as a doner car & were going to transplant the motor & box into the 32, but saw a marketing tool in the VE. I mean not too many True to heart Drifter's like it but as i said we had to broaden our target market & if we upset the die hard drifter....sorry, but money doesnt grow on the fan boy club tree sad.png

you are in the wrong business if you are in drift for the $$ :lol:

people drift for other reasons than the bad teenage drift gangy chicks and promo girls?

personally i haven't noticed the trending jew jokes, but i'm pretty sure jew jokes have been around a little longer than ns. however i think ns is just about the only place that can take a thread about drift, and change the topic to killing jews

I guess the jew jokes are dieing off....

From what ive seen the guys doing Morning shesh & practice days (lets call them grass roots drifters) have an issue with the guys doing comp's (let's call them pro's). I dont know for the life of me why they have that feeeling but it does exist. At short track we could feel the daggers from the Grass roots guys, some talked to us through out the series & that was cool, I hope we changed the minds of some guys that we are not people to be hated & can talk drift shit just like them,but on the podium for the winner of the series we had some of the guys heckle & boo because we won the series & not a grass roots guy & it was said that way as well.

I can only talk from personal experience, but i have personally been talked down to from friends of nicks because i didn't compete as much as him, so it does happen. I can laugh about it, but i can understand how it would leave a pretty bitter taste in other's mouths receiving similar treatment. A lot of it is tall poppy syndrome, seeing people that they think aren't great drivers receiving all the attention and the compliments, it's petty, but it's human nature. As the "grass roots" guys they need to step back and focus on their own shit, as the "pro" guys, they need to realise that their shit may in fact stink.

Friends of Nicks ? So not nick as a "pro driver" to a "grass roots guy" that's what we were originally talking about, driver to driver.Are these spectators at a Drift event or other Drivers? If its other drivers then they need to adjust their attitude in my opinion. I class everyone as equil & so should everyone else & I agree some pro guys don't think their shit stinks, but hey that's also human nature too, big head syndrome :)

We're not in it for the money Stewy far from it lol, but it does help when sponsors are willing to help.

the "them" vs "us" mentality really needs to stop.

comp guys, grassroots guys, streeters etc. were all the same at the end of the day. if everyone just shown each other a bit more respect the sport would be far better off.

Agreed 100 %

Friends of Nicks ? So not nick as a "pro driver" to a "grass roots guy" that's what we were originally talking about, driver to driver.Are these spectators at a Drift event or other Drivers? If its other drivers then they need to adjust their attitude in my opinion. I class everyone as equil & so should everyone else & I agree some pro guys don't think their shit stinks, but hey that's also human nature too, big head syndrome smile.png

We're not in it for the money Stewy far from it lol, but it does help when sponsors are willing to help.

it's obviously not a dig at nick, he's a top dude, his mate was just an example to show it's every where, was just trying to shed some light on where a lot of people are coming from, it's resentment more than anything directly most of the time. you can't take it personally, people are always going to try and bring you down, whether you are winning comps, or simply have a bunch of people tell you your skids are rad, it's human nature and it's not restricted to one group of people.

Friends of Nicks ? So not nick as a "pro driver" to a "grass roots guy" that's what we were originally talking about, driver to driver.Are these spectators at a Drift event or other Drivers? If its other drivers then they need to adjust their attitude in my opinion. I class everyone as equil & so should everyone else & I agree some pro guys don't think their shit stinks, but hey that's also human nature too, big head syndrome smile.png

it's obviously not a dig at nick, he's a top dude, his mate was just an example to show it's every where, was just trying to shed some light on where a lot of people are coming from, it's resentment more than anything directly most of the time. you can't take it personally, people are always going to try and bring you down, whether you are winning comps, or simply have a bunch of people tell you your skids are rad, it's human nature and it's not restricted to one group of people.

and a lot of the time it comes from people who are not even really participating in the sport. I usually run two club rally events a month and the amount of times I walk through the spectators and just hear them bagging out someone on the track

saying they can do it better and how they would do it and how they would be a lot faster and knock 10 seconds of our times. And to be honest i agree with Stewy that it comes from resentment. These people dont have the drive, motivation or

even skill set to give it a go ( and club level rally is so easy to get into ) but will offor all the opinions on the world how to set up a corner from 300m away on a hill.

To be honest you dont worry about it, for every guy out there giving you shit there will 3 others in the pits to pat you on the back, offor set up advice, get on the tools for a quick fix.

and a lot of the time it comes from people who are not even really participating in the sport. I usually run two club rally events a month and the amount of times I walk through the spectators and just hear them bagging out someone on the track

saying they can do it better and how they would do it and how they would be a lot faster and knock 10 seconds of our times. And to be honest i agree with Stewy that it comes from resentment. These people dont have the drive, motivation or

even skill set to give it a go ( and club level rally is so easy to get into ) but will offor all the opinions on the world how to set up a corner from 300m away on a hill.

To be honest you dont worry about it, for every guy out there giving you shit there will 3 others in the pits to pat you on the back, offor set up advice, get on the tools for a quick fix.

hahaha. i had this happen to me last drift prac. a few lebo kids (well teenagers) whom were obviously half shit faced pointing out how my car looked like shit and that they bet it skidded like shit and stuff. i heard them as i drove by. stopped. asked them were their cars were, told them if they can do better that ill see them out there on the 22nd.

few guys walking by that overheard had a laugh, the dudes shut up. then i went and proved them wrong anyways. i didnt take any of it to heart, nor should anyone else. i had a laugh and got on with the important shit. skids.

Unfortunately almost everything gets taken the wrong way in the 'drift scene'. The grassroots and beginners mostly see the 'pro' guys as superstars(or wankers, lol) who own the track where in many, many cases it is not like that.

How many 'professional' drifters are there in Australia? ones that get paid to drive? You would probably think that there are a few given the amount of exposure sponsors are getting but the truth is, many, many of them are funding each and every thing themselves with minimal support.

This is why we need a national series. I agree that competitions should definitely be more skill based, but having a national series that is actually putting drift out there to the public helps to boost the public image of the sport and thus sponsors will come.

Who gives a shit what people say about Drifting, take it to the track, have fun and thats about it!

The guys at Vicdrift certainly know how to run an event which definitely shows when spots sell out within 24 hours. ADGP have proved themselves to run a decent event also. This makes people want to come back.

Most of the pro class drifters are approachable guys, there are a few that may not be as approachable, but people should never feel that they cant have a chat to someone at the track because they're "too famous". WTAC was a brilliant example of this with the open pits, it really allowed fans to stop by and have a chat with drivers ect.

I've been a fan of drifting for over 7.5 years, and actively involved in getting the other half to events for over 6.5 years, I've seen things change for the better and also the worst, but the main thing I have seen is that there are still pro class drivers out there who want to just have fun and thrash. Its the drivers who are out there utilising the entire practice sessions and then the expression sessions, just having a ball and drifting. They don't care if they spin or not, they're having fun.

Here in SA there are two Drift Schools that are run, one at Mallala and another one at Tailem Bend which is run by Garage 7 and SMDrift - each school has pro class drivers teaching and mentoring beginners through to advanced drivers to help improve their driving. These instructors do it because they want to see the sport grow, and the only way to do that is to help the beginners and make them realise that there is no us and them out there.

So what does all this mean? the drift scene is what YOU make of it. I see the mates wanting to have a thrash even on a pro class level, I don't see any of the superstar behaviour in my group of friends and competitors. Drivers are approachable and willing to help out even during competition.

this is the most activity I've seen on NS for years...

o rly?

hmmmm I come on here all the time and add sfa :lol:

sometimes I even post

the "them" vs "us" mentality really needs to stop. comp guys, grassroots guys, streeters etc. were all the same at the end of the day. if everyone just shown each other a bit more respect the sport would be far better off.

funny you mention the word respect... because this is the biggest difference between australia and japan (from what i noticed anyway). they have the upright most respect for each other that i couldnt belive it. whether its drifting or driving around the streets or even speaking to one another.

if only australia had more respect.

Japan has respect over what you choose to do with your life, its just a common courtesy to not judge what others do.. Thats why you see people in there 60-70s reading comic books, In Australia if your over 30 and your reading a comic book in a public place people think your a nerd/weirdo..

This kind of thing just doesn't exist in Australia's way of life, Its an attitude that gets drummed into people you grow up with this way of thinking and for some they wont grow out of it.

To have respect you must be able to look at what somebody enjoys be it V8 Supercars or Drag Racing or circuit or time attack and not judge on it, sadly for most of the drift people ive seen in Victoria if its not drifting its "gay".

this is the most activity I've seen on NS for years...

Bolger's been busy with other projects....no time for NS.

the "them" vs "us" mentality really needs to stop. comp guys, grassroots guys, streeters etc. were all the same at the end of the day. if everyone just shown each other a bit more respect the sport would be far better off.

funny you mention the word respect... because this is the biggest difference between australia and japan (from what i noticed anyway). they have the upright most respect for each other that i couldnt belive it. whether its drifting or driving around the streets or even speaking to one another.

if only australia had more respect.

Japan has respect over what you choose to do with your life, its just a common courtesy to not judge what others do.. Thats why you see people in there 60-70s reading comic books, In Australia if your over 30 and your reading a comic book in a public place people think your a nerd/weirdo..

This kind of thing just doesn't exist in Australia's way of life, Its an attitude that gets drummed into people you grow up with this way of thinking and for some they wont grow out of it.

To have respect you must be able to look at what somebody enjoys be it V8 Supercars or Drag Racing or circuit or time attack and not judge on it, sadly for most of the drift people ive seen in Victoria if its not drifting its "gay".

this is one of the most accurate quotes i have ever read.. I f*cken love doing time attack, i love the fact that that tiniest changes in car setup will give me a tenth of a second on a lap and that gives me pleasure.. Literally every person i'v met that drifts thinks that time attacks are 'gay' and tell me since i have a 180 its a drift car and why don't i drift and stupid shit like that..

now, im not saying that all drifters are like that, but it seems like because drifting is the new 'cool thing to do' then there are heaps of hipstercockheads that are becoming involved with it.. and the problem with hipstercockheads is they will always complain about shit.. all the time.. Even if something is run perfectly they will still find some reason to whinge and bitch, because, for some reason, they and their friends think its cool to do so..

Motorsport is motorsport, drifting, time attacks, circuit racing, V8 supercars, rally and drag racing.. Even though its not what you love, surely as a motorsport fan you should appreciate that others do love it..

cliffs - hipstercockheads are sh*t and i hate them.. :)

well im glad that a few people can see where im coming from. haha.

Classic comments as always Antonio, it reminds me of most teenagers that always say "f*ck fwd I only like rwd" yet they wouldn't have a clue how to steer an FR well.

All the points in this thread are valid, but the ONLY way to forward drift events is to start making drift events exciting.

The general public will never enjoy Australian drift events till we update our style on & off track. There isnt enough entertainment provided in these 8+ hour events to capture interst of a non-drifter.

It's hard to change that with tracks that keep spectators 2km away. The QR short track was very close proximity for the crowd which IMO was one of the biggest selling points.