Sign in to follow this  
Goodsy

Making Super low seat rails for s13

I have resently bought a pair of second hand bucket seats for my s13, got pretty keen because they came with brackets already on them so it ment 4 bolts for out with the old in with the new

Only to discover that the seats sit that high that they hit the roof and a host of other issues

Unforcantly in SA you canis 't buy seat rails anymore leaving me with the only option of going to have one fab'd up which is quite expensive

So I was going to try and modify the standard s13 rails to make them sit super low

Before I go out and stuff up 10 rails trying different things I thought I would see if anyone else has come across this problem and if anyone else had successfully modified there existing rails

Any help here would be awsome, pictures would be a great help

Thanks for anyones time that has read this, Aaron

what seats? why can't you buy rails? do you need to be able to adjust the seat back and forth?

Get hold of grizzly spares. their a sponser on here in SA. they sell ultra low rails to suit a heap of cars. cheap to.

Also need to take into consideration of they're side mount or bottom mounts seats too.

Get hold of grizzly spares. their a sponser on here in SA. they sell ultra low rails to suit a heap of cars. cheap to.

I got one of his rails for my s15. sits really low and is well made.

I got one of his rails for my s15. sits really low and is well made.

Just have to make sure they suit your seat. I bought seat rails from Grizzly for my Sparco seats, only to find out the hard way that they don't fit. Ended up having to get the modified to suit

Thanks guys I will try Grizzly....they are just Monza seats but they seem like desent budget seats, think they are bottem mount but they have a home made rail on that sits between the standard s13 rail and the bottem off the seat, someone on here said they can fab up a couple for $120 a pair

Also they do need to slide, I have a mate that does drive my car occationally and well im borderline midget and he is quite tall so makes it abit tricky

Any idea how much one from grizzly will be?