Sign in to follow this  
DragonS13

Spraypainters in Sydney

Just got a new front bar for my s13 (fiberglass), but getting it painted is going to cost an arm and a leg! The cheapest quote I've gotten so far is $400, and that's not fitted! I reckon I could sort out the fitting myself (maybe?) but that's still heaps more than I expected to pay! Colour is white. No pearl. No flake. Just white! lol

So I checked out the other threads, and couldn't find anything of much help. Plenty of people saying to DIY, but I have no experience or equipment!

This leads me to wonder if there are any experienced spray-painters lurking around in Sydney who could do it for me if I threw some cash their way. (As long as it's a decent job... I'm sure I could use a spray-can myself!)

Any recommendations, suggestions or referrals would be appreciated!

Cheers!

Really??

No-one???

shit.....

maybe if you posted in the right section...

*moved*

also was a thread in the NSW section about a dude doing backyarders

if you can find a backyard job who does good jobs then do it, but otherwise, man just bite the bullet and pay the extra 50-100 bucks and get it done properly.

too many times ive heard of ppl trying to get the cheapest possible and even though they paint the car, most cases they dont turn out like a proper paint job.

my opinion anyways

Has your been prepped already?

Yeah, supposedly (It's still in its bubble wrap!)

*moved*

if you can find a backyard job who does good jobs then do it, but otherwise, man just bite the bullet and pay the extra 50-100 bucks and get it done properly.

too many times ive heard of ppl trying to get the cheapest possible and even though they paint the car, most cases they dont turn out like a proper paint job.

my opinion anyways

sorry blingy....I did search!! Promise!

link to thread would be tops...

Backyard job would be fine, as long as it's a good job. The big issue is $$$.

***update*** Found two different guys who will paint @ mine. One's coming now to inspect/quote. The other quoted $250 over fone! (not fitted - but thats OK!)

No one wants to touch fibreglass due to the inconsistancies in the quality.

Take for instance, what happens if impurities contamination in the fibreglass reacts with the paint, and it has to be stripped back? Who pays for it to be re-done?

Has your been prepped already?

Yeah, supposedly (It's still in its bubble wrap!)

*moved*

my opinion anyways

sorry blingy....I did search!! Promise!

link to thread would be tops...

Backyard job would be fine, as long as it's a good job. The big issue is $$$.

***update*** Found two different guys who will paint @ mine. One's coming now to inspect/quote. The other quoted $250 over fone! (not fitted - but thats OK!)

So it's not prep then.. It probably has wobbles in it, have to watch out for that

Talk to n1smo4 as he does little jobs here and there and would probably hook you up.

Talk to n1smo4 as he does little jobs here and there and would probably hook you up.

sweet..will do, thanks dude!

No one wants to touch fibreglass due to the inconsistancies in the quality.

Take for instance, what happens if impurities contamination in the fibreglass reacts with the paint, and it has to be stripped back? Who pays for it to be re-done?

isn't that why you prep/undercoat??

Edited by DragonS13

ill do it for ya braa just get the materials together ;) wont charge u anything and ill get it out pretty sxc :D

awww shieee mee too lol ! Can i get into contact with you if i need some panel/paint work?

awww shieee mee too lol ! Can i get into contact with you if i need some panel/paint work?

lol depends what work you need bro. pm me what u need done and ill sus something out ;)

n1smo4 where are you located in Sydney?

Western suburbs bro

yeah bro located around bella vista...a lot of people never heard of it but type it into google and make sure you include nsw or it will take you to some random place in mexico LOL!

LOOOL ! yeah i've heard of it , i have some small stuff , but not really in a rush to fix ..

but my rear guard quarter is scraped pretty deep .. but its only a small area .. looks ugly , just touched it up and tried to blend (fail) haha

LOOOL ! yeah i've heard of it , i have some small stuff , but not really in a rush to fix ..

but my rear guard quarter is scraped pretty deep .. but its only a small area .. looks ugly , just touched it up and tried to blend (fail) haha

LOL! let me practice my blending before i do your car bro. once i get it perfected ill let you know ;)

***UPDATE***

So...after getting defected Thu, I had to get this front bar done ASAP, so I got the guy who quoted $250 to come do it yesterday. He did a v. good job, but as he was leaving the wind blew it off the hooks n f**ked it up, so he came back this morn. and cut it all back, fixed up the chips and re-sprayed the whole thing again (no extra charge!).

His name is Mark (Mark's Industrial Coatings) and his no. is 0417 679 355 if anyone is interested. He reckons he's happy to travel all over sydney... top bloke too... even gave me the leftover paint for touch-ups..

Speaking of top blokes, got n1smo4 coming over on the weekend to help us fit it.....what a champ!!!! :thumb:

man, one dude out at north shore quoted me 1G paint n fit......geeeeeeeeetttttttttttt farkkkkkkkkkked!

needless to say, I politely declined his generous offer!

Andy, there's a can of coke in it for ya! LOL :)

A can of coke?

Think of the street value Andy, that would be almost 300g?

Is it pure coke mate?

:P

A can of coke?

Think of the street value Andy, that would be almost 300g?

Is it pure coke mate?

tongue.png

LOL!!!!

you know me too well bro :D:D:D!

haha, is that what its called now days?

Sugar?

learn something new everyday.

where do i find this sugar??