Sign in to follow this  
SU1TUP

92' Nissan 180sx 'Sienna'

Hi Guys, Finally decided to join my fellow Nissansilvia brethren and create an account and post :)

Just wanna introduce you all to my recently purchased & daily driven 180 'Sienna'

Motor, Transmission, Exhaust & Mechanical.

-Redtop - Non VCT SR20DET

-182,734kms

-5 Speed - Short Shifter

-Pod-filter

-3" to 2.5" GKtech Cooler - not return feed so a huge hole in the battery plate :(

-Standard Cat, Removed mufflers & some cannon

Interior.

-Climate Control - all working condition, gets hot & cold QUICK ! only drama is I can't get half the module illuminated - changed bulbs (out of ideads) :(

-Electric Windows

-Black Nismo Gear Knob

-Immobiliser, Central locking & Alarm system

-Greddy Turbo timer

-Drift Button

-'Personal' Steering wheel

-R32 GTR Front seats

Steering & Suspension.

-5-Stud Conversion - Not sure whether they're modified original hubs, R33 or Ford - they're a weird setup (hopefully will post pics)

-R32 GTR wheels - Bunnings Warehouse Matte Black can job ;p

-Standard Springs in Pedders struts - Came with 'G4 Racing' Front coilovers - never heard of the brand but were noisy as f**k :S

Paint.

-Hideous Silver Respray - Bonnet and roof sprayed black (86 panda style wannabe)

It's pretty rough, not very clean an obvious backyard job. The car was originally white.. I wish the previous owner left it white :(

Temporary plans are to throw it back on coilovers, gloss black Ford territory wheels and bump up the boost to 11/12PSI :)

Eventual Plans.

200RWK - T28BB -16/17PSI, Z32 AFM, Full Turbo back exhaust, Upgraded exhaust manifold, S15 or nismo 555 Injectors, R32 or walbro/bosch Fuel Pump & Nistune

Full type X Kit (including Spoiler) & interior

Respray back to white - hopefully blue pearl in it too ;)

Sunroof

Tien or BCs coilovers sitting just neat on Volk CE28n's or a set of black XD9's

Feel free to throw some comments, opinions and tips etc if ya got some.

cheers, xo.

IMG_3830.jpg

IMG_3460.jpg

IMG_3832.jpg

IMG_3269.jpg

IMG_3257.jpg

20120724_1858162.jpg

post-112866-0-28139400-1346159533_thumb.jpg

Edited by SU1TUP

Bit of an update;

Recently minor serviced her (Very meticulous even when the previous owner assured me he'd done it !)

IMG_3325.jpg

IMG_3955.jpg

IMG_3326.jpg

IMG_3331.jpg

Decided that while I had her up on stands I'd I go for the brakes next.

Upgraded to a set of RDA Slotted front rotors as they were close to minimal mm yet rears were fine, padded them up with the blue stuff pads as well :)

IMG_3408.jpg

Also thought it was a good idea to slap together a boost gauge, picked up the gauge i had rolling around my room and threw it on, talk about JDM :P:p

IMG_3852.jpg

Upgraded my headlights to Phillips XtremeVision +35 or +40 H4 Bulbs !

Wanted a bit more from my brights but hate the look, hum and sheer blinding tendency that H.I.Ds have !

IMG_3271.jpg

Also threw in my stereo - was sick of rolling in silence only having my turbo keep me company :P

Was the biggest pain in the ass to get this 4 gauge wire in compared to the previous owner's 8 gauge.

IMG_3263.jpg

IMG_3279.jpg

IMG_3959.jpg

IMG_3964.jpg

And to my dismay, after removing the battery i see this dirty big 3" hole staring straight through to the ground !

IMG_3405.jpg

Decided whilst I'm stuck with this hole now I may as well tidy it up !

IMG_3474.jpg

Got a wheel alignment done at my local Bob Jane, only to realise that the aftermarket caster arms and standard springs give this increased steering sensitivity that I don't care for much, I much prefer a more solid direct steering feel !

IMG_3642-1.jpg

And on a final note, thought I'd throw this in here - Who ever said jap cars aren't practical !!

:P

IMG_3488.jpg

getting off your p's soon? noticed the p-plates ahah

plans sounds good man

HAHA not for a while dude, another two years :P

are yous allowed the power to weight ratio exemption as well? haha

Not even sure dude. I suffer from a condition known well on this forum as boost withdrawl meaning I can't live without boost, I'll tell the cops this if they ever pull me over :P

are yous allowed the power to weight ratio exemption as well? haha

Not even sure dude. I suffer from a condition known well on this forum as boost withdrawl meaning I can't live without boost, I'll tell the cops this if they ever pull me over tongue.png

Im sure they'll let you off on such a serious condition haha i got an exemption to drive my 32, been pulled up once and the cop wasnt real impressed that he couldnt book me :shades:

Im sure they'll let you off on such a serious condition haha i got an exemption to drive my 32, been pulled up once and the cop wasnt real impressed that he couldnt book me shades.gif

HAHAHA that's the way, it's still a 6 banger at the end of the day :thumbsup:

Interior.

-Climate Control - all working condition, gets hot & cold QUICK ! only drama is I can't get half the module illuminated - changed bulbs (out of ideads) :(

this is a very very very common problem, its so common i consider it a standard that those modules dont illuminate

Eventual Plans.

Upgraded exhaust manifold,

why?