Sign in to follow this  
Chris Martin

SR20DET Blacktop Limp mode

I have a type x 180 sr20det black top, recently bought the car and its had the issues since day 1 the car is completely standard except for cat back exchaust, front mount and a boost tee.

The car will run perfectly fine apart from it will jump itself into a limp mode, it will do this after the reds being on for too long before starting (a few minutes) or after its warmed up.

The issue will go away for a while if you turn the car completetly off (reds off) or 5 seconds or more

When in this limp mode if i have my foot flat to the floor or anywhere on the accelorator it will rev to 1500 and drop back down to 1000, in gear it will wait till it hits 1000 revs befvore giving it any life again. example, i was driving along at 80kms and car went into this limp mode, the car slowed down till about 40ks n hour then reved back to 1500 revs and then wouldnt rev again till the revs had come back down to 1000 on the tacho (40 ks n hour), i think its cutting fuel, spark or both im not sure, its like its hitting rev limiter way too early.

I need all the help i can get on this one as i feel i am chasing my tail.

Has anyone had this issue before???????

Sorry reds as in with the ignition on, ive checked for fault codes nothing is coming up, even ran the live data, still nothing giving me any indication, only update i had is on freezing cold nights it doesnt go into limp mode, tonight its freezing did around 100ks worth of driving and did not go into limp mode once. any ideas?

it is as if the car is valve bouncing really low, no fault codes are shown at all, everything appears to be fine apart from this, it only happens in hot tempteraures on a cold night the car will run fine, if anyone has any ideas on this or if anyone has had a similar porblem please let me know