Sign in to follow this  
Phoenix Silvia

Suspension Arms Thread

Hi there, Im in the process of buying rear camber and toe arms for my s13

If people could post up what they are currently running on both front and back, with opinions on quality, comparisons, etc that would be awesome and helpful to not just me but others :)

I have done some research on STANCE, GKTECH, and few other brands but still not sure which option to go for.

Thank you for any future import :)

They all work the same, and you're probably not going to hit walls hard enough toneed the ikeya formula catalogue. Otomoto sells a full set of KKR (front and rear) arms for 700ish, looks like the same make as the older GKtech arms but different colours. You're not going to get real comparisons here, other than 'Type A', which is "I use these in my car they r gr8 lol", or 'Type B', which is "I ran xxx brand but I smashed them when I slid into a gutter, now I have cazman/ikeya/whatever which is 3x the thickness and won't ever break". GKTech sells their's with dust boots, which is probably the best feature for any of the rose-jointed arms.

SPL are well priced. And seem to be pretty good quality.

yeah they seem to be a high quality U.S. company, I also like how they are black, has anyone used GKtech arms?

They all work the same, and you're probably not going to hit walls hard enough toneed the ikeya formula catalogue. Otomoto sells a full set of KKR (front and rear) arms for 700ish, looks like the same make as the older GKtech arms but different colours. You're not going to get real comparisons here, other than 'Type A', which is "I use these in my car they r gr8 lol", or 'Type B', which is "I ran xxx brand but I smashed them when I slid into a gutter, now I have cazman/ikeya/whatever which is 3x the thickness and won't ever break". GKTech sells their's with dust boots, which is probably the best feature for any of the rose-jointed arms.

Thanks for that, sounds about right, my n/a 13 isn't going into any walls anytime soon, I should have also mentioned it's for a daily, not to run more neg camber for track

ive got GK Tech

Camber

Caster

Toe

Traction

Quality is great, so soild yet still light.

As said above, they come with the dust boots which is a great feature!

And saves the added expense, All of their arms are black but imo thats the colour id want to run anyway, more stealthy i guess..?

Havnt driven the car yet but im sure i wont have any problem.

Prices are fair and ive got no complaints.

Purchased alot of items through them, my 2c

Yeah I think it will be a good idea to run arms from a local company in case something was defective etc, also +1 for being black, especially considering most of these arms are illegal due to rose joints.

One question about GKtech camber arms for s13,

Are they the same style as factory s13(looped arm) or are they similar to s14(single arm)?

Yea thats how i see it.

I love PBM gear and they have a great feedback behind them but add shipping from us and its not worth it imo.

The camber arms are now one single billet piece. Just go onto their site and have a read.

To each their own. But personally I wouldn't go near kkr again. I had the weld crack and arm collapse on its self on my camber arm. And that was fairly regular street driving.

holy shit, good effort on engine swap, good to see n/a's making more power :D

To each their own. But personally I wouldn't go near kkr again. I had the weld crack and arm collapse on its self on my camber arm. And that was fairly regular street driving.

More reasons to go for GKtech I think, no welds = no weld breaks = WINNING xD

its not done yet but cheers anyway, na sr's are shit haha, bit more fun in a 25 neo imo

plus means its all set up for a turbo motor.

check my build thread if you want, all info their

Like I said, this is the only real feedback in this department. Noone here is brave enough to buy multiple sets and actually TEST them. You just don't know if it was a one-off fault, bad batch, bad production in general, bad installation, bad roads, someone is lying about how they broke it, or bad luck, whatever. My old HSD coilovers were friggin' brilliant, but when my mate put HKS camber tops on them for me, they knocked like crazy. Standard NS response is to say HSD are shit because HKS is a genuine Jap brand.

I had priced up a full set of adjustible everything and was looking at $1200+, but then I found the KKR set and honestly looks like it was made in the same factory. I think prices have come down since I last looked around, I think everyone has cut prices to compete with GKTech's reasonable price points.

Back to the dust-boot comment, rose jointed bushes are always going to wear out faster. Having dirt and shit in them is going to make this effect worse. So even a $300 pair verse a $120 pair is going to have problems, if you the customer don't look after them.

(Note: I don't work for KKR. I DO own a set, but they're on a car that hasn't moved in 2 years. I only mentioned them because of the price point - I got 3 pairs of rear arms, a set of front arms, tie rod ends and a set of pineapples. I'm happy to spend more money if I run into problems but that kit was right-place,right-time thing)

cazman industries

+1

Have Cazman caster and toe, didn't get in in time for the track camber.

Can't fault them.

All the cheap arms use shit sloppy rose joints (Form my experience with KKR and similar in mates cars)

Ikeya formula and cusco are good, but expensive to buy and for spare parts

After seeing the quality on SPL gear in brother car thats the way im probly going through JDM obsession if I change some arms

One of the best things about them are the joints are cheap and easy to replace if they ever get old on ya.

Inexpensive.

Think it's something to do with most other use imperial whereas Cazman use metric.

Not sure if that's what it was but the others like in most jap arms and all shitty chinese arms cost a shitload to replace.

Like I said, this is the only real feedback in this department. Noone here is brave enough to buy multiple sets and actually TEST them. You just don't know if it was a one-off fault, bad batch, bad production in general, bad installation, bad roads, someone is lying about how they broke it, or bad luck, whatever. My old HSD coilovers were friggin' brilliant, but when my mate put HKS camber tops on them for me, they knocked like crazy. Standard NS response is to say HSD are shit because HKS is a genuine Jap brand.

I had priced up a full set of adjustible everything and was looking at $1200+, but then I found the KKR set and honestly looks like it was made in the same factory. I think prices have come down since I last looked around, I think everyone has cut prices to compete with GKTech's reasonable price points.

Back to the dust-boot comment, rose jointed bushes are always going to wear out faster. Having dirt and shit in them is going to make this effect worse. So even a $300 pair verse a $120 pair is going to have problems, if you the customer don't look after them.

(Note: I don't work for KKR. I DO own a set, but they're on a car that hasn't moved in 2 years. I only mentioned them because of the price point - I got 3 pairs of rear arms, a set of front arms, tie rod ends and a set of pineapples. I'm happy to spend more money if I run into problems but that kit was right-place,right-time thing)

Yeah it's a personal preference for me. I really don't care what people want to run on their cars. But for me, the quality of kkr arms don't make the cut. And for the marginal price difference id rather purchase SPL items.

And I can't factually comment on the gktech items because I've never used them. But they look like they have had a decent amount of r&d spent on them. So if you're looking for a cheaper alternative they seem like a good choice.

Edited by Bangaladesh

I appreciate all the feedback, based on this I will give the cazman toe arms a try and most likely gktech or spl ruca's, it may also be a good comparison to measure durability and strength between the two although different arms...

i've got SPL castor, camber and toe arms and they are made extremely well only thing is the castor rods come with imperial sized nuts and bolts and all my tools were metric so was pretty fun :P not sure if its the same for other arms but the camber arms are in the way of your coilovers. I mean to get the bottom of your coilover off (to adjust height or whatever) you have to undo the camber arm to get it out of the way. On an S13 by the way.

We have the full range of SPL arms in stock, ready to go. We are the only authorised distributor in Aus - every item we sell is covered by warranty and after sales support.

Personally I think this thread is redundant because there are no real technical comparisons between products. It is pretty much like any coil over thread on here...

^ I do apologise for starting a redundant thread, just after others opinions, do you have any technical comparisons for SPL gear?

is SPL good? they sure do seem to make great quality stuff. Is it worth the extra $100? I don't think so.

The current GKtech stuff is brilliant, it is reasonably priced and at the end of the day, suspension arms are one of the most common things to bend when you hit something.

Id rather replace a $150 arm compared to a $280 arm.

If you can afford to upgrade all the suspension arms with SPL, go for it but if you decide to spend the extra for SPL at the cost of another arm. That extra no doubt would be lost due to being forced to keep that standard arm.