Sign in to follow this  
TOM3CH

The Hardtuned SA Dawn cruise

Good cruise looked wild when the sun was rising in the haze, unfortunately there were a few defects and a dog got nailed

Edited by Ghetto

A dog ? nooo. Defects dont surprise me tho. don't inform the popo when and where .

i didn't hear a dog was harmed. i heard a few cars pulled over and got a hold of 2 dogs walking about.

Dog didn't get nailed! We stopped and got both of them off the road safely. We then door knocked and found the owner. Unfortunately we missed part of the cruise :( but atleast the husky and the shitsu didn't get hit!

27211869.jpg

Twas a good cruise!

Apologies to old mate in what I think was a red swift at near the start of the cruise. I didn't realise I had my high beams on by time I caught up to you :blush: Sorry to Jaffa (spelling?) that I didn't catch up with you at the other end. I bailed pretty early on to hit the maccas before the rush.

Also, DAT MERC! *froth*

A big thanks to Tom & Co for organising. The cops at the start seemed pretty reasonable as well :)

Edited by pyro

What a joke.

Arrived at the meet spot, pulled into carpark, 2 Bike cops waiting just inside as you pull in to defect your car! Seems we're just helping them meet quota's by providing them cruise location details. IMO they do absolutely nothing to assist in organising a safe, fun cruise, and instead are just using the opportunity to target enthusiasts. WILL NOT be attending another ns.com cruise after last night.

For those who were there i was in the black e30 BMW

Lawson I still don't see why they let every other modified car past and pulled you out of the blue with a stockish looking car... Just saying they obviously had some reason why they picked you out.

He said because my car looked un roadworthy, i asked him to look around and tell me why nobody else had gotten a defect and he just said 'we can't defect them all there's only 2 of us here or we would'.

Lodged a complaint today anyhow, officer was rude, wouldn't provide information to me and called me gay. Very unproffesional, people like him are the reason police get themselves a bad name. Couldn't believe some of the rude and offensive things he was saying to me.

What a joke.

Arrived at the meet spot, pulled into carpark, 2 Bike cops waiting just inside as you pull in to defect your car! Seems we're just helping them meet quota's by providing them cruise location details. IMO they do absolutely nothing to assist in organising a safe, fun cruise, and instead are just using the opportunity to target enthusiasts. WILL NOT be attending another ns.com cruise after last night.

For those who were there i was in the black e30 BMW

Of course they don't. They're one of far too many Police in a state with very little crime. They're absolutely bored shitless, which is why the targetting of victimless crimes in SA is FAR higher than any other state. The point of the matter is if they weren't told about the cruise and found out of their own accord, the car park would have been blocked off and everyone would have been shafted. The only way you can therefore look at it is like this: This morning in a gathering of 50 or so cars, you had the opportunity of the same random chance that you would normally be afforded on the street. The cop can either u-turn and screw you, or he can let you go. The alternative to this is that they see a giant pack of hoodlums in loud cars, preparing to go on another granny-killing hooning adventure and that random chance has now turned into a complete reaming, with a side of made up bullshit.

It f**king sucks mate and it's downright insulting/upsetting that our civil liberties have been eroded so far, that we as grown, voting adults apparently need "supervision" to organise/participate in public events. I can only imagine how much worse it must be for you in your position, as being one of the chosen few from the masses, but for large scale meetings to be held in SA, this is the best that anyone can do. Australians as citizens have been so far disarmed that the only right of reply we have against Police is through the courts, which is also Police territory. As much of an arduous undertaking as defending yourself in court might seem, I advise you to take it. Nothing is going to get better without the problem being recognised and legally recorded and you have the opportunity to help with that.

For the moment, however, the best anyone can do is to butter up to the Police as much as possible and hope that some kind of relationship can be formed. Like I said, it's quite offensive from the vehicle enthusiast side of the fence, so if you have a better suggestion, I'm sure everyone will be interested to hear it.

Edited by pyro

Was a good cruise, but I must say I was a bit dissapointed in SAPOL's attitude at this one. I have never had a problem with their presence at any other cruise. Unfortunately it only takes 1 bad experience to ruin 10 good experiences.

Edited by dark.sky

I enjoyed the cruise today. My body didn't like it. That early wake up / no sleep didn't go to well! didn't pass any Cops on the way In coz I went through the servo! Didn't realize they were there until I drove out the servo to the car park! Overall great day!

and called me gay.

:lol:

Seriously though it's the same story after every meet/cruise, everyone wonders the purpose of the police being there. 5-10 years ago police were never invited and everything ran smoothy. It's probably about time that the organisers cut their losses and organise meets/cruises without cops and see how it goes.

I agree but disagree also, with the police there 3 defects were hande out ( me on the receiving end) but with out them there then if they found out. There could be a "lock in" and every single car there get defected, as said in a previous post " if they could, they would"

I know which one I would prefer.

Exactly!, besides i think from memory back in the days when we DONT inform cops.. as soon as they hear and track the group they will stick with them for the entire cruise, thus making everyone paranoid.

Was better to have them come to the initial meet point then leave.

Its unfortunate to have had members get defected. but better 3 cars than a dozen.

I've uploaded photos to my Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/npho.com.au (I can't post a direct link from work). For those without Facebook, shoot me a PM :)

Thanks for that normsta!

I agree but disagree also, with the police there 3 defects were hande out ( me on the receiving end) but with out them there then if they found out. There could be a "lock in" and every single car there get defected, as said in a previous post " if they could, they would"

Aww dude wasn't that your first cruise and what did you get done for?

Yeah it was hahahah. I got done for foglight, they wernt wired independenly turned on with my headlights. glad it was only that to be honest hahah

Fogs lights?! Really... O man that one sucks i don't understand how that has endangered life but im even happier to hear it was just a cop shop defect a simple snip of the fogies would fix that one.

How did you find the cruise apart from that?

Defect was off nice an early the next morning :)

I liked it, was nice as the sun was coming up, Definatly keen for the next one. Something different from cruising around with a bunch of commodores and what not was a nice change also :)

Defect was off nice an early the next morning smile.png

I liked it, was nice as the sun was coming up, Definatly keen for the next one. Something different from cruising around with a bunch of commodores and what not was a nice change also smile.png

Great to hear next event will be in 1 months time so stay tuned :thumb:

Agreed - it sucks, and it shouldn't be the way things are (having to notify cops). I 100% agree with what pyro said about defending yourself.

However, it is the way it is, so big ups to the NS guys putting in effort of organising the cruise regardless of the complainers. Side note, I was a bit confused when the maps we got didnt actually have a map on them. Pretty straightforward though I suppose.

I was in the red renault clio with a few other mates (green focus rs, etc)

Agreed - it sucks, and it shouldn't be the way things are (having to notify cops). I 100% agree with what pyro said about defending yourself.

However, it is the way it is, so big ups to the NS guys putting in effort of organising the cruise regardless of the complainers. Side note, I was a bit confused when the maps we got didnt actually have a map on them. Pretty straightforward though I suppose.

my mate and I in the 8's had fun playing with you guys ;)

my mate and I in the 8's had fun playing with you guys wink.png

Ichigo, a friend of mine in a white mr2 spotted u guys in a midnight cruise, i heard good things about your pace, would be nice to organise something with you guys and my group ;)

yeah we keep our numbers small... normally 3 cars max... shoot me a pm im sure we can sort out a meet up one nite

both of our brakes are toast atm so pace has not been what it normally is... new project mu pads and 2 piece rotors for both of us - should hopefully be here by friday and will prevent us burning chewing through brakes!

my mate and I in the 8's had fun playing with you guys ;)

hahah yeah loved that stretch! was going to keep playing but got a solid slap on the wrist from the missus and sort of slowed down after that :P

yeah we keep our numbers small... normally 3 cars max... shoot me a pm im sure we can sort out a meet up one nite

I completely understand, Yup will do.

both of our brakes are toast atm so pace has not been what it normally is... new project mu pads and 2 piece rotors for both of us - should hopefully be here by friday and will prevent us burning chewing through brakes!