Sign in to follow this  
kriss

EBISU MATSURI DISCUSSION THREAD

Generally what i do before landing a week before is smash down every track website calendar and see what is happening.

Some sites can be confusing cause a club/workshop may hire it out.. I know the 1st time we went to Nikko Circuit the website actually said it was hired out by a Toyota Workshop when it was actually a JZ Engine day lol.

and i know EBISU does have Agent K days too.. Wouldnt want to go to some track to then see its a Motorbike day or just Kei Cars haha.

is there a Super Autobacs near nihonmatsu or fukushima? Kinda keen to pick up a few bits for my new rig while I'm over there :P

not really, there is a power kemori and plant 5

there like big bunniings/kmart things that you will get a few serive stiuff and tools but nothing preformancy

found one in Fukushima just north of where I'll be staying, and theres a KFC across the road from it hahah mad shit.

*edit theres one south of fukushima too, and one near koriyama :D

Edited by AndrewJZX100

We tried to go to the upgarage in koriyama after ebisu one day.. they were shut on tuesdays. :(

is there a Super Autobacs near nihonmatsu or fukushima? Kinda keen to pick up a few bits for my new rig while I'm over there tongue.png

i think there is one in Koriyama...

I think a lot of up garage are closed on Tuesdays.

The one in koriyama is average.. heappppps of aristos and mark IIs in Koriyama though

Do any of you guys have any footage you wouldn't mind me mucking around with?

Kinda bored. Feel like getting Sony Vegas up and doing some editing.

hey

where do i buy second hand helmets in tokyo? how much am i excepting to pay?

We saw some a couple of nights ago in the Shinjuku Store. Its just called shinjuku store i think lol, it has a penguin as the logo. they had helmets from $1980 yen. they will pass for the track i`m sure but they look useless in a crash. i might buy one and sticker it up for some fun.

So far my wife and I are loving Japan! today we are going over to Odaiba and they have a super autobacs over there I think which I can look at helmets again.

Do any of you guys have any footage you wouldn't mind me mucking around with?

Kinda bored. Feel like getting Sony Vegas up and doing some editing.

how do i get it to ya? have heaps.. about 80gig.

hey

We saw some a couple of nights ago in the Shinjuku Store. Its just called shinjuku store i think lol, it has a penguin as the logo. they had helmets from $1980 yen. they will pass for the track i`m sure but they look useless in a crash. i might buy one and sticker it up for some fun.

So far my wife and I are loving Japan! today we are going over to Odaiba and they have a super autobacs over there I think which I can look at helmets again.

thanks for the info... i went to the motorbike place next to super autobacs in tokyo bay.. cost me 10500yen brand new..

also what is needed to pass? my helmet is open face with visor.. kinda looks like a fighter polit helmet

also what is needed to pass?

to pass what? there are no scrutineers

its your own head, your problem

There were some dudes on the touge with no helmets in august

hey

thanks for the info... i went to the motorbike place next to super autobacs in tokyo bay.. cost me 10500yen brand new..

also what is needed to pass? my helmet is open face with visor.. kinda looks like a fighter polit helmet

no shit, i think i saw you and a mate browsing both stores. you picked up some hand tools? I didnt say hi because i have never met you and every white person i see around tokyo seems to think we should all say hi to each other lol. I found super autobacs such a let down :(, i guess i built it up too much. I didnt expect it to have s13 gear but i at least thought they`d have spoilers and gauges etc.

The shinjuku store we went to was a donkey hotel it seems, just all flat and not multi storey. I am having a hard time finding a cheap helmet that will also pass australian standards for when i return home.

You won't find a helmet that will pass Australian standards because no helmet in Japan is going to have the Australian Standard sticker on it

The donkey hotel you went to was probably the best place to find a cheap helmet really.

Super autobacs in Tokyo bay do have gauges and shit, did you go up the back left of the store? They have racks of brand new cusco strut braces and cabinets with gauges etc

You won't find a helmet that will pass Australian standards because no helmet in Japan is going to have the Australian Standard sticker on it

The donkey hotel you went to was probably the best place to find a cheap helmet really.

Super autobacs in Tokyo bay do have gauges and shit, did you go up the back left of the store? They have racks of brand new cusco strut braces and cabinets with gauges etc

that whole area you mention is a special area for the BRZ/FT86. it was like thats all they stocked for. there wasnt even a generic cannon exhaust anywhere. upstairs had some recaro seats, 2 bride seats and all gear for bloody VW, Merc, Audi, Mini and BMW.

Autobarn back in Brisbane has a bigger range of spoilers and seats etc

Edited by negativecamber

You sure that was Tokyo bay? They had a Nismo isle, a Cusco isle, and a whole level for bride/recaro

Edited by kriss

Had plenty of stuff when I was there in August

It was the store near the shininome station.

and as i said, upstairs had 2 bride seats. I did see the cusco brace isle, which is amoungst the BRZ area. If the BRZ was not out when you went, then this would explain the reason. there is a lot of gear there for them.

this one was on a massive road about a hour out of tokyo

On a side note, I was up close with Daijiro Inada the same day! he was on a panel of judges for an R/C drift comp at Odaiba.

The shinjuku store we went to was a donkey hotel it seems, just all flat and not multi storey. I am having a hard time finding a cheap helmet that will also pass australian standards for when i return home.

It's "Don Quixote", pronounced "donkihoteh".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM3t2ie6Yzc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM3t2ie6Yzc

hey

no shit, i think i saw you and a mate browsing both stores. you picked up some hand tools? I didnt say hi because i have never met you and every white person i see around tokyo seems to think we should all say hi to each other lol. I found super autobacs such a let down :(, i guess i built it up too much. I didnt expect it to have s13 gear but i at least thought they`d have spoilers and gauges etc.

lmao you were with your misses yeah? when you posted you were there i thought it was you

yeah super autobac was abit of a let down.. i'm hoping i won't be disappointed with up garage

to be honest i'm little annoyed i paid 10500yen for a helmet when i could of got it at home depot here for 5000yen.. it was a full face helmet

Yeah 10k yen is a bit much. It might actually do something though. Next Time I go I'm taking my Aus helmet with me.

When it comes to Upgarage, its worth visiting them where ever you are. Different stores have different stock. Some have not much, others have all sorts of stuff. There wasn't much that was of use to us though.

Super Autobacs was just like a giant autobarn or supercheap. Half wheels and tires. There was a second hand section where we went though which was good. As locky said, it was about an hour out of tokyo by car. North I think??

I just got a helmet from Donkey (thats how im spelling it Alexi :P) for 4980. its open faced but has the sides and back.

hey

lmao you were with your misses yeah? when you posted you were there i thought it was you

yeah super autobac was abit of a let down.. i'm hoping i won't be disappointed with up garage

to be honest i'm little annoyed i paid 10500yen for a helmet when i could of got it at home depot here for 5000yen.. it was a full face helmet

yep Im tall and my wife is blonde.