Sign in to follow this  
kriss

EBISU MATSURI DISCUSSION THREAD

I found super autobacs such a let down :(, i guess i built it up too much. I didnt expect it to have s13 gear but i at least thought they`d have spoilers and gauges etc.

I'd have to agree with you sadly, I was expecting a bit more in the way of proper performance bits. Ditto the Up Garage in Koriyama, thought there'd be more cool stuff in there. The tough as fk 171 Majesta parked out the back was a bit of saving grace though :P

Off to Ebisu tomorrow, see if I can get some footage/passenger laps/pay someone for a short steer of their car lol :P

heard some things about tokyo that paying in cash is the norm? any info on this, can i card things or should i keep a roll of cash on me?

Just got back to shinjuku after an epic few days in ebisu.

I have too much to go through on my camera but here is a teaser for you folks back home. This was filmed on my phone just after the G1gp finished on Friday and the track was a free for all.

heard some things about tokyo that paying in cash is the norm? any info on this, can i card things or should i keep a roll of cash on me?

Cash is best. You can use a normal atm card at citibank atms in a few spots (next to sunroute plaza hotel in shinjuku), and visa is used in most shops and restaurants. Cash is best, always have a suica card with about 1000yen for travels and 10,000yen in cash to cover most things in a day. My nab visa card got knocked back only once while getting fuel outside ebisu.

Edited by negativecamber

hey thanks guys, ill grab some wads of yen before i leave,

damn the weathers looking nuts up at ebisu

no need to transfer heps of cash before you go, my wife and I just transferred $150 aussie (20,000 Y) at the airport which was more than enough. The express train from the airport to shinjuku was $37 aus each and was the best way (90 mins), the bus (limosine), is almost the same money but takes 2 hours. Local trains are cheaper again but if its your first time or you are buggered from the flight i wouldnt recommend it.

If you are using card go for something with no international transfer fee's like 28degree's otherwise you will get smashed.

I use card sometimes, but mainly cash.

Autobacs/Super Autobacs is good for a 1st time visit otherwise its the same old unless your wanting to buy Brand New parts are slightly lower than RRP.

UpGarages are good, can use the website to find the more expensive parts otherwise just do a tour of them all and your sure to find something.

You can pickup a Location List from within store and if your lucky enough and the employee knows somewhat english they can highlight for you whats close or on your way :)\

Android App list ive found which has some good choices on it!

Google Japanese IME for when you need to type something - https://play.google....method.japanese

Hyperdia to get around on the trains - https://play.google....ndroid.activity

JED is a great offline dictionary including radical-based kanji lookup - https://play.google....om.umibouzu.jed

Kanji Recognizer integrates with WWWJDIC and lets you draw a kanji (even with the wrong stroke order) and it'll tell you what it is - https://play.google....kanjirecognizer

maps- for offline maps with custom download radius - https://play.google....coderminus.maps

WWWJDIC is a super fantastic dictionary but requires a connection - https://play.google....rg.nick.wwwjdic

Tokyo Metro App - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tokyometro

Japan Trains - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=bside.extremeambient.net&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImJzaWRlLmV4dHJlbWVhbWJpZW50Lm5ldCJd

Edited by antonioシ

Thanks for all that mate, ill definately use some of those apps,

will be my first time over there and probably will be checking the autobacs down in tokyo bay when I head to see toyota mega web, so will definately grab a list when I do

How long u here for 185hp? Im here till start of dec. Tokyo motor show, d1 world champs then home

Just sitting at nrt waiting to go home :(

This place is awesome, matsuri is fkin crazy. If anyone is still not sure about coming over just do it - shits cool as fk.

One thing I'd say is learn to at least read katakana. Shits not hard and its used to write foreign words (a lot of car related shit is written in katakana) so it makes understanding shit sooo much easier.

Also Skye was right, if you're a fan of high end Toyota sedans (like me :P ) prepare to lose your shit, they're fkin EVERYWHERE lol.

Just sitting at nrt waiting to go home sad.png

This place is awesome, matsuri is fkin crazy. If anyone is still not sure about coming over just do it - shits cool as fk.

One thing I'd say is learn to at least read katakana. Shits not hard and its used to write foreign words (a lot of car related shit is written in katakana) so it makes understanding shit sooo much easier.

Also Skye was right, if you're a fan of high end Toyota sedans (like me tongue.png ) prepare to lose your shit, they're fkin EVERYWHERE lol.

lol, same flight as me

How long u here for 185hp? Im here till start of dec. Tokyo motor show, d1 world champs then home

17th-25th, long enough to see lots but its seems to be rather quiet event wise for the duration of my trip unfortunatly

Trying to follow nakamura on minami, greatest moment of my life haha! Was a amazing week, can't wait to get back there!

Oh yeah, I want to warn anybody who goes there in the future to NOT use Google maps!!!!!! It takes you off road up an overgrown 4wd track haha. I drove along it listening to my gps and that shit was so wrong. hahaha apparently I was not the only one who did it, but I think I was the dumbest for going the longest.

f**king loved it.

Had the best time at Ebisu, so much drifting, would have done close to 1000kms in the week that I stayed there as I was clocking up easily over 100 each day.

Most Favousrite tracks would have to be Nishi Short, North Course and Higashi

Car drove very well and the gearbox lasted a whole week up until the afternoon of Matsuri when I broke 3rd gear

Wasn't really bummed about it since I've been drifting all week already, so i jumped in for some passenger rides instead of fixing the car.

G1 was pretty awesome and I somehow managed to qualify inside the Top16(13th).

This put me up against Nathan Wheeler, so i lost that battle pretty easy lol.

I'd definitly comming back next year, the question is whether I can make it down in May, or have to wait till November..

How many tyres did you go through man? We're you driving a fairly stock s13/14?

How many tyres did you go through man? We're you driving a fairly stock s13/14?

I was driving in the Blue 180 with a carbon bonnet, no front bar and dint in the passenger door side

I have 4 spare tires left over out of the 20 that I ordered

If I didn't break 3rd gear on Sat afternoon I would've finished them all by end of Sunday

Question to you guys who go to ebisu from aus.......how do you save the money with out spending it on your rides in aus. I want to go so so so bad but at the same time there is always shit to buy on my 180!!!!!!!

You get more track time in a week at Ebisu then you do in a year in NSW. Makes it pretty hard to work up the motivation to finish my 180, especially when the tracks in Japan are so much better.

Sittin in KLIA, only another 6 or so hours till japan, its been a long ass day

any idea of dates for next year yet? bulk keen to rock that shit again, with my own car this time :P

any idea of dates for next year yet? bulk keen to rock that shit again, with my own car this time tongue.png

When do next years Matsuri dates usually get released?

From what I know Matsuri revolves around Public Holidays/Festivals etc.., May is Golden Week and August is Obon, Not to sure about November im sure its something special then aswell

So id say taking a look at a Japanese calder should give you the info on what date's it would be next year id say exactly the same really..

Edited by antonioシ

Going to be aiming for April/May, but really depends on how much anual leave I'll have at that point

Who's going to Spring? Bought flights lastnight so I'll be landing on the 26th of April, driving the 33 again ofcourse