Sign in to follow this  
jono_32

Jono's 89 CA18DE Two Tone Aero

Hey guys, back with a build thread that will be updated and an account which I wont loose access to.....

Anywho... I bought my S13 back in March 2011.

She's a 1989 Seafoam Green Two Tone S13 Coupe. I work on a minimum wage (below $13.00) lol so money is hard to come by, but it's the hard working hours of slaving away in some crap pizza shop that has really made me appreciate the little yet tastefull changes I have made over the year and a bit. I tend to look at my car as form > function, I bought the car for its aesthetics and that's how I planned to keep it. Engine mods arnt really a thing im going for until I'm off my p's as I see building up a N/A motor a waste of time, especially on a CA and would rather wait 2 years to drop an RB25DET in :)

Mods Completed:

Rota Grid's 17x9 +12

Nissan Aero Side Skirts

Nissan Aero Front Bar w grills

Clear Indicators

Clear Parkers

Crystal Tail Lights

Roof Wing

To do:

COILOVERS

Nissan Aero pods

S14 Kouki Wing

Here she is the day I bought her

IMG_1246.jpg

Rattle canned my Aero Bar

IMG_3258.jpg

Ordered some beautiful Rota's in white, which scream "look at me" lol

ROTAS.jpg

Ran some stretch and did this....

IMG_3236.jpg

Fitted my Aero kit

awesomeweatherlq1.jpg

DepthofField.jpg

And fitted some Crystals..

newclears.jpg

So that's what she looks like atm, high as anything, but shes gnna have to sit that way till I can afford some nice coilovers..

Thanks for reading

post-112658-0-78704800-1347679668_thumb.jpg

Edited by jono_32

Thanks guys :)

how much of a bitch was taking the old lights out, hated it when did it to mine

looks good jono

\

Haha yeh, nothing a mallet couldnt handle..

this car looks so good i remember your old thread when you first bought it its come along way looks great man, wish i had an aero kit:(

Looks clean as mate you've done really well, I've seen it out the front of the pizza shop a few times now lol

So popped my cherry on Wednesday night on the way to an SAU meet to take photos for ZeroClearance... Got my first defect. It was a minor for having wheels that petruded outside my guards, no thrid brakelight and a sticker within my wipers movement.

She's cleared now (as of today) and had to throw back on the good ole stockies...

It was funny though, the first thing they told me to do, without even mentioning the wheels.. was to pop the hood.. They must have hoped I had a worked SR20 DET in there.... to bad it was a small stock as a rock, CA18DE lol

defect.jpg

defectcleared.jpg

nice same ball park as you , keeping the n/a ca till greens are over . got some interior pics? cant really tell but looks clean

How much stretch we're u running to do that to ur tyres?? I've got 225 on 9.5 and don't want that happening haha

no third brake light? WTF?

seen this last night.. looks pretty cool but deffs needs some low

haha yeh bad need some coilovers asap.. I just took the light from the spoiler and wired it up and chucked it up on my parcel shelf :)

nice same ball park as you , keeping the n/a ca till greens are over . got some interior pics? cant really tell but looks clean

Yeh Ill chuck some shots up, it's stock interior man, I love the silvia steering wheel, so I wouldnt change it, the only thing I will change are the seats and put some useful guages in there.

How much stretch we're u running to do that to ur tyres?? I've got 225 on 9.5 and don't want that happening haha

lmao, I wasnt running crazy stretch only 215's on 9's but, it got flat and then i pumped it up again (dead flat almost) and that causes the sidewalls to weaken and then bam, pop and tear lol, just keep an eye on your psi, everytime u fuel up, give em a glance :)

im liking the car man. Just thought id share this with you haha, go bored.

awesomeweatherlq11.jpg

Orange indicators MMMMMM :D love the photoshop Ben

well guys have something awesome to show :D

First in regards to Project_s13 here's an interior shot

IMG_1624.jpg

and now for the awesomeness....

In preperation for Grip Shift Slides JDMST Show And Shine show, I borrowed some coilovers off a mate, got them put it... and well.... here she is

mytwotone.jpg

Whats with the autobarn looking vents on the side of the front bar

THis car is like a copy of nigels... but with copy parts and without the fab ;)

Edited by (Locky)

Looks sweet! Got any side on pics?? Are you selling these wheels?? Thought I seen them on eBay.

ATM I havent taken any side on pics, hopefully will have some tommoz arvo/night.. Yeh selling these wheels, they were on ebay, nobody bought them though..

Whats with the autobarn looking vents on the side of the front bar

THis car is like a copy of nigels... but with copy parts and without the fab wink.png

The dodgey vents were on the bar when I bought it, don't know why anybody would even think about cutting into an original aero bar.. but he did, I think they were some kind of quick release clips to remove the front bar for the trailor then to chuck them back on again...

Nigel's S13 was the obvious inspiration for the looks of this car, without him, this would have probably looked like some old beat up pig. It;s not to say that this exact style is Nigels though, considering if you hop on Zilvia's Two Tone Preservation society's page then you will see it's super common combo. But his car showd me that all I need is to stick to the saying KISS... Keep It Simple Stupid.

Has come along way Jono, looks tidy.

looking good man, turns out I know your mate adam! small world, wish I was at calder earlier yesterday but I was a bit to hungover to make the morning sessions, would have been good to see it in person!

love how this thing looks.

makes me wanna sell mine and make a copy of this :D

and yes, nigel inspired, nothing wrong with that.

Edited by koguchi

Been a while since ive posted on here.

Since September,

-I attended the Show and Shine, I am still using poor Good Guy Steven's coilovers, but I am super close to buying my own, have to really give this guy something awesome to say thanks lol

-Ran even wider tyres and chewed into them

-Sold my Rota Grid's

-Jumped on the genuine band wagon and bought some classic SSR Formula and Hart R (super rare) wheels.

-Car has been lowerd more, but the tyre profiles make it look high, still scrape my beautiful aero bar, skirts and crossmember on speed bumbs..grr

-Bent my front drivers guard as i backed out of my driveway.....

In the coming weeks I plan on

-getting some extractors for the CA for it to sound awesome lol

-Buying rear pods finally

-Fixing my guard

-Coilovers

Other than that saving mulah for the Matsuri weekend as Ill be heading up there to film for Zeroclearance.net. If your up there come and say hi :)

IMG_4666.jpg

IMG_4659.jpg

onssr.jpg

IMG_4707.jpg