Sign in to follow this  
Hamon96

What to do on a new 180sx (New to Forum) + nissans

Hey Every one, i am a proud new owner of a Nissan 180sx i know not much about nissans, and i would love your advice on what you have done to yours.

the mods on this car are very simple,

- New suspension

-wheels

-Body Kit

-Leather interior seat covers.

cp5643553565816607814.jpg

cp5750519420263365568.jpg?height=700&aspect=FitWithinNoPad&width=1050

Edited by Hamon96

are you serious?

its your car, do whatever you want to it.

and if you want information on what to do, maybe have more detail. What will you be using the car for, just road use? drift? circuit? etc etc.

Yea just general road use with abit of drift, and im just wondering on what people have done with thier 180sx's

I would recommend a spring and strut combo to lower it and of course for better handling, maybe upgrade rear sway bar to GTR

type x kit and lights already there so thats good, is it already a Type X, if so why the redtop engine?

If you want more power you could up the boost to max 14psi assuming t25, this would require a front mount inter-cooler, fuel pump, injectors, exhaust/dump and a boost controller, an apexi unit has a few features to play around with for a/f ratios, etc

Exterior of car looks good and those silver drift teks are nice so if you dig it just leave it, if anything just add type X spoiler and roof wing

good idea to read up a bit and service car yourself to learn about it and see what you want/need done

Just a type X body kit. And thanks for all that info, ill look into the 14 psi think ill need a new fuel pump but that should be good. Thanks mate

Best thing to do first is service the car. Despite what previous owners say, these cars are ALWAYS treated horribly. That's why we buy the damned things.

Keep in mind T25's are pretty small turbo's as they go, anything higher than 10 PSI is going to produce more heat than power. To keep it reliable, as stated, a front mount intercooler will help you get the most out of the T25. If you want to keep it quiet (sensible), a bigger dump pipe and front pipe will give you better results. If the exhaust is stock, there's no point putting a 3" cat-back exhaust on, as this will just make it louder.

If you want to play with suspension, do as much reading as you can before hand. Simply throwing in coilovers and dumping it on it's ass will make it handle worse, and put more strain on all parts involved.

The car looks pretty clean and tidy, I personally would just take it easy with the mods while you get used to the car's handling and power delivery.

Ok thanks yea the previous owner didn't know what the boost controller was for so he just had it on zero, for a noticeably difference in boost keeping in mind that there are minimal mods to the performance of car what psi would you recommend? and thanks for all the help

10psi if still running stock side mount intercooler

MAX 14psi with front mount (as wizard said the air can get quite hot without this)

if down the track you plan on ugrading turbos to say a factory s15 (t28) unit, then you could up the boost to roughly 16psi safely on standard engine and with supporting mods but still nothing ridicuously priced, you could get around 200rwkw

People are able to get 160rwkw out of these turbos (t25) with the mods mentioned, also if you have facebook theres pages like Drift Sales and Jap Parts with lots of second hand parts available for good prices

If your keen on drifting and you haven't already done so, dumps n donuts are a good start and you will learn more about car both powerwise and suspension wise

If your keen on drifting and you haven't already done so, dumps n donuts are a good start and you will learn more about car both powerwise and suspension wise

or if you are actually interested in drifting hit up a drift school

Why can't that post I did months ago (in noobs section) about how to mod your car basics be sticked?

I actually was thinking - oh shit, now everyone will have what took *cough* hard work to find-out/discover

Instead this guy asks wtf he should do with his car...

Edited by Suspop

to easy i probably worded the post wrong just asaking what people have done to there cars not what i should do with mine. :)

If you haven't already checked out the members rides section its a good place to look, theres mild to wild 180's and everything in between.

Warning: may cause sleep deprivation

haha ill do it right now. the car is turbo'd but got no Blow off valve, should i get one and if so what type? cheers

or if you are actually interested in drifting hit up a drift school

this is true but at the same time it costs some money in Vic and does not come around often enough, there is no dedicated drift school track like the one on drift bible in Vic which is gheyyyy. But track is definitely best option, industrials are home to commos with singles who enjoy popping tyres and sparking up steel rims, fkn hotted commos these days

:lol: there is D class at winton nearly every month, and 2-3 drift schools a year at deca.

and of course is costs money, pay to learn properly VS ripping a nugget with your mates just winging it.. naaaaaaaahhh

no drift school track like drift bible?? :lol: dude WTF are you on?

haha ill do it right now. the car is turbo'd but got no Blow off valve, should i get one and if so what type? cheers

You're opening a huge can of worms with this question, my friend :P

Personally do not have a Blow off valve. Have owned the car for almost 4 years now running 15psi all day, everyday (as did the previous owner).

Save your money and just live with the flutter.

Or if you're still skeptical or have friends who are 'misinformed', look up best motoring on Youtube and you'll find that most SR powered machines featured do not have one (ie: Yashio Factory seem to disregard BOVs altogether for their vehicles). :thumb:

:lol: there is D class at winton nearly every month, and 2-3 drift schools a year at deca.

and of course is costs money, pay to learn properly VS ripping a nugget with your mates just winging it.. naaaaaaaahhh

no drift school track like drift bible?? :lol: dude WTF are you on?

He means, you can't hire time out at a track and drive your car, just like in drift bible, duh. Honestly Bling, you're worse than the kids these days.

^Yeah thats what I mean, there not freely available, Im referring to the little track that he does in the 86, also DECA is way too expensive for a skidpan day, SAU gymkhana is where it's at.

I thought I put enough sarcasm in there. Honestly, as much as I think track time is a rip-off, it's cheaper than a fine. Or defects. Or getting your car impounded. Or killing someone.

And as fun as just ripping up the handbrake or clutch kicking is, you might as well learn something whilst you're destroying your car.

yeah that is very true, I wasn't disagreeing with track being ultimate choice just costly but at the same time you got to fork out for what you love doing

If you want an awesome mod for drifting.

Buy my tyres.

As a bonus I'm not gonna care where you singe them.

Does Vic Drift have a camp fire where we can all hold hands and sing Kumbaya?

I would defly go if it did lol

Why can't that post I did months ago (in noobs section) about how to mod your car basics be sticked? I actually was thinking - oh shit, now everyone will have what took *cough* hard work to find-out/discover Instead this guy asks wtf he should do with his car...

yeah that was in my old post when i was asking questions about my 200sx if i can find that post ill copy and paste it but seems like the topic was deleted

I was running no BOV on my 180 (SR) on 8.5PSI and the lag was shit so got a CXracing hot pipe with BOV and its a great improvement however it didn't take long for a cop to give me a big fat defect sticker for it.

Since no one else has really told you their mods I'll give a list of mine:

Kawasaki Green Paint

Painted Rocker cover (Kawasaki Green)

Forged Internals

TEIN HR Adjustable Coil Over Suspension

S14 Koyorad Twin Core Radiator

GReady Radiator Cap

S14a JDM Kouki Front Bar

Veilside C3 Side Skirts & Rear Flares

Vented Eye Lid

3" Cat Back Exhaust

Front Mounted Intercooler

Zenzo Racing Pod Filter

Front and Rear Strut Braces

Starfire RS-R 1.0 Tires (215/40)

18" AWI 212 Wheels (18X7.5)

5mm Ezumi Wheel Spacers

Racing Steering Wheel

HKS Boss Kit

Pioneer AVIC-N3 Single Din DVD/CD Player

White Speed Cluster

60mm Apexi Boost Gauge

GReady A-Pillar Boost Gauge Mount

Razo RA16 Gear Knob

Megavox Tweeters

6.5" Sounstream Front Speakers

4X6 Megavox Rear Speakers

6X9 Kicker Rear speakers

Dual 12" US Audio Subs

1200 Watt Alpine Amp

Heavy Duty Extreme Clutch

GReady Oil Cap

cheers mate, what bran is your front mount because i still have the stock side mount intercooler, and i want to get a veeport BOV legal im sure :)

Get a GReady or HKS coz they give you more power.