Sign in to follow this  
Rocky88

Pioneer CDJ200 + DJM400

Anyone know much about them and how good they are as a newbie setup?

Will i miss a lack of midi? How well do they work with tractor w/ timecode cd?

hey mate, ive used pioneer gear and i recon its a good start. are you looking at the jbhifi monster pack (i think thats what it was called) if so deff a good starting point but i would deff look at upgrading the mixer.

Go second hand. Don't use traktor or serato, use cd's unless ur doing rnb.

Good choice to start :). If you can afford it, get cdj400's. if not the 200's will be fine.

Edited by -fill-

Yeah CDJ200 looks really good value for money, wouldn't mind CDJ400 tho if one comes up at the right price just for the USB compatibility.

I only want to be able to use tractor cause I'm used of controllers.

What style of music do you play? And what controllers do you use?

Trance, house and prog. I've only used some cheap arse numark controller lol. Want to start playing around with cdj's, but still want to keep my options open

why do u need controllers to play trance and prog? if your a newbie, start with the basics.

I agree. I've been mixing for 7 years now, I do club work weekly and never had the need for controllers.

Especially since ur doing those genre, best to learn the basics and use cdj or vinyl.

Just my advice, take it or leave it

looked at them last week at jbhifi. pretty sure it was about 1500. an awsome starting setup

Yeah you're right, probably pointless getting traktor scratch + timecode kit if I'll never use it. Thanks for help all :thumbsup:

With the money you save on traktor and useless equipment, that can go towards a nice pair of headphones and a decent pair of monitors

To put into my perspective, I've got high end gear and out of all, I wouldn't skimp on the headphones or monitors and if we're to downgrade my gear, I would let go of my cdj2000's and djm 900 rather than my headphones and monitors :)

you can actually hear all the music with a good pair of headphones. im not a dj but i noticed it greatly when i changed from a $50 pair of sony's to $200 sennheissers