Sign in to follow this  
Meticulous

Hill climbs or Hill runs in VIC

Yes we do, hill climb is very popular having Bryant Park track in Yallourn North ~3hrs south/east of Melbourne.

Also there is sprint's such as Mt Baw Baw sprint.

Heres the Gippsland Car Club website, updated regularly plenty of info: http://www.gippslandcarclub.com.au/

There is one my way near sugarloaf called rob Roy hill climb, I'm pretty sure a mg club owns it

Ararat hill climb as well, pretty cool road!

Going Haunted Hills this weekend. been waiting all year for this day.

SAU/WRX club day. Going with a mate in his new 86, so its me vs him haha.

What track layout are they doing Neil? Figure eight, or straight clockwise?

that's funny Neil im going drifting on sat as i usually hill-climb, ad you who drift is going hill-climbing

Haunted Hills is soooo much fun. You'll love it.

tracks running reverse figure of 8 and ive pulled out. weather is looking average with rain and snow predicted for the remaining week. ill wait till next year i guess :(

tracks running reverse figure of 8 and ive pulled out. weather is looking average with rain and snow predicted for the remaining week. ill wait till next year i guess sad.png

Ahh yeah, it's not really a track you want to push in the wet. There are a couple of hairy corners, especially reverse as you still have the full effect of the "oh shit" corner. I did standard figure 8 when I drove it last year.

CCRMIT should be doing their annual end of year event there in December, if you're interested in taking part. Untimed, but still a fun day.

Dont forget mt Leura in camperdown, few hours west of melb.

tracks running reverse figure of 8 and ive pulled out. weather is looking average with rain and snow predicted for the remaining week. ill wait till next year i guess :(

Ahh yeah, it's not really a track you want to push in the wet. There are a couple of hairy corners, especially reverse as you still have the full effect of the "oh shit" corner. I did standard figure 8 when I drove it last year.

CCRMIT should be doing their annual end of year event there in December, if you're interested in taking part. Untimed, but still a fun day.

yeh man i am. id rather untimed can do the timing via stop watch fine. would be sick to get back down there.

tracks running reverse figure of 8 and ive pulled out. weather is looking average with rain and snow predicted for the remaining week. ill wait till next year i guess sad.png

yeh man i am. id rather untimed can do the timing via stop watch fine. would be sick to get back down there.

Excellent... I'll post up when it's been confirmed, but I imagine it will be in December again some time.

Last time for timing I just used Trackmaster on my phone and did the timing that way. With an external 10hz GPS unit, it's incredibly accurate.

great ocean road biggrin.png

not much of a hill climb lol. and probably the most traffic out of any decent road in vic :P

good that it rained and i didnt miss out on it dry lol. I would have been driving my civic. wet + fwd + vtec = understeer into a wall. lol

Yeah fair call! A 4G63 fwd Lancer did exactly that on the day above.

Edited by S Fort

wuestion for you all, do these hillclimbs look down on you if you wanna slide the corners? haunted hills looks awesome and being wet you could prob have got it out more at the back if your so inclined but yeh, if your into that do that not like it? not want rubber put on the tracks etc?

On the day above I was throwing it around a bit in front of the officials. There were a couple keen drifters in Silvias linking corners and the blokes running the day seemed as keen to watch as the rest of us.

One thing the footage doesn't show is the camber of the corners. You can get on the gas surprisingly hard through most of them, even in the wet. In the vid above, between the last 2 corners, you can see the rear unload right at the end of the corner as it flattens out. And I wasn't even jumping on it.

Going back in a few weeks - can't wait to give it a proper crack this time.

Edited by S Fort

Let's hope it's dry in a few weeks though. My S13 around there in the wet would be a bit sketchy I imagine.

between blue joanna an red joanna there are some wide winding corners heading out to airs river, but i wouldint hit them early in the morning or late at night due to the drunken inbread ute drivers

hillclimbs allow drifters is all i have taken from this, what club you need to be a member of to join in? id love to go xD have a hang out sesh, so some sliding, see my cars grip limits win win so what do i need to get involved? i have the car whatelse??

hillclimbs allow drifters is all i have taken from this, what club you need to be a member of to join in? id love to go xD have a hang out sesh, so some sliding, see my cars grip limits win win so what do i need to get involved? i have the car whatelse??

I wouldn't count on being offered anything on here or any other forum. A lot of people on the forum these days don't want to get involved just because police associate themselves with these forums and not to mention that 70% on forums now are posers that make and tune their car to look and drive like a drift car, but at meets just take photos so they can set it as their wallpaper on their computer.

You'd have more luck joining calaisturbo, even though they are all bogans and their cars sound all the same, they have more balls than the JDM enthusiasts these days who claim to be drifters but only take it out once a year to a show and shine sausage sizzle.