Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Cranium

Do you think gay marriage should be "legalised"?

Haha, I'd find a job that takes me overseas for a week each month.

Then again, if you put in enough effort, you could find three chicks with different times of the month, then put them on rotation.

Three rooms, no sharp objects nearby, and you're on a winner.

That plan is flawed, they'll synchronise in no time lol.

Noooooooooooooooo....

Whilst three wives sounds good on the surface I'd imagine you would never have the chance to be right ever again.

Imagine driving somewhere and asking for directions. :doh:

Back on topic, I can't see a problem with it. It's not like they will take over the world.

1/3rd of aussie marraiges end in divorce so its already losing/lost some of that 'sacred bond between a man and a woman, til death do us part' jargon.

I am in the yes category, unless you live under a rock you would know that sexual preference is not a choice, not letting gay people get married is like not letting blonde haired people get married. It also hurts noone except bigots with a 1st century beleif system.

BS. Sexual preference is definitely a choice.

Having said that.. I have nothing against gays.

Who gives a f**k about marriage these days anyway? Let the government in on their love.

I take it you have some first hand experience to back this up then?

Are you able to make yourself enjoy taking one in the pooper as much as smashing a vag?

If no, do you have a scientific paper to base your 'expert' opinion on?

the chaser at its best

I am in the yes category, unless you live under a rock you would know that sexual preference is not a choice, not letting gay people get married is like not letting blonde haired people get married. It also hurts noone except bigots with a 1st century beleif system.

Having said that.. I have nothing against gays.

Who gives a f**k about marriage these days anyway? Let the government in on their love.

so stooopid ^^^

also this: chaser at its best on gay marriage

How is it a choice¿?

I have friends that have gone from straight to bi, or straight to gay.

They consciously made the decision to be that way because of an attraction that developed over time.

I take it you have some first hand experience to back this up then?

Are you able to make yourself enjoy taking one in the pooper as much as smashing a vag?

If no, do you have a scientific paper to base your 'expert' opinion on?

Since when am I an expert?

I haven't taken it in the pooper, but I highly doubt it could ever be as pleasurable as smashing a vag. I'm not willing to try being impaled by the BBC.

Feel free to try it and get back to me though.

Edited by Shark

At least 50% of people supporting gay marriage aren't doing it for civil rights, they're doing it as an excuse to stick it to the man and a way to oppose religious beliefs. They will be more than happy to talk it up all over the internet, but wouldn't have the slightest interest in really going out and protesting with the gays. In a way it's another wave of hipster-ism; pretending to care.

well there's a difference between agreeing with gay marriage, and supporting it fully i guess, i have absolutely no interest or personal investment in it besides being a libertarian, so no i won't go protest it, i cant be f**ked, but doesn't negate the fact that i think gay marriage being illegal is retarded.

Doesn't bother me at all if the laws change and they are allowed to get married, but to me and in my mind, marriage will always be between a man and a woman.

Let me just turn the clock back 50 years.

"marriage will always be between a white man and a white woman or a black man and a black woman"

end of the day, i understand if churches don't want to be a part of it, and appreciate that it's origin comes from religion

That's actually not true. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage

Marriage was more about the family, the tribe, and the rights of offspring in the beginning, rather than religion.

i f**king knew someone was gonna call me out on that point, end of the day, the current day format of marriage is mostly derived from the person's religion, and it's only recently when countries have become more secular that secular marriages have been more common, although still following a similar format of the predominant religion in that country, just cutting some of the obvious religious parts out.

They consciously made the decision to be that way because of an attraction that developed over time.

So because your bi-sexual friends like to keep changing their title that somehow makes you an expert on the entire population of gays?

Since you declared that "sexual preference is definitely a choice".

Maybe you could re-word your statement to "i believe is it a choice based on my limited, un-qualified experiences with an insignificant number of people".

I haven't taken it in the pooper, but I highly doubt it could ever be as pleasurable as smashing a vag. I'm not willing to try being impaled by the BBC.

Well if sexual preference is a choice, it should be just as easy for you to turn yourself gay as you believe it is for gay people to turn themselves straight.

I'm simply asking you to prove your theory by taking one in the pooper.

I know 4 gays. (1 gay, 3 lesbians)

The guy is gay because he was teased at high school (making him hate guys)

1 of the lesbians is lesbian for attention, and the other 2 girls seem to be legit

so out of all the ones i know, 50% should not be allowed to be married or adopt kids.

And i might include that all 4 are heavy on drugs, besides from the guy who now has black outs from taking too much drugs

wait....he was teased by guys, making him hate guys, so now he likes guys?

teased by guys, didnt want to be a guy anymore, hung around girls, found a chubby gay guy, ended up liking the dick.

So because your bi-sexual friends like to keep changing their title that somehow makes you an expert on the entire population of gays?

Since you declared that "sexual preference is definitely a choice".

Maybe you could re-word your statement to "i believe is it a choice based on my limited, un-qualified experiences with an insignificant number of people".

Well if sexual preference is a choice, it should be just as easy for you to turn yourself gay as you believe it is for gay people to turn themselves straight.

I'm simply asking you to prove your theory by taking one in the pooper.

:lol:

ok man.

recently being a smartass to gays on facebook just to piss them off, doin ma thang. pretending to be an ignorant asshole and one of them was having a whinge at me saying if he could be attracted to girls he would because itd make his life so much easier...just for those saying its a choice

I am 100% completely wrong. Being gay is not a choice.

Poor *milkshakes*.

i've only glossed over the last couple of posts, but has anyone mentioned the possibility that some people are born gay and others choose it?

i've only glossed over the last couple of posts, but has anyone mentioned the possibility that some people are born gay and others choose it?

Has to be one or the other.

From what I've read..

..in this thread

Edited by Shark

Of course there's a level of choice.

It's been proven that 10% of the population is 100% gay, and another 10% being 100% straight. That's 80% of the population somewhere in the middle. It doesn't mean they're all bisexuals, but it means someone could go one way or the other in the right conditions. I think that leaves a lot of room for choice.

Edited by steveP

For anybody that thinks homosexuality is wrong, unnatural or a black and white decision, have a read of the Kinsey Reports and the scale of sexuality.

doesnt affect or bother me in anyway

i dont care if it's legalized or not, it has nothing to do with me. which makes me question all the people getting bitchy about it becoming legalized...it doesnt affect them at all so why do they care so much?

also, people who go on about it being a religious constitution between a man and woman annoy me. marriage is a social act separate from religion for two people to be legally joint, not religiously.

I'm on the same page as the troll

I don't care if they can or they can't doesn't bother me at all

I think the world has bigger issues to worry about

sounds more like they're confused.

It's been proven that 10% of the population is 100% gay, and another 10% being 100% straight. That's 80% of the population somewhere in the middle. It doesn't mean they're all bisexuals, but it means someone could go one way or the other in the right conditions. I think that leaves a lot of room for choice.

Really??? It's been PROVEN????

Care to elaborate and back up that statement with some evidence?

Edited by sweepa

i dont care if it's legalized or not, it has nothing to do with me. which makes me question all the people getting bitchy about it becoming legalized...it doesnt affect them at all so why do they care so much?

also, people who go on about it being a religious constitution between a man and woman annoy me. marriage is a social act separate from religion for two people to be legally joint, not religiously.

And this "I don't care, it doesn't affect me" attitude is exactly why the world is going to shit. :(

Edited by sweepa

And this "I don't care, it doesn't affect me" attitude is exactly why the world is going to shit.

oh my god, the worlds ruined, it was so much better when i was younger, everythings shit now, everythings a conspiracy, everyone else is an idiot wah wah wah

shutup

being_a_cynical_asshole_by_inf3ct3d_d3m0n-d3l9cd4.png

And this "I don't care, it doesn't affect me" attitude is exactly why the world is going to shit. :(

I don't care on this issue

Maybe if the world sorted out all the other more important issues first then maybe I'll worry about this what

How's about Australia take care of the crime ? Every day with out fail there has been a shooting, stabbing, smash and grab, bag snatch

Doesn't seem to end EVERY DAY WITH OUT FAIL!!

I'm more worried about my families safety then I gays should be allowed to Marry

And this "I don't care, it doesn't affect me" attitude is exactly why the world is going to shit.

oh my god, the worlds ruined, it was so much better when i was younger, everythings shit now, everythings a conspiracy, everyone else is an idiot wah wah wah

shutup

Yeah, and I bet your the type of person who when some really bullshit law comes into place that does affect you, will be straight on here whinging "aww that's bullshit! they can't do that".

so

STFU_and_GTFO.jpg

Lol at your time being precious.

Says the guy who wastes his time praying to his magic spaceman.

shutup

Yeah, and I bet your the type of person who when some really bullshit law comes into place that does affect you, will be straight on here whinging "aww that's bullshit! they can't do that".

so

STFU_and_GTFO.jpg

It's probably not that "bullshit law" part.... But the "affects you" that would make him say its bullshit...

I don't pray and I don't believe in god

The things i wrote in the religion thread was to clear up the mistakes you were making

Really??? It's been PROVEN????

Care to elaborate and back up that statement with some evidence?

You've really never heard of Kinsey and his research 50 years ago? Over 180,000 people extensively interviewed and it was the largest sex survey ever conducted. There's been many many studies done since which confirm his findings.