Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Cranium

Do you think gay marriage should be "legalised"?

I don't pray and I don't believe in god

The things i wrote in the religion thread was to clear up the mistakes you were making

retard-receiving-certificate-congratulations-youre-retarded.jpg

Of course there's a level of choice.

It's been proven that 10% of the population is 100% gay, and another 10% being 100% straight. That's 80% of the population somewhere in the middle. It doesn't mean they're all bisexuals, but it means someone could go one way or the other in the right conditions. I think that leaves a lot of room for choice.

Really??? It's been PROVEN????

Care to elaborate and back up that statement with some evidence?

You've really never heard of Kinsey and his research 50 years ago? Over 180,000 people extensively interviewed and it was the largest sex survey ever conducted. There's been many many studies done since which confirm his findings.

I've heard of it, it still doesn't demonstrate in any way shape or form that people would have anymore 'choice' in there sexual orientation.

Edited by sweepa

You're a sad case sweepa

Step away from the internet's and get a life

You're a sad case sweepa

Step away from the internet's and get a life

I'm the sad case? let's examine what we know about you then shall we?

either A: you really are a religious fan boy who is now trying to pretend that he is not because he is too weak and feeble minded to stick by his convictions...

or B: you lied because you 'thought' you were being 'clever' somehow and god only know what you think you proved.

either way its the actions of a rather sad and pathetic individual.

Edited by sweepa

You're really making yourself look stupid.

Well some people have the capacity to abandon religion, even if it's a strong religion, and they still might be shaped by its values. I have a Turkish mate who's a massive hippy, takes acid, smokes pot, has sex with girls and guys, goes to doofs, studies alot of alternative theories. Crazier things have happened.

I haven't actually read it myself but the title says it all; "the invention of heterosexuality". Might answer some questions for you.

You're really making yourself look stupid.

How? by calling out a bullshit artist? Which reminds me :D

you still haven't shown how the Kinsey scale proves people have a choice in their sexual orientation.

I'm not here to do your homework for you, but do a bit of reading here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinsey_Reports

If you don't think there's a level of choice, how do you describe bisexuals? Surely everyone knows of someone who has alternated between males and females. If they aren't choosing to do that, was is it, random coincidences?

I've read it, and there is nothing there that proves choice. even if they are bi, it doesn't mean they have a choice in weather or not they are bi

p.s And you are the one that made the statement so it is 'your job' to do the homework to provide evidence to support it.

why the hell would I look it up trying to prove your point for you.

Edited by sweepa

Depending where someone falls on the scale, it will determine how much they prefer both sexes. It's not a difficult concept to gasp or to see in real life.

Btw the wiki page links to real articles and studies.

p.s And you are the one that made the statement so it is 'your job' to do the homework to provide evidence to support it.

Because you said you weren't familiar with Kinsey who is pretty widely known.

Edited by steveP

i think some people are mixing choice with nurture over nature, some people are brought up in situations that turn them gay, even if not genetically gay, they are turned gay by their surroundings without their choice. i think the % which "choose" to be gay is actually probably pretty small, how do you say, well i like vag, but wouldn't it be cool if i liked sucking cock, i might try and make myself a fag.

but you still don't get a say in whether your bi or not. people don't choose to be born bi.

If you're bi, you do have somewhat of a choice whether to enter into a hetro or homo relationship and how you'll be treated by the government.

Edited by steveP

to a certain extent that's true, if your bi you can sort of pick if your in the mood or some cock or some vag tonight, but it's kind of a different argument. But to suggest that someone could just pick a side if they're bi for the purposes of appeasing government regulations is a pretty flawed argument. You can't really control who you'll fall in love with or who you develop a connection with just because your a switch hitter.

And even if you did pick a side to appease government regulations wouldn't that be devaluing the meaning of marriage anyway.

Of course there's a level of choice.

It's been proven that 10% of the population is 100% gay, and another 10% being 100% straight. That's 80% of the population somewhere in the middle. It doesn't mean they're all bisexuals, but it means someone could go one way or the other in the right conditions. I think that leaves a lot of room for choice.

Really??? It's been PROVEN????

Care to elaborate and back up that statement with some evidence?

You've really never heard of Kinsey and his research 50 years ago? Over 180,000 people extensively interviewed and it was the largest sex survey ever conducted. There's been many many studies done since which confirm his findings.

There is a general consensus that the vast majority of people who are either Bi or Gay do not have a choice, this is brought about not by a research paper on 180,000 people but over years of observation and analysis, sure there are those that chose it, but could that choice be driven by something they cannot control?

This went downhill far quicker than i imagined lol.

I think Louis C.K. summaries my point of thinking, I read some of the stuff in this thread but it looked like most people were normal in their reasons and I'm glad to see that most of NS doesn't care about what two people of any sex want to do in regards to sex, marriage and having kids.

The world will turn gay? Nothing will happen and nobody will be affected. Nobody will even know same sex couples are getting married unless they were invited to one.

That's not the point I was making. It was a hypothetical scenario if being gay was 'the norm'.

You make it sound like people just wake up one morning and decide that they want to by gay.

The world will turn gay? Nothing will happen and nobody will be affected. Nobody will even know same sex couples are getting married unless they were invited to one.

This.

I got a sister who is gay, had a partner for 6 years....getting 'married' next year....

Just legalise the f**kin shit so i dont have to listen to it on a monday night at the dinner table.

nah but in all seriousness...Louis CK is spot on.

I got a sister who is gay, had a partner for 6 years....getting 'married' next year....

I slept with a chick, then found out my sister had also slept with her.

Not sure how I feel about that.....

Pics ?

Pics ?

Of what, my dick? I would but I don't want to hit my internet cap, lolz

Pics ?

Of the sister and the chick u both shared

go for the 3 way bro :ph34r:

This. Ultimate tag-team.

maybe he should start small and try with his sister first, then see if the other one will come in

Oh you guys! I'm going over to Boostcruising where the conversations are more mature

Pics ?

Of the sister and the chick u both shared

this.