Sign in to follow this  
-LCD-

world record skydive

Is he aiming for 120k ft. from sea level or from ground level, I think there's about 3k ft. difference. I'm gonna leave for a bit, given it's still another hour and a half to get up there.

its being televised on 7mate if anyone wants to watch it

Is he aiming for 120k ft. from sea level or from ground level, I think there's about 3k ft. difference. I'm gonna leave for a bit, given it's still another hour and a half to get up there.

aiming for 120/130K ft.

not sure about ground level or sea level. I would have thought readings would have to have been from sea level :S

it's 30min behind if people want to see the lift off moment

aiming for 120/130K ft.

not sure about ground level or sea level. I would have thought readings would have to have been from sea level :S

The readings on the vid are from sea level but he launched 3000 ft from the sea level so I was wondering if they factor that into the total as he'll still land around about 3000ft above sea level I would assume. Not important but it was just something in my mind.

it's 30min behind if people want to see the lift off moment

eh its live for me :)

aiming for 120/130K ft.

The readings on the vid are from sea level but he launched 3000 ft from the sea level so I was wondering if they factor that into the total as he'll still land around about 3000ft above sea level I would assume. Not important but it was just something in my mind.

my guess would be sea level would be the official reading of the jump, but travel distance will be calculated on ground level where landed.... that seems most logical to me, but I've not found anything on the site to prove my theory

first problem has been found.

His "face heating" appears not to be giving him heat... the sound feed stopped and has only just resumed by the commentator with some filler talk

Said there still working on the heating issue, what happens to the capsule once he jumps

Said there still working on the heating issue, what happens to the capsule once he jumps

They have it parachute back down. It has a ton of footage, photos and data that they'll use in the future for space flights, training etc.

It's so god damn big compared to his little capsule haha. Getting even closer now. :hypo:

Yeah, it's crazy just how far these cameras can go and still maintain a decent image quality. I'm super nervous just sitting here.

DAT DOOR OPEN