Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo de Freytas

will hydraulic e brake fit in stock 180sx

hey guys i'm kinda new on this site and have some questions. I have a stock 180sx with stock brake and everything and just started drifting but my e brake wont lock up i already changed the pads and adjusted the brake line but it still wont lock. I'm really getting tired of it and want to install a hydraulic e brake on my ride or just fix this problem. Everybody i know is telling me i NEED to change my stock brakes and install skyline or silvia brakes. Is this really so?? pls tell me

@steven. I may have all the problems you mentioned because the brake line is a bit stretched the disks are a bit on the smooth side and I never heard of the gktech handbreak extender before will shurely be checking that out but it is sold out right now :( so I have to wait

If its a daily then a hydro is a terrible idea, you either have to run the hydro and the standard handbrake, live without a park brake or make up some way of perminately locking the hydro on, but of course that will knacker your brake seals with the constant pressure. Fixing the stock handbrake would be easiest.

flicking can be very helpful, even with the hydro in my track car you have to pull real hard to lock them, but while 'flicking' it a lot easily. I'll let bling explain that though because ive only just started doing it myself lol.

try ripping the wheel to un-balance the car and and pull the handbrake fast.

and at the end of the day the still is going to use the same pads and rotors at the cable brake anyway